PDA

View Full Version : The Light (G)

Val
16th January 2004, 05:36
A/N: Ok, so this is really short, really shitty and probably won't make much sense but my stupid muse made me write it down and although it hasn't really come out as I expected, I figured I'd post anyways, so, here it is...

--------------------

Darkness surrounded him for so long. His night was endless but he was used to it... He had been born in darkness. During the course of his life he thought he had seen the sun a couple of times but he found out he had been mistaken, he had only seen a brighter star that faded away quickly. He knew he was mistaken back then because once he laid eyes in the brightest thing one could imagine; and it brought the real light into his life.

His night had finally ended and his dawn was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

It almost blinded him in the beginning, so overwhelming, the brightness confused him at first, it made him suspicious because how could something be so perfect? How could it have no hidden intentions behind it? Could he trust something that seemed so pure, so lovely and yet so real? As time went by he realized he could, he loved the light and how it pushed his troubles away, keeping them hidden in the dark. Happiness surrounded him and he no longer had doubts about anything in life, it was perfect.

And like anything that reaches its better state, the light started to fade away, so slowly at first that he had not noticed the changes, but as time went by, he could see his doubts, regrets and troubles seeming to be able to come closer to him then they ever were since his dawn.

He reached for the light and did the best he could to keep it shinning, brightening his paths, but slowly, it gave way to shadows and when the sun stopped shinning, he was consumed by the dark once again.

This dark, however was different, he knew the light now and he knew what was happiness, he also knew he'd never know it again. He felt his heart grow colder as a black velvet enveloped him, he could no longer see anything for he was no longer used to the lack of light. He felt numb, because he could no longer feel pain either.

All he had now was a memory, a memory of what he had, a memory that not even the constant shadow could take away from him...

The memory of her.

Charmingjen
16th January 2004, 06:04
Hey Val, although it was short it was good. Sounds like it could even be a prologue to a fic that could be done in the future. Good job! :)

Housten
16th January 2004, 07:15
Oh how sad... Really, really, really good, but sad.

hfce
16th January 2004, 07:16
That was great but so sad.

Hope :crygreen:

Clannadlvr
16th January 2004, 07:28
Great use of imagery, Val! It's like that old discussion of the need for darkness...if we didn't have darkness, then we wouldn't appreciate light. And you've definitely shown of Lex (I'm assuming) has touched that light (Chloe) and now, when he's lost it, is more alone than ever before.

Great job.

autumngold
16th January 2004, 08:37
I think your story portrays your ideas beautifully!! It is so sad!! The idea of Chloe's light dimming!! Very realistic!! :chlexsign3:

vardaquareien
16th January 2004, 13:22
Beautiful. Really beautiful. I thought it was very clear! Wonderful symbolism and great emotions.

Val
16th January 2004, 17:59
Thank you so much for reviewing this! Means a lot to me, I was really feeling bad about my writting after that piece and you guys made me feel better, you all rock! Thank you! :biggrin: :hug:

I'm really glad it made some sort of sence hehehe

gina
17th January 2004, 12:46
Wow, so sad. Even though the fic was short, I thought that it expressed a lot and a we got a nice insight into Lex's character.

Well done! :)

asharnanae
17th January 2004, 16:34
:biggrin: Love it!!!

sara_noele
17th January 2004, 17:07
Very sad :crygreen: , but still very beautiful!!

drina
17th January 2004, 20:07
I like the imagery of Lex losing the light ie chloe

Blaire023
28th January 2004, 15:23
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*grabs Val by the shirt and drags her back in the forum*

FIX IT!!!! PLEASE... :crygreen:

~B

cresmix
5th February 2004, 00:15
Val, such a sensitive, colourful piece... oh, I loved it. :worship2:

starmoon
29th April 2005, 03:55
that was so sad it made me want to cry.

LarkLuthor
29th April 2005, 03:59
Lovely little poetic peice of pose.... Why don't you write more than you do? *Eyes Val with fiendish eyes glowing*

Lark