PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] 48 Hrs (R) Complete

Queen Of Tact
12th March 2003, 21:43
Title: 48 hours
Author: CC ~Queen Of Tact~
Rating: R, for now.
Email: Queen_Of_Tact@yahoo.com
Summary: Future fic. Lex, and Chloe must call on the only person they know to help find their daughter (first Smallville fic).
Spoilers: None that I know of.
Disclaimer: Believe me when I tell you I don’t own then. I’m only playing with them for a little while.
Distribution: If you want it you can have it, Just please let me know.

48 hours

"Sweetheart are you sure? You know your father and I can cancel and stay home tonight." Chloe asked her daughter.

"Yes, mom I'm sure. You and daddy go have a good time tonight." Alexandra told her mother for the 10th time that night.

"I don't know." Chloe said standing next to her daughter’s bed. "Your still a little warm."

"Mom, I'm felling much better, I promise. Besides Nanny is still here if I need anything." Alexandra tried to convince her mother. "Daddy please tell mom it's ok for you guys to go out tonight?" Alexandra asked her father when see saw him standing in the doorway.

“Sweetie your mom’s just worried about you.” Lex said walking into the room to join is wife by the side of the bed. “But your right Mrs. O’Connor is here if you need anything, so I don’t see the harm in going out just for a little while.”

“Alright.” Chloe said giving in. “But if you start to feel sick again, I want to you call us right away.”

“I promise I’ll call, but I’m probable just going to call it an early night and get some sleep.” Alexandra said to her parents.

“I’ll have my cell phone on if you need anything, and the number to the restaurant is in the kitchen.” Lex said bending down to kiss his daughter and only child on the forehead.

“Night dad. Have a good time, and try not to let mom worry about me all night.” Alexandra whispered to her dad when she kissed him good night.

“Night sweetie.” Chloe said kissing her daughter goodnight. “Call if you need anything.”

“Mom I’m 17 years old I’ll be fine for a couple hours alone, and it’s not like I’ve never had the flu before.” Alexandra said rolling her eyes.

“I know, but I’m your mother Alex and I’m supposed to worry about you so indulge me.” Chloe smiled.
“Darling we better get going or we’re going to be late.” Lex said to his wife.

“Ok, I’m coming.” Chloe said to Lex then turned back to look at her daughter. “I’ll have Mrs. O’Connor check on you later tonight I love you.” Chloe said kissing her daughter on last time before leaving the room.

About 2 hours later a loud noise coming from down stairs woke Alexandra up. She wasn’t fully awake, but she could have sworn she heard a scream. Wanting to make sure everything was all right with Mrs. O’Connor she went down stairs to check on her.

“Nanny is everything ok?” Alexandra called out to the long time family housekeeper. Who was more like a grandmother then anything else to Alexandra. “Nanny?” Alexandra called again when she didn’t get an answer.

Alexandra was starting to get worried she couldn’t find Mrs. O’Connor anywhere, and it felt like there was some one else in the house.

“Come on dad pick up the phone.” Alexandra said doing the only thing she could think of and called her father.

“Lex Luthor” Lex said answering his cell.

“Daddy.” Alexandra said in a shaky voice.

“Alexandra is everything ok?” Lex asked fearing he already knew the answer.

“I can’t find Nanny anywhere. I was sleeping when something woke me up. I thought maybe it was Nanny, but I can’t find her.” Alexandra said growing more insecure by the moment.

“Alexandra stay calm your mom and I are on our way home right now.” Lex said trying to calm his own nerves as he and Chloe made their way out of the restaurant.

“Daddy I’m scared. I think there might be someone else in the house.” Alexandra said trying to hold back her tears.

“Alexandra I want you to listen to me very carefully.” Lex said fearful that his daughter was in danger. “I want you to go back up to your room and lock the door, and stay there till we get there ok?”

“Ok.” Alexandra started to say as someone grabbed her from behind causing her to drop the phone.” DADDY, DADDY!!” Alexandra screamed before her attacker was able to knock her out.

“Alexandra!” Lex yelled into the phone as it went dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes later Lex, and Chloe reached their High-rise apartment to find it surrounded by Metropolis police. Their hearts raced as they ran in to the building only to be stopped by a police officer.

“I’m sorry Sir, but no one is allowed to enter the crime seen.” The officer said not allowing them to pass.

“I don’t give a damn!” Lex yelled. “This is my building and my daughter is up there.”

The officer was about to say comment when the Chief of police stopped him. “It’s alright lieutenant you can let them through.” Chief Higgins commanded the young officer.

“I apologize Mr. And Mrs. Luthor, would you please come with me this way so we can talk.” Chief Higgins said as he led them to a seating area of the lobby. “You might feel more comfortable sitting down.”

“No we’re fine standing.” Chloe said as she held on to Lex for support. “Please just tell us what’s going on.”

“I’m afraid I have some bad news. Around 9:30 tonight your apartment was broken into.” Chief Higgins said closing his eyes for a second. He always hated this part of the job. “I’m sorry to have to tell you that during the brake in your housekeeper Mrs. O’Connor was killed.”

“Oh no.” Chloe gasped feeling her legs starting to become week.

“What about our daughter? Is she ok?” Lex asked fearfully, prying that she was all right.

“We haven’t been able to locate her yet. We believe that she may have taken by the intruder who broke into your apartment.” Chief Higgins said regretfully

“No, not my baby!” Chloe screamed as her legs finely gave out from under her. “Oh god please no.” Chloe sobbed as Lex took his wife into his arms. “Alexander you have to find her. You have to find our baby.”

“Chloe listen to me. I’ll do what ever it takes to bring our daughter back home safely. I promise.” Lex whispered the last part hugging her tightly feeling a deep agony that no parent should have to feel.

“I’ll let you know as soon as we hear anything.” Chief Higgins said as he went back to continue the search then stopped. “I have my best officers looking for her right now. We’ll find her I promise.”

“Thank you.” Lex said not bothering to look up.

An hour later Lex and Chloe were franticly waiting in the penthouse for any word on their daughter.

“Damn it!” Lex yelled. “Why haven’t we heard anything yet? It’s been over an hour already.”

“Mr. Luthor as hard as this might be accept we might not hear anything at all.” A detective working on the case informed him.

“Your right about one thing detective.” Lex said looking coldly at the officer. “I will not accept that ever! And if I were you I would think twice about saying anything negative in front of my wife again, about finding our daughter.
Silence once again filled the room, but it was short lived by a knock at the door. Lex, and Chloe held their breath as on of the officers went to answer the door. Returning a few minutes later with a videotape.

“Chief Higgins this was just delivered down stairs.” The officer said hand the Chief the videotape.

“Mr. Luthor do you have a place where we could watch this?” Chief Higgins asked.

“Yes.” Lex said walking across the room opening a cabinet to revile a TV and VCR. Then joined his wife again while Chief Higgins put the tape in the VCR.

