PDA

View Full Version : Grey (PG/G)

Lilith The First
19th January 2004, 22:23
Title: Grey
Author: Lilith The First
Rating: G-PG
Summary: a different side of Chlex

Disclaimer: read out loud. this. is. not. mine.

Author's Note: This is not my first try at fanfiction, but as it is of Chlex I'd like to know what you think about my fanfic, to better understand what I did wrong and what is good. Thanks. and thanks to Tigerlily and to Gea, because they convinced me this could be a Chlex.

Grey

There's something about you that I cannot understand. I never could, and probably never will.
I don't know what it is. It's something that used to repulse me and attract me, and make me feel privileged and weak and probably any of what I am saying is making sense.

But I'm used to it.

Where I am, everything is grey. Grey is worse than black; black absorbs all the light and all the colours, grey just remains the same. White reflects all the light, not absorbing any colour, but grey simply remains the same, light doesn't change it.

Your eyes are grey. Slate blue actually. But they change with your expressions, and you’re so cold that they are grey most of the times. I think you’ve forgotten how to make the blue emerge. The way you live, the way you act, you took refuge in the greyness and made it your home. So, now, your eyes are grey.

That kind of grey, which seems silver when I look at your profile.
It is said that eyes are the windows of the soul, but in your case the windows are obscured by deep thick velvet curtains. Something difficult to move, that hides perfectly everything behind it. But when the curtain will move, there will be an entire new world to explore.

The first time you showed interest in me was when you had just come to Smallville. You came to the Torch, said something and walked away. And your eyes were blue. Blue like a winter morning, when a single cloud can change the blue into grey. But in that moment they were blue. You still weren't the person who captured me, but interesting, more intriguing of what I liked to admit. I knew you were a Luthor, you came from a rich and powerful family and you were pleased of it. You liked who you were, not really caring about your name, and anybody who could look beyond prejudices could see it. It was in your way of walking, with your head held up high, not showing-off, but simply proud of who you were.

You still grace the halls of where I am now, but your head is not held up as high as you used to. You aren't ashamed of who you are, yet, but you're doubting. I can see it when you come to me. You hurt me, and I bleed, and you seem to enjoy my blood, you touch its redness, while its metallic essence fills your lungs. I look at you, coughing and trying to breathe. And I still can't see you. I think not even you can see where your mask, the one you've worn for so long, ends, and when your real self start.

I won't say that you're not really evil, that you've been hurt in the past, poor tormented little boy. I believe you're a man who made his choices, and who is living them fully. Here's where I respect you. However, I can't help but relish when I see your eyes dull. When your silver becomes grey like dust. It's because you doubt. You're doubting how you live, and, sometimes, when you're alone in your ancient perfectly furnished castle, in front of a fire, you gaze at the flames, lost in thoughts that are getting you every time further, and getting back is more and more difficult every time.

In moments like these I don't care whether they'll ever come to save me, I'm seeing you blindly walk towards your end, and I indulge in this vision, and I pray because I want to see when the curtain will open, revealing to you the absence of colours.

And then grey will be everything.

tigerbaby
19th January 2004, 22:40
I love it! A new minion! Excellent http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/evilthoughts.gif. heheh

Anyway, beautiful piece and I think Chloe understands more than she realizes.

And yes, you may call me tigerlily, but only you :biggrin:

hfce
20th January 2004, 01:34
That was great powerful. I loved it. :clap:

Hope :)

Gea
20th January 2004, 01:56
Tesoro! I knew you'd make it work! And worth!
Now that I'm reading it again, let me say that it really is a beautiful piece! Chloe's insight is poignant.

And didn't we talk about another piece, uh? :hint hint: :blinkkiss:

Gaia

§åß®îNå
20th January 2004, 05:43
the fic is great!!!

You hurt me, and I bleed, and you seem to enjoy my blood, you touch its redness, while its metallic essence fills your lungs. I look at you, coughing and trying to breathe. And I still can't see you. I think not even you can see where your mask, the one you've worn for so long, ends, and when your real self start.

i thought that was heartbreaking, but i loved the sentence.

The fic actually makes me think that theres still some hope for lex, even all he has done in general and to Chloe... bc she still cares too much about him. hmmm do i make sense? lol
anyway...
I loved it!

autumngold
20th January 2004, 07:28
I know better than to read angst, this story is so, so sad!! Poor Chloe and Lex!! I don't think either deserves to be grey!! :chlexsign4:

scifichick774
20th January 2004, 16:42
Originally posted by tigerbaby@Jan 19 2004, 01:40 PM

I think Chloe understands more than she realizes.

Agreed. That was certainly the impression I got. Nicely done.

ColumbiaBlue
21st January 2004, 06:10
Oh wow... that was so good. :ohmy:

~Manda :blinkkiss:

carebear72884
23rd January 2004, 05:36
that was absolutly beautiful, it is honestly one of the best writtten fics that i have ever seen, the words flowed so well and the imagry was amazing. i absoultly love it and will be looking forward to more, i am so exited for this fic, it is wonderful.

Clannadlvr
24th January 2004, 01:40
Oh god...this is what I get for reading two angsty fic in a row... *sighs*

Yours was such a punch to the gut, pitch perfect in Chloe's understanding of Lex. I love how you juxtapose grey, blue, silver...all colors so close but with such different undertones.

Absolutely wrenching.

amazing.