PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of Clytemnestra (PG-13)

Lulucifer
30th December 2003, 05:23
Title – The Fall of Clytemnestra
Disclaimer – Well, as everyone knows, Lex and Chloe does not belong to any of us.
Rating – PG-13 just on the safe side.
Summary – A new year, and a new beginning.
A/N – This is my first time posting a real story on NS.net (drabble doesn’t count). I personally don’t like this fic that much. But, whatever. Maybe you guys will like it better than I do. And it took me forever to think of a title for it. This is a really short short story.

The study was dark, only the moonlight streamed through the windows. The only sound was the rain outside splattering against the roof. Lex sat behind his desk, nursing a brandy. It was New Year’s Eve, yet another in which he’s spending alone.

The door suddenly slammed open, revealing a very wet Chloe Sullivan. In her hand was a small box. Lex raised an eyebrow. He took off his jacket and walked over to Chloe, placing it on her small shoulders, he asked with curiosity. “What brings you here tonight? I assumed a beautiful woman like you would be out somewhere with a nice date.”
Chloe glared at him, and shoved the box in his hands. “I went to a lot of trouble for this.” She rubbed her hands together to warm her hands. “A present. For a new year, and a new beginning.”
Lex again raised his eyebrow. “You didn’t have to get me anything.” He replied with confusion.
“Oh well.” Chloe said casually. “I thought I’d give you something nice for protecting me.” She smiled at him brightly even though still drenched. “I’m sure you’ll love it once you see what it is.”
Dying of curiosity Lex opened the package. He took out a small clear container and his eyes burned brightly.
“I told you you’ll like it.” Chloe said happily.
Lex pulled her into his arms and held her tightly. “Thank you Chloe.” He whispered. “It’s over Lex, it’s really over.” Chloe whispered back as the clock struck twelve.
Lex cupped her face, “No, it’s just the beginning.” He leaned down and brushed his lips against his.
When they finally pulled apart, Lex brushed a strand of her damp hair way from her face. “Why don’t you go and change out of those wet clothe of yours. I’ll be right there to warm you up.” He suggested seductively.
Chloe smiled brightly at him and walked towards his bedroom. “I’ll be waiting.”
Lex walked toward his desk, placing the container on it. He smiled to himself. The only thing that could make life better right now was if his father retired. He looked at the container for the last time, chuckling to himself, he walked toward his bedroom.

In the moonlight, the container sat on Lex’s desk. The wedding band and diamond ring attached to a feminine finger glistened in the yellow formaldehyde liquid. Life was good indeed, for some people.

autumngold
30th December 2003, 06:17
I kept trying to guess what was in the container and boy was I wrong!! I could see why that present would be perfect! :biggrin: I really liked this story, thanks for the Chlex!! :chlexsign3:

vardaquareien
30th December 2003, 15:02
:evilbat: oooh I lurv evil!Chlex *rubs hands together* I luv the whole concept. Well done!

scifichick774
30th December 2003, 16:28
*arched eyebrow*

Nice, but I would have loved some more back story - like whose finger it was?

tigerbaby
30th December 2003, 17:20
Originally posted by scifichick774@Dec 30 2003, 09:28 AM
*arched eyebrow*

Nice, but I would have loved some more back story - like whose finger it was?
I had the same thoughts as Kris but then I went in for a re-read and considering that Clytemnestra was a lying, deceitful bitch, I am going to stay with the image of Helen's finger. So now we can all celebrate and do the Snoopy happy dance that the Queen of the Bitches is now dead.

Long live the Chlex!!!

Susie Q
30th December 2003, 22:59
I am so on board with that being Helen’s finger. In fact, I’m dreaming up all kinds of wonderful and deranged scenarios that would explain how it ended up in a jar of formaldehyde in Chloe’s possession. Hee. Wonderful job Lu! http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/clap2.gif I loved it. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/CaptainsBigsmiley.gif
And here’s to celebrating and doing the Snoopy happy dance. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/rabbitdance.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/myteddy.gifhttp://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/rabbitdance.gif

Not An Addict
30th December 2003, 23:10
Hmmmmmmm. Let's see here. I'm not entirely sure how Clytemnestra fits in here, but a good story nonetheless. Like Kris said, I'd be interested in some background. How long have Lex and Chloe been involved? Whose finger was that, and why is Lex so happy to receive it? Is the woman dead, or just kidnapped? I'd very much enjoy a continuation/expansion of this. Great job on your first fic here!

hfce
2nd January 2004, 23:21
That was good.

Hope :biggrin:

starmoon
29th April 2005, 04:25
that was great and i realy enjoyed reading it.