Chloe gasped when her daughter appeared on the TV. The right side of her face was completely bruised from where she had been hit.

“My name is Alexandra Elizabeth Luthor.” Alexandra said trying to hold back her tears. “I am being held for the ransom of 10 Million dollars. If the ransom is not paid in the next 48 hours I will die.”

The video then faded to the out to the next seen. Alexandra was now out side being dragged in the poring rain in only her tank top and boxers.

“No! Please no!” Alexandra screamed trying to fight the man that was dragging her to what looked to be a whole. “I’m begging you please.” Alexandra cried.

“Shut up!” The man hissed as he smacked Alexandra across the face knocking her out. After that he proceeding to put her in to a long wood box (that looked almost like a coffin). Then began to cover it with dirt, after sealing the lid shut.

The masked man then spoke into the camera. “You now have 48 hours to pay me the ransom of 10 million dollars. If you do she will be released into a safe place. If not her air and water supply will run out and she will die.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh god he's going to kill her." Chloe cried after the video was over. "He's going to kill my baby. Oh god!" Chloe began screaming. "What kind of person could do a thing like this?"

"I don't know Chloe." Lex said holding her trying to calm her down. "But I promise I wont let her die."

For the first time in his life Lex Luthor felt helpless. Someone had taken his child from him and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Mean while Alexandra had woken back up to find herself in the coffin.

"Someone help me!" Alexandra screamed as loud as she could while pounding on the coffin above her. "Please help me." Her heart was racing, and it was getting harder for her to breath, as fear and panic began to fill her.

“Ok Alex get yourself together.” Alexandra said taking a deep breath trying to calm herself down. “People know I’m missing, and are bound to be looking for me. So it’s only a matter of time till they find me.”

“I can’t take it anymore!” Lex yelled. “I just can’t sit here and do nothing. She’s my child, and I let some one take her. I should have been her to protect her, and keep her safe.” Lex yelled throwing a glass across the room.

“I promised her I would always keep her safe. That nothing bad would ever happen.” Lex whispered so softly that Chloe barely heard him.

In all the years Chloe has known Lex, she had never seen him like this before. She never thought she would ever see Lex Luthor truly frightened.

“Lex look at me.” Chloe said softly touching his face. “It’s not your fault. You are a wonderful husband and father, and Alex knows that. We’re going to get her back.” Chloe said, as it was her turn to be strong for her husband.

“You’re right.” Lex said looking at his wife giving her hand a light squeeze. “I don’t think I could handle this with out you Chloe.

It had been 10 hours since the video was dropped off, and the police still had no clues to work with, when the doorman delivered a letter that he had received.

“Excuse me Mr. Luthor, but I was told that I was to give this to you directly.”

Lex read the note that simple said, “You have mail”. Lex immediately ran over to his computer and checked his mail. Someone had sent an email to his privet account.

“What is it Lex?” Chloe questioned.

“It’s a web cam link.” Lex said clicking on to the link. Instantly feeling sick by what he saw. His child. His beautiful baby girl. The one thing he could look back on in his life and never question. She was the best thing that had ever happened to him. Other then falling in love and marring Chloe.

His daughter was trying to claw her way out of her prison. Her fingers were raw and bloody. She was yelling for help, she was yelling for her father.

Chloe had never felt so much hatred in her life for a person then she did for the man who was doing this to her child. Animals were treated in better condition then how this man was treating her daughter. And she was going to make sure he paid dearly for this, if that was the last thing she did.

“I want him dead Lex.” Chloe said in a tone Lex had never heard her speak before. “I don’t care how you do it, but I want him to suffer for what he is doing to my child.”

“Chloe trust me when I tell you that this man will never hurt our family again.” Lex said taking Chloe into his arms. “I’ll make sure of it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost 24hours had past since Alexandra had been taken. And they were still no closer and finding her. Lex was staring to worry about his wife. Chloe hadn't said anything since they had seen their daughter on the web camera berried alive, and fighting for her life. He couldn't remember when the last time he had seen her eat anything. Hell he couldn’t even remember when the last time he had eaten anything. And sleep, sleep was something they both would do after their daughter was safe again. Still he hated seeing his wife in so much pain. He wished he could make it how she was when she was still in high school back in Smallville. Back then she was his little snarky coffee addicted reporter. She was a fireball, so full of life. She never let anything stand in her was when she wanted something including Lex. Chloe never backed down from Lex. She challenged him every day to be a better person. Still to this day Chloe had the reporter instinct, drive for knowledge, and truth. She was the one person Lex could never lie to. It was as if she could see in to his soul. Not to mention she would likely kill him if he ever lied to her. Then again after 21 years of marriage there was no wonder she could read him like a glove.
Lex had married Chloe just shortly after her 21st birthday. She was fresh out of college, and she was ready to take on the world. It was no surprise to anyone that she majored in journalism, but Chloe still had a few surprises up her sleeve. She found out she was pregnant when she was 25. She couldn't believe it. They had tried for 4 years to get pregnant with no luck. The doctors couldn't find any reason why, and told them that some time things like this just happen, and that there is always adoption. Chloe had given up hope of ever being a mother, and put all of her energy into work, and her marriage. At 25 Chloe was already at the height of her career, but finding out she was pregnant changed everything. Lex of course was beyond happy. There were no words to express the way he felt. He was going to be a father. Something he had wanted more then anything and he was going to be the best father he could.
Chloe's pregnancy went wonderfully with out any complication till her 8th month when she went into premature labor. Alexandra was only 3lbs when she was born. She soon became the favorite among the nursing staff. She was so little and Alexandra was such a big name for such a little girl, that she soon earned the nickname Alex. Alex had to stay at the hospital for a month, and Chloe and Lex were by her side every day. That was the longest month of their lives. After they brought her home Chloe gave Lex the surprise of her life. She told him she wasn't going to go back to work. That month of not being able to hold her daughter every day was the worst month in her life, and she couldn't bare the thought of being away from her again, if even only for a few hours. Maybe when Alex was ready for school, she would start to do some articles for the paper again, but till then her life was at home with her daughter. By the time Alex was ready for school, Chloe's life was consumed by her family. She was happier then she ever thought she could be. It was funny how life did that to a person. Being a reported was the only thing that used to matter to Chloe. There wasn't a day that went by that Chloe had any regrets. Her family gave her more joy then any article she had written had given her.

dsapiro
13th March 2003, 00:14
Yay, I like this story, glad your posting it.

hfce
13th March 2003, 03:23
I am so glad you brought this over here. So when do we get a new chapter? ;)

Hope :chlexsign2:

Tandy
13th March 2003, 07:24
Oh wow, what a wonderful story! Please update soon!

Tandy

:chlexsign2:

malugargula
13th March 2003, 22:53
Wow... great start...
Please post more soon... I hope this horrible man really suffers from hurting Alexandra
:)
:chlexsign1:

scifichick774
13th March 2003, 23:08
I've already read this part - you need to post more - NOW!

§åß®îNå
15th March 2003, 04:35
This is great! Please post more :)

yay! I feel like im watching a movie!

Queen Of Tact
6th April 2003, 09:17
Ok, I know it's been forever, and I'm sorry. But here is a small (teaser) update for you guys. And I promise that I am still working on it, and will post more as soon as I get a little sleep... CC

With a little less then 24 hours to go Lex knew that there was only one thing left for him to do. He was going to have to ask and old friend of his for help.

Clark was just getting ready to go to work when the phone rang.
“Clark, it’s for you.” Lois yelled from the kitchen.

“Hello.” Clark said picking up the phone is the study.

“Clark, it’s Lex I… I need your help.”

“The almighty Lex Luthor is asking me for help.” Said Clark snidely. “I never thought a Luthor asked for help.”

“I know we’re not exactly friends anymore Clark, but you’re the only one I can trust with this.”

“Trust, I didn’t think you knew what that word was Lex.”

“Damn it Clark! I don’t have time to argue with you about this. It’s Alex Clark. Someone has taken her.”

“I’m sorry Lex, I really am.” Clark said honestly. Thought the two weren’t friends like they had been back in Smallville, Clark knew that Alex was everything to Lex.

“They want 10 million dollars in less then 24 hours or they are going to kill her.” Lex said quietly. “The money doesn’t mean anything to me Clark. I would give them all the money I have if it would bring Alex back home safe.”

“We’ll find her and bring her home Lex. I promise.”

Mean while Chloe was trying everything in her power to trace the link from the web cam, but to no avail. Chloe could feel herself starting to brake. She didn’t know how longer she could take the not knowing, and dead ends. She looked out the window into the cold wet Metropolis morning. Her baby was some were out there. Wet cold, and all alone surrounded by darkness. Calling out for her parents to save her, and Chloe could do nothing to help her.

dsapiro
6th April 2003, 09:48
Finnaly, an update. More soon. :chlexsign2:

hfce
6th April 2003, 15:47
An update more please.

Hope :biggrin:

bluemoongirl23
6th April 2003, 18:30
Wha? Huh? No more? Why are you doing this to me? I haven't done anything wrong. I deserve more of this fic. Plus, I really like how Chloe, even though she is retired, is obviously going to investigate what is going on.

Blue

scifichick774
6th April 2003, 18:57
Bad grrr at the bad guys for putting them through this. Glad you finally got over your writer's block. Please update again soon!

Gemini
6th April 2003, 19:42
Arg! Stoopid evil kidnappers! Grrr...

Update sooooon, okay? I need to find out what happens next!

Queen Of Tact
7th April 2003, 11:03
Here is the next ch. I hope it was worth the wait. I have it started off with the small teaser from last night. I hope you like it.... CC

48 hours ch??

With a little less then 24 hours to go Lex knew that there was only one thing left for him to do. He was going to have to ask and old friend of his for help.

Clark was just getting ready to go to work when the phone rang.
“Clark, it’s for you.” Lois yelled from the kitchen.

“Hello.” Clark said picking up the phone is the study.

“Clark, it’s Lex I… I need your help.”

“The almighty Lex Luthor is asking me for help.” Said Clark snidely. “I never thought a Luthor asked for help.”

“I know we’re not exactly friends anymore Clark, but you’re the only one I can trust with this.”

“Trust, I didn’t think you knew what that word was Lex.”

“Damn it Clark! I don’t have time to argue with you about this. It’s Alex Clark. Someone has taken her.”

“I’m sorry Lex, I really am.” Clark said honestly. Thought the two weren’t friends like they had been back in Smallville, Clark knew that Alex was everything to Lex.

“They want 10 million dollars in less then 24 hours or they are going to kill her.” Lex said quietly. “The money doesn’t mean anything to me Clark. I would give them all the money I have if it would bring Alex back home safe.”

“We’ll find her and bring her home Lex. I promise.”

Mean while Chloe was trying everything in her power to trace the link from the web cam, but to no avail. Chloe could feel herself starting to brake. She didn’t know how longer she could take the not knowing, and dead ends. She looked out the window into the cold wet Metropolis morning. Her baby was some were out there. Wet cold, and all alone surrounded by darkness. Calling out for her parents to save her, and Chloe could do nothing to help her.

Mean while across town in an office in the old warehouse district tension was running high.

“We shouldn’t be doing this! She is just a little girl Steven.” A woman yelled.

“Well, that girl just happens to be the daughter of Lex Luthor.” Steven yelled back.

“Exactly Steven. What makes you think that once he gets his daughter back, he wont stop looking for us?”

“Because Amy by the time he finds his daughter we will be long gone.” Steven said a little to calmly.

“What do you me find her Steven?” Amy question. “You said when we got the money we would let her go.”

“Well, I changed my mind!” Steven yelled. “When we get the money we will send them directions to find her like we told them. But by the time they figure out the directions are bogus we’ll be long gone.”

“That’s murder Steven. She’ll never survive that long with out air, I wont let you kill her.” Amy screamed

Steven was across the room before Amy new what happened, and grabbed her by the neck.

“You will never tell me what I can and can’t do again!” Steven hissed. “You will do what I tell you when I tell you. Is that understood?”

“Yes.” Amy cried. “I’m sorry Steven, please your hurting me.”

“Why do you always have to make me so mad?” Steven said letting her go. “I love you and take care of you and this is the thanks I get. Some bitch that thinks she can mouth off to me.”

“I’m sorry.” Amy cried walking over to him. “I didn’t mean to make you mad. I’m just scared. Please forgive me?”

“I know your scared baby,” Steven said taking Amy in her arms. “I’ll take care of you, like I always do.” Steven said kissing her passionately. Then leading her over to the bed to take care of her like he always did.

Somewhere out side of metropolis Alex was praying that someone would some soon.

“Help me please!” Alex screamed hitting the top of the coffin with her fist. “Please somebody help me.”

Alex was so cold. Her fever was back and was getting worse by the hour. She had been in the coffin for over 24 hours with only water, and no means of relieving herself, other then urinating on herself. Her fingers were raw and bloody from pounding. She just wanted to go home, and be with her parents.

“Mommy, daddy, please I’m so scared. I want to go home.” Alex cried softly, but was snapped out of it when she heard a loud cracking.

Back at the penthouse Chloe was still working on tracing that link. Though still unable to trace it, she did manage to tap in to the feed.

“Lex! Come quickly.” Chloe screamed.

“What?” Lex asked franticly running over to her.

“I think I tapped into the feed.” Chloe said as she tried to clear it up to get a better picture. Soon wishing she hadn’t when a clear picture of Alexandra came up. Not only could they see their daughter, but they could also hear her.

“Mommy, daddy, please I’m so scared. I just want to go home.”

Lex, and Chloe’s heart broke at their daughter cry for help. Their baby was crying for them to save her, and yet they could do nothing to help her. A loud cracking sound sent the rest of their world crashing, as they watch helplessly as mud slowly started to fill the coffin.

scifichick774
7th April 2003, 15:33
Ooh - mud. Mud is bad. And stupid Steven. I just want to crawl into the fic and beat the shit out of him. Please write more soon.

hfce
7th April 2003, 16:32
Oh my God don't let her die. Please she has to stay alive. Please save her.

Hope :(

bluemoongirl23
7th April 2003, 23:18
Ok, that's just plain wrong to stop there! There should be a law against that or somthing. Post soon.

Blue

dsapiro
8th April 2003, 03:35
Stopping? Whats with the stopping? Thats not nice. She's gonna live, right? Right?? More soon!

sabby
8th April 2003, 08:37
WTF????? Are you completely INSANE? How the hell could you stop there? GOD please, please post more like YESTERDAY! I need to know what's going to happen! THe poor little thing, get her out of that darn coffin already or I'll go do it myself! And do not forget to torture that steven guy! Make him crawl and bleed out of his every pore! I want to see him suffer before Chloe gets to kill him!

More soon, pretty please

hugs,
Sabby

Queen Of Tact
15th April 2003, 00:34
Hey guys... Sorry for the lack of updates.. I'm working on the next ch right now, but the thing is I just started a new job this week.. So my hrs are kinda crazy.. I'm working midnights tonight and tomorrow (lucky me), so the new ch wont be posted till wed.. But I promise it will be a good ch....

Thanks for the great feeback...

CC

Gemini
16th April 2003, 00:11
Yay!! We're getting a new chapter soon! This fic breaks by poor heart, but it's that's kinda what I like about it- go figure.

Queen Of Tact
17th April 2003, 10:17
I was hoping to have this a bit longer, but my work schedule had other ideas... I should be able to post more thursday or friday.... CC

Chloe and Lex couldn’t believe what was happening. Mud was slowly feeling their daughter’s coffin. Within the hour it would be completely filled. But there was nothing they could do to stop it without knowing were she was.

Across town Amy slowly untangled she body from Steven, ever so carefully not to wake him up. She knew she had to do something. They was no way she would be able to sit by and watch that poor girl die. How could Steven so something like that? So she did the only thing she could think of, even if she had to pay for it. Amy picked up the phone and dialed a number she knew by heart.

“Hello.” The voice on the other line answer quickly.

“If you want your daughter back alive start looking by the old cemetery about 10 miles south of Metropolis.

“Who is this?” Lex demanded.

“Just do what I told you! She doesn’t have much time left.” Amy stressed.

“Please tell me who you are?” Lex asked trying to keep her talking in order to trace the call.

“I’m so sorry. I never meant for anyone to get hurt.” Amy said hanging up the phone.

“Who were you talking to? Steven asked standing in the doorway?

Amy’s heart was racing. How much had Steven heard? He would kill her for sure if he found out she called the Luthor’s

“I was just ordering some food for us.” Amy said thinking quickly. “I thought you might be hungry when you woke up.”

“Fine.” Steven said walking back out of the room. “Just don’t let it be the crap you got last time.”

Amy took a deep breath as she watched Steven walk away. That had been just to close. Steven would catch her for sure if she pulled another stunt like that, and she just could take a chance like that.

Back at the Penthouse Lex had just hung up the phone with the security company that had been able to trace the call, and was quickly getting a few things together.

“Lex what are you going to do?” Chloe asked as she followed Lex in to their bedroom.

“I’m going to do what I promised.” Lex said as he opened the wall safe and pulled out a gun.

“Lex let the cops handle this please.” Chloe pleaded. “You don’t know what those people are capable of. They already have Alex, I can’t lose you too.”

Lex gentle cupped the side off Chloe’s face. “I promise our family will be safe and together again soon.” With that he softly kissed Chloe’s lips and walked out.

TBC...

Catheryne
17th April 2003, 14:01
Wow. It's an avenging Lex. I can picture Warrior Angel now :) This is a really exciting fic. More soon.

hfce
17th April 2003, 20:05
Oh wow my heart is pounding . This is both scary and exhilirating. Please don't let Lex and his daughter die.

sabby
17th April 2003, 20:33
Uh-oh, I clearly see the Wrath of Lex coming towards the kidnappers. But shouldn't he have told Chloe or the security first, what Amy has told him.

I mean, he is wasting precious time going on the hunt, when his daughter is still not save! He should rather try to find her, then enact vengeance on the bad guys.

Please post more soon

hugs,
Sabby

dsapiro
18th April 2003, 00:45
Wow, is Lex gonna go where she told him, or to where the call came from? Update soon!

Queen Of Tact
18th April 2003, 07:33
Ok her is the next ch.... I hope you like... Thanks for the feedback.... CC

Lex was almost to the warehouse district when he phoned Clark.

“Clark, its Lex I know were they’re at.”

“Don’t do anything stupid Lex.” Clark said knowing full well that if Lex had his mind made up about something there was no stopping him. “I’m on my way just wait for me.”

“I think you know me better then that Clark.” Lex said hanging up the phone.

Lex was just out side the warehouse entrance when he turned off his car. Think that it would be better if he walk the rest of the way. Hoping for the element of surprise. As he approached the warehouse Steven and Amy were staying in he heard talking inside. Looking into the window he saw a young woman who looks to be in her early 20’s. Not much older then his own daughter. However he could not see who she was talking to. Thinking that whoever it might was in the other room Lex decided to go in. Slowly he opened the door, hoping not to alert anyone. Thankfully Amy had her back to him, and he was able to sneak up on her.

“Where is my daughter?” Lex asked as he put his gun to her back.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Amy stammered.

“The hell you don’t!” Lex sneered. “Now I’m going to give you one more try to answer. Where is my daughter?”

“Mr. Luthor please.” Amy cried.

“Now I don’t remember telling you my name.” Lex smirked.

“And I don’t remember you showing up here as part of the deal.” Steven said walking in to the room with his gun pointed at Lex.

“And what deal would that be?” Lex asked.

“All you had to do was pay the money, and then you would have your daughter back.” Steven hissed. But no daddy has to go in pay hero

“I guess you didn’t know that dads are always their daughter’s heroes.” Lex smirked.

“I guess in your case you’re just going to have to fail.” Steven said with his gun still on Lex.”

“Well, I guess if I fail she’s just going to have to fail to.” Lex said with his gun now at Amy’s head.

“Go a head and kill the bitch. She’s only even been trouble to me.” Steven laughed.

“Steven please.” Amy cried. “It’s over. Just let him have is daughter back.”

“You’re right Amy it is over, but only for you.” Steven said shooting Amy in the chest.

Amy gasped as she felt the burn from the bullet enter her chest, as her eyes filled with tears of disbelieve. She could feel herself slipping away as she fell to the grown.

Steven laughed. “Now it’s time for you to die.”

“I don’t think so.” Superman said knocking the gun out of his hands.”

“What the hell!” Steven yelled.

“The game ends now.” Superman said grabbing a hold of Steven.

“That’s what you think Superchump.” Steven said pulling out a small piece of green rock.

Superman dropped to his knees letting go of Steven. Lex tried to shoot him, but he was to fast and ran out the back. Lex went to run after him, but felt Amy grab is leg.

“Not much time.” Amy rasped. “She’s by the angel.”

“Hang on Amy.” Lex said holding her hand. “Help is on the way.”

“To late for me.” Amy said chocking on her own blood.

“Amy stay with me.” Lex said. Despite the fact Amy had helped take his daughter, she had also tried to save her. She was only a kid herself, and didn’t deserve to die this way.
“Sorry.” Amy said taking her last breath.

“There’s nothing more you can do for her now.” Clark said putting his had on Lex shoulder.

“No, but I can still have my daughter.” Lex said standing up. “Forget about Steven for now. Alex doesn’t have much more time. She’s in the old cemetery south of town by the Angel. Hurry Clark, I’ll get Chloe and meet you at Mercy Hospital.”

“She’ll be ok Lex.” Clark said taking off.

TBC...

hfce
18th April 2003, 14:04
Noooooooo You can't end it there. I want more..... please hurry....

Hope :cool:

dsapiro
18th April 2003, 21:04
Shes gonna be OK *breaths sigh of relief* I can't wait to see the reunion!

sabby
18th April 2003, 22:36
:yay3: Oh Thank God! Sad that Amy had to die :( , but I 'm glad that Alex is gonna be ok!

Can't wait to see the reunion at the hospital and I expect Chloe and Lex to take Stephen down and make him pay!

more soon, please

hugs,
Sabby

Queen Of Tact
25th April 2003, 07:03
OMG!!! I'm so happy N-S is back... Here is the next ch.. I hope u like...... CC

ch7

While Lex was driving as fast as he could to get Chloe, and get to the hospital. Superman was racing to save his once best friends only child.
As fast as he could he dug in to the earth to get her out. Only to find by the time he got to her that her coffin was completely filled with mud.

“Come on sweetie breath for me.” Superman said pulling out her lifeless body.

He laid her on the grown and started CPR. After a few quick breaths he saw that she was breathing on her own again. Though she still had to fight for every breath she took. Picking her back up in his arms he raced her to the hospital.

“I need some help.” Superman called out as he entered the hospital.

“What’s wrong with her?” A doctor asked racing over to help.

“She was trapped in a coffin of mud. I’m not sure for how long, but she wasn’t breathing when I found her.” Superman explained. “Her name is Alexandra Luthor.”

“Luthor, as in Lex Luthor?” the stunned doctor asked.

“Yes, this is his daughter.” Superman answered. “Her parents have been informed and are on their way.”

“Thank you Superman.” The doctor said joining the rest of his team as the worked on Alex.

A few minutes later Lex and Chloe came running in.

“My daughter was brought in here a short time ago. How is she?” Lex asked the nurse at the waiting station.

“Sir a doctor will be with you shortly.” The nurse said not even bothering to look up.

“No, the doctor will see me now!” Lex demanded causing the nurse to look up.

“I’m sorry Mr. Luthor I’ll get him for you right away.” The nurse said running to find the doctor.

But before the nurse could return with the doctor Clark found them.

“Chloe, Lex!” Clark called out to them.

“Clark how is she?” Chloe asked her voice filled with panic.

“I think we should go talk some where quiet.” Clark said regretting that he didn’t have better news.

“I don’t want to go some place quiet!” Chloe yelled. “I want to know how my daughter is.”

“Chloe please.” Clark begged. He didn’t have to tell her in a hall filled with strangers, that her only child was dead when he found her, and though the doctors where still working on her it didn’t look good.

“Chloe.” Lex said gently, feeling that something wasn’t right. “Clark is right we should go some place a little quieter.”

“I just want to know about my baby.” Chloe softly cried.
“I know Chloe.” Lex said as he and Clark lead her to a privet waiting room.

Once they got to the room Clark knew he had to tell them.

“When I found her, the coffin was already filled with mud. I don’t know how long she had been like that, but when I got her out she wasn’t breathing.”

Chloe and Lex felt as if their hearts were being ripped out with each word from Clark.

“She was having trouble breathing when I got her here.” Clark continued. “The doctors are doing everything they can. I’m so sorry.”

Sorry, Chloe and Lex didn’t want sorry. They wanted their daughter back, and just when they had her back they were going to lose her again.

It felt like they waited an eternity before the doctor came with news of their daughter.

“Mr. And Mrs. Luthor, My name is Dr Horton. I’m the physician that’s been treating your daughter.”

“How is she?” Lex asked.

“I wish I had better news for you.” The Doctor began to inform them. “When your daughter cam in tonight she had been without air for an unknown amount of time. Right now there is no way of telling what damage that might have caused.”

Chloe and Lex could do nothing more but listen as the doctor advised them of their daughter condition.

“She’s still unable to breath on her own without trouble, so we put her on a machine that will help her to breath. We will know more once she regains conscious.”

“Can we she her?” Chloe asked.

“I will have a nurse show you to her room.” The doctor said leaving to give them a few minutes alone. “Again I’m sorry.”

TBC...

hfce
25th April 2003, 07:15
Oh my God don't let her die please... More now..

Hope :crygreen:

dsapiro
26th April 2003, 01:33
You can't let her die, that just wouldn't be right!

sabby
26th April 2003, 03:18
Damn, this was angsty! I want more, and happy news, now!

hugs,
Sabby

Queen Of Tact
1st May 2003, 08:22
Thanks for the FB... Heres the next ch... Sorry it's another short ch, but I promise I'll have more up soon.. I hope ya like..... CC

Ch 9

The nurse came in a few minutes after the doctor left to take Chloe and Lex to see their daughter. Clark sensing that was something they needed to do alone said his goodbyes.

“I should be head home to Lois and the kids. If you need anything, and I do mean anything call me.”

“Thank you Clark, for everything.” Lex said shacking his hand goodbye.

“Please fallow me.” The nurse said after their goodbyes. “I just want to prepare you before you go in. There are going to be a few machines hooked up to your daughter. The tube in her throat is to help her breath.

Chloe and Lex braced themselves the best they could before going in, but even that wasn’t good enough. Chloe gasped at the sight of Alex. She looked so helpless. It killed her to see her daughter like that.

“She’s so pale Lex. What did they do to my baby?” Chloe said as her finger traced the burse on Alex’s face.

Lex’s stomach turned at the site. Alex looked so vulnerable and tinny lying in the hospital bed. He has always wanted to protect her. To keep her safe from all that evil that was out there. But here she was lying in the hospital bed fighting for her life. What kind of a father was he if he couldn’t even keep is daughter safe?

Seeing the wave of emotions wash over her husband face, Chloe knew what was running through his mind.

“You are a wonderful father Lex, and Alex knows that.”

“How could I let something like this happen to her Chloe? She’s my child I’m supposed to protect her.

“You didn’t know this would happen. Either of us did.

“I’m her father, I’m suppose to know this!” Lex said adamantly.

“You’re not psychic Lex.” Chloe said softly.

“I know, but”

“No buts Lex. Now’s not the time for what ifs.” Chloe said taking his hand. “Right now we need to work on getting her better.”

TBC...

dsapiro
2nd May 2003, 01:52
So angsty, so good! Update soon! :yay:

hfce
2nd May 2003, 01:56
Oh :cry: I feel so bad for them good job.

Hope

scifichick774
2nd May 2003, 03:29
Poor Chloe and Lex. Please let Alex be okay...

sabby
8th May 2003, 02:28
Angsty again? *frowns* I thought this was gonna go into happy mode! Do something about it, and soon!

hugs,
Sabby

Queen Of Tact
28th May 2003, 20:37
I know it's been for ever, but here is the next ch... Sorry I had to make it short, but I had to stop it like this for the next ch....

Thanks to Sabby for looking it over for me..... CC

Ch? I have no clue what ch it is.......

As soon as she was stabilized, Alex was moved to a privet suite. Neither Lex nor Chloe left her side for more then five minutes. Both hoping and praying that she would soon wake up so that their lives could begin again. But as one day became two, and two became three, and three turned into five days, fear was the only thing they knew. The doctor had told them if she didn’t wake up in the first week there was a good chance she wouldn’t wake up at all, and it was now day six. The only good news they had gotten was, she was finally able to breath on her own, and they were able to take the tube helping her out of her throat. Chloe and Lex both sat next to her, neither of them talking, both lost in their own thoughts.

Chloe smiled slightly as she held her daughter’s hand, remembering everything. Remembering her first word, the first time she took a step, her first smile. Chloe almost laughed when she remembered the time Alex started talking about guys. Lex nearly had a heart attack when Alex asked if she could go on a date with a boy from school. After he had regained himself, he had told Alex she couldn’t date until she was at least 45. Alex just smiled and kissed her dad on the cheek, and went to pick out what outfit she would wear on the date. Alex had a way of making her father’s hair turn grey. Thankfully Lex didn’t have to worry about any untimely grey hair. Chloe remembered the one time she had gone out of town without them. Alex had just turned 13 a couple months prior, so Chloe wasn’t as worried to leave her home alone with her father. But what Chloe never counted on, was Alex starting her period for the first time. Poor Lex had no idea what to do. He was the smartest businessman out there, but when it came to that he had no clue. When Chloe came home she found Lex had bought every feminine napkin and tampon product he could get his hands on. She was almost positive Lex would need some counselling after that weekend.

Lex was lost in his own thoughts, too. Alex was a daddy’s girl in every sense of the word, and Lex wouldn’t have it any other way. From the time she was born he’d been wrapped around her finger. No matter what, she always had a smile on her face. She was always so brave. Lex remembered when she was back in the first grade, and broke her arm. Lex had been at work when the school called him. He dropped everything to race to the hospital. When he got there he found her laughing with the nurses. A big smile came over her face when she saw her dad. She told him that she had been a brave girl, and didn’t cry once, even when the doctor gave her a shot. Lex smiled, and called her his brave little girl. He only hoped that he could get his brave little girl back. He would give anything just to see her smile one more time. To hear her say “Don’t worry daddy, I’m ok.”

“Alexandra, mom and dad are right here.” Lex said softly. “Everything is ok, you’re safe now. Please wake up baby.” Lex had been strong for so long he couldn’t hold it back any longer. He buried his face on the pillows next to her head and began to cry. He looked up when he felt someone squeezing his hand.

“Don’t cry daddy.” Alex said in a hoarse voice. “I’m ok.”

Chloe covered Alex with kisses as she cried. “Oh my sweet baby. We’ve been so worried.”

Alex just smiled as her own tears ran down her face. She was back with her parents. She was safe.

“It’s ok baby.” Lex said wiping Alex’s tears away. Mom and Dad are here now your safe.”

“I knew you would find me.” Alex whimpered.

“Shh, sleep now.” Lex smiled. “We can talk after you rest.”

Alex nodded with her eyes closed, drifting back off to sleep

TBC

hfce
29th May 2003, 06:10
Oh I am so glad you updated finally. I am happy she is awake thank God. :)

dsapiro
29th May 2003, 06:12
Thank goodness she is alright! Now they can all be happpy again :yay:

Sab_Luthor
16th October 2003, 23:54
OH PLEASE UPDATE
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD UPDATE
ITS BEEN TOO LONG SINCE THE LAST UPDATE
PRETTY PLEASE UPDATE SOON

YOUR FIC IS WONDERFULL IT MAKE CRY ALL ALONG
I LOVE IT AND I WANT MORE

Queen Of Tact
27th October 2003, 04:23
Ok, I know I know it's been way way too long, and i'm really really really sorry about that.... Here is the next ch... I hope u still like it.... And oh by the way there is only one ch left.... I try to have it up as soon as i can..... CC

Ch (I don't think i know what ch it is anymore.....)

It had been three weeks since Alex had woken up. Though she had been recovering nicely, her memory of the kidnapping and the hours after that hadn’t fully returned. The doctors told Chloe and Lex not to worry; that in some cases it was common to block out traumatic events and that, given time, her memory could fully recover.

“Do I have to use the wheel chair?” Alex asked as she was getting ready to go home. “Can’t I just walk? I really am feeling better.”

“Yes, you have to use the wheel chair.” Lex said as the nurse brought it over to the bed. “I know you're feeling better, but it’s the rule.”

“Fine.” Alex sighed getting into it, and mumbling something under her breath about her father being able to buy off the hospital and changing the stupid rules if he wanted to.

Lex just smirked. Though his daughter wasn’t 100% back yet, it was good to see she still had some fire in her.

The limo ride home had been quiet. Neither Lex nor Chloe wanted to put any undue pressure on Alex by making her talk, knowing that she would talk when she was ready to.

“Welcome home Mr. and Mrs. Luthor.” Mrs. Kelly said, opening the door for them when they got back home. “Ah and you must be Miss Luthor.” Mrs. Kelly said when she saw Alex. “Oh you poor child. You must be tired after the drive home. I’m Mrs. Kelly the new housekeeper, and if you need anything dear you just let me know.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Alex said, not quite sure what to make of the older lady who spoke with a heavy Irish accent.

“Now why don’t you let me take your bag while you settle back in.” Mrs. Kelly said, taking Alex's small suitcase. “I’ll just go put this in your room then make you a cup of hot tea.”

“Well, alrighty then.” Alex said as the older women walked away.

“She is a very nice lady.” Chloe said coming up to her daughter. “I’m sure you’ll like her once you get used to her.”

Alex gave her mom a small smile. She had no doubt that she would like her, but though it had been near a month since Mrs. O’Connor had been murdered it was still fresh for Alex, and seeing a new housekeeper after so many years with her Nanny was hard to stomach. “If you don’t mind I think I will go lay down for a little bit.”

“Go get some rest sweetheart, dad and I will check on you in a little while.” Chloe said, giving her daughter a hug.

“Give her some time Chloe.” Lex said, coming up behind his wife.

“She’s my baby, Lex. It’s my job to worry about her.” Chloe said, turning around. “I just want to see her happy again.”

“She will be, and you and I will be there to help her.” Lex said, pulling Chloe into his arms.

It had been about an hour since Alex had went to lay down, and Lex and Chloe were relaxing comfortably when a loud scream sent them racing upstairs.

“Alexandra what’s wrong.” Lex asked, frantically entering her bedroom to find her sitting up in bed, soaked with tears running down her face.

“It’s ok baby. Mom’s here.” Chloe said, taking Alex into her arms. “Shh you're safe now. It’s only a bad dream.”

Alex sobbed as her mom rocked her in her arms. She could still taste the mud. It might have only been a dream, but it was a dream, no a nightmare she had lived. “I was so scared. It was dark and I couldn’t breathe.” Alex looked up at her parents, her tears still flowing. “I called for help and nobody came, nobody came.”

“I’m so sorry.” Lex said taking her into his arms. “I’m so sorry he hurt you. Alex I want you to look at me.” Lex said gently, then wiped her tears away as she looked at him. “I promise he will never hurt you again.”

“Dad.” Alex said quietly. “Can we get a dog a really, really big dog?”

Lex just smiled. “I’m not sure how Birdie would like that.” Thinking of the family’s elderly cat, that they had found as a kitten outside of the penthouse when Alex was only 2.

“Well, then she can just sleep with you, and the dog can sleep in my room.” Alex said seriously.

“We’ll see, ok?” Lex said, knowing full well that he would get her anything that she asked for.

TBC...

tigerbaby
27th October 2003, 04:41
“Fine.” Alex sighed getting into it, and mumbling something under her breath about her father being able to buy off the hospital and changing the stupid rules if he wanted to.

The little minx! She knows her dad too well!

And while Dominant!Lex is my fave, this sweet, whipped man just makes the heart go ba-bump.

And a late update is better than no update at all!

asharnanae
27th October 2003, 04:54
:biggrin: heartwrenching but wonderful!

hfce
27th October 2003, 06:45
Oh that was so sweet. I am glad you finally updated.

Hope :biggrin:

scifichick774
27th October 2003, 06:59
You updated? Wow. That's not one of the signs of the apocalypse is it? Kind of seems like it should be though. Really moving chapter. Glad Alex is okay and I'd adore another update.

bella_b
27th October 2003, 09:56
Great Story! PussyWhipped!Lex (i'm thinking that is not an appropriate term to use when one is referring to a father/daughter relationship, but you get what i mean..) is adorable! I'm glad alex is back and safe, and life will continue as a beautiful story...until your next update (whenever that may be.. hint hint). i look forward to it!

Queen Of Tact
20th December 2003, 04:14
Thank you to everyone for all of the great FB.... Here it is the last ch..... I hope all of u still like it..... Thanks to Sabby for all your help with this..... CC

Ch? All things must come to an end.

Alex was curled up on the couch with her parents watching a movie when a loud crack of thunder rang out nearly causing her to fall off the couch.

“You're ok sweetie, it’s only a thunder storm.” Chloe said, giving her daughter's hand a reassuring squeeze.

“I know I’m safe now.” Alex said, looking at her parents. “But sometimes a sound or smell makes me feel like I’m still there.” Alex hated not feeling safe anymore, but most of all she hated the guilt she could see in her parent’s eyes. “Hey I feel like some popcorn.” Alex said, jumping up trying to change the subject. “How about you guys?”

“Popcorn sounds good.” Lex answered, knowing that Alex was changing the subject. She was about as subtle as her mom when it came to changing the subject when she didn’t want to talk about something. “Oh and light on the butter this time.”

“Yeah right.” Alex muttered walking into the kitchen. Once safely out of her parents sight she leaned against the wall. “Come on Alex get yourself together. Your safe now mom and dad won’t let anything bad happen.” {But that didn’t stop you from being kidnapped.} A voice in her head spoke up. {They can’t always be there to protect you. Sooner or later they will leave you alone again, and then who will be there to save you?} “Shut up, just shut up.” Alex cried softly as tears trickled down her face.

Meanwhile in the living room.

“Maybe my dad was right.” Chloe spoke quietly. “Perhaps it would be a good idea for Alex to get out of the city for a while. Maybe some time in Smallville will do her some good.”

“As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right.” Lex sighed. “I just thought that us being here for her would be enough, but now I don’t know how I can ever make her feel safe again.”

Back in the kitchen, after composing herself, Alex finished making the popcorn and joined her parents in the living room.

“Popcorn's done.” Alex said, plopping herself on the couch.

“And light on the butter I see.” Lex said, rolling his eyes after taking a handful.

“There is no such thing as light on butter when it comes to popcorn.” Alex laughed.

“I talked to Papa on the phone today.” Chloe said, changing the subject. “He wanted me to ask you if you would think about staying with him and Grandma G for a few weeks this summer.”

Chloe’s dad had remarried a couple years after Chloe had gone off to college, and like any grandparents they loved spending as much time with their only grandchild as possible.

“If I go, do I have to see Grandfather?" Alex asked referring to her dad’s father who was now retired and living in Smallville.

“He’s your grandfather Alex you at least have to stop by and say hello.” Chloe answered.

“But he’s so stuck up.” Alex said wrinkling her nose. “And have you seen the girls he dates? His last girlfriend Bambi, Barbie what ever her name was, she was only a couple years older than me, and might I add Ewwwwwww. I mean where does he find them at 1-800-date a bimbo?”

It took all of Lex's will power not to laugh. His daughter was never to be afraid to say what she thought, even if it was about her own family.

“Alex be nice.” Chloe said, also trying not to laugh.

“Fine, I’ll stop by and say hi, but if he gives one of his I’m a Luthor speeches, I won’t be held accountable for my actions."

“Then it’s settled, I’ll give dad a call in the morning and let him know you're coming.” Chloe smiled.

With the movie over, and all the popcorn gone Alex was fast asleep on the couch.

“She barely made it through half the movie.” Chloe said, looking down at her sleeping daughter.

“I know.” Lex smiled. “And it’s one of her favorites.”

“Well we better wake her up so we can get her to her room.” Chloe sighed. Before they would have let her sleep on the couch, but with Alex still having nightmares it was easier to have her across the hall from them in her own room.

“Let her sleep Chloe, I’ll carry her.” Lex said, picking Alex up.

“Just be careful Alexander you're not as young as you used to be.” Chloe said shaking her head.

“I’ll show you not as young as I used to be when we get to our room.” Lex smirked.

“You have to make it there first.” Chloe laughed.

“Sleeping not dead, can still hear you.” Alex mumbled, half awake in her dad’s arms.

“Hey, I thought you were sleeping.” Lex asked, a little taken back that his daughter had heard him and Chloe talking.

“I was, and will be again once you put me in bed.” Alex murmured.

“Next time I’m leaving you on the couch.” Lex said, laying Alex in bed and kissing her forehead. “Sweet dreams baby girl.”

“Night daddy.” Alex said as she drifted off to sleep.

Alex wasn’t sure what time it was or how long she had been asleep. But she could tell something wasn’t right. She felt as if someone was watching her, she could almost feel his or her eyes burning into her. Keeping her eyes closed not to let whoever it was know she was awake, she tried to think of a way to get out of her room. The only problem was she didn’t know where the person was and her door was on the other side of the room. As soon as she felt hands on her, she knew the person wasn’t going to wait any longer for her to wake up, leaving Alex the only thing she could do. She screamed like her life depended on it. Hitting someone as she kicked her legs out and jumped out of her bed. Only to make it halfway across the room, before she felt someone grab her by her hair and pull her back throwing her onto her bed.

“Not again.” Alex cried, trying to fight her attacker off.

“Shut up!” A man's voice hissed, slapping her across the face.

That voice, she knew that voice. It was the same voice as the man who had taken her.

“No!” Alex screamed, still hitting and kicking.

“I said shut up!” Stephen spat as Chloe and Lex burst into the room.

Chloe screamed, and she and Lex froze when they saw Stephen pull Alex up and put a gun to her head.

“Make one move and your daughter is dead.” Stephen sneered.

"Please just let her go, and you can have the money." Chloe cried.

“You had your chance to do it the easy way, all you had to do was pay the money, but no, you couldn’t do that.” Stephen yelled.

“Don't hurt her, and I'll give you what you want." Lex said, trying to keep his voice steady. “You have my word.”

“Ha.” Stephen laughed. “And we all know how Luthor’s keep their word.”

“My father isn’t a liar.” Alex hissed, trying to pull herself free.

“She doesn’t know you very well does she?” Stephen scoffed. “How about we just tell her what kinda man you are.”

“Just let her go now and I won’t kill you.” Lex all but growled, losing his temper.

“Now is that any way to talk around your daughter.” Stephen asked sarcastically.

““Like your one to be giving advice.” Alex spat.

“Now is that any way for a young lady to act?” Stephen whispered heavily into Alex ear.

“Let me go and I’ll show you how a lady acts.” Alex said, tired of being scared of him.

“Enough!” Stephen yelled. “No more talking. We are going to be doing things my way, and right now we’re all gonna go into the other room.”

Stephen pushed them all into Lex’s office never letting go of Alex.

“Now.” Stephen said to Alex, once they were all in the room. “You’re going to be a good little girl and tie your parents up. And if you try and do anything stupid I’ll kill them.”

Alex made her way slowly over to her parents. “I’m sorry.” Alex whispered as she tied them up.

“It’s not your fault baby” Chloe said, shaking her head.

“Now get back over here.” Stephen yelled.

“Why? So you can tie me up and then kill me?” Alex asked, standing her ground. “Because that’s what you’re going to do isn’t it?”

“I said get over here!” Stephen hissed.

“Go to hell!” Alex screamed. “If your going to kill me why does it matter if I’m standing? Or does it make you feel like a big man having us as all tied up?”

“You better shut up if you know what’s good for you.” Stephen threatened.

“Or what?” Alex challenged. “You’re already going to kill me.”

“I said to shut up!” Stephen yelled, backhanding Alex across the face and sending her crashing to the floor.

That was all Lex could sit by and watch. Breaking free from the ropes that Alex had tied loosely he charged Stephen, knocking them both to the ground sending the gun across the room. Lex punched Stephen in the face, only to be kneed causing him to fall off of Stephen. Both men fighting on the floor, trading punch after punch trying to gain control. Lex was close to the gun and tried to grab it, but Stephen was able to knock it away before Lex could fully grab hold. Trying to get the upper hand, Stephen slammed Lex's head against the floor, causing Lex to lose his hold on him. Once free, Stephen reached for the gun. Lex tried to stop him but it was too late.

“Now it’s time for you to die” Stephen Sneered as he got to his feet aiming the gun at Lex's chest, and cocked it.

Lex closed his eyes when he heard the shot bracing himself for the bullet. When he didn’t feel it hit he opened his eyes to see a shocked look on Stephen’s face just before he hit the ground. Lex brought his eyes back up to see Alex standing behind were Stephen had been. She was holding the gun he had kept hidden in his desk. Getting up he made his way over to her.

“It’s all over.” Lex said calmly. “You can put the gun down now.”

Alex pulled her eyes away from Stephens’s dead body and looked at her dad. Tears began to fill her eyes as she dropped the gun and started to tremble, the realization of everything that happened beginning to set in.

“Everything is going to be ok now.” Lex said holding on to Alex. “I promise.”

3 weeks later.

“Papa I’m going to take Mosley for a walk in town.” Alex called out.

“Ok, have fun sweetie.” Gabe answered.

“I will.” Alex said as she led her new German shepherd, and bodyguard out the door.

When Alex got into town she headed right for the Talon. She remembered it from her last visit, and right now a coffee was sounding very good. After ordering her coffee, Alex found a nice table in the back, and was enjoying the quiet when someone walked up to the table.

“Dogs aren’t allowed in here.” The young guy who could barely be older then her stated.

“I am well aware of that.” Alex said after staring at him for a minute.

“I’m afraid you’re going to have to leave.” The guy insisted.

“I don’t have to do anything.” Alex said raising an eyebrow. “For your information this dog is my bodyguard and can go anywhere I go. I have papers to prove it, now if you don’t mind I would like to finish my coffee in peace.”

“Bodyguard?” The guy smirked. “What do you need a bodyguard for?”

But before Alex could answer, another guy and girl at the looks of it around her age also walked up.

“Eric would you shut up, and leave this poor lady alone.” The other guy said, smacking him in the back of the head.

“Hey what was that for?” Eric asked, rubbing his head.

“For being a pain in my ass.” The guy said, turned and looked at Alex. “I’m sorry if my brother was giving you a hard time.”

“It’s ok.” Alex smiled. “No harm done.”

“Are you new here?” The guy asked. “I don’t think I’ve seen you around town before.”

“No, I’m just visiting my grandparents for the summer.” Alex said, taking another sip of her coffee.

“Same here, by the way my name is Josh, Josh Kent.” Josh said, holding his hand out.

“Nice to meet you.” Alex said, shaking his hand. “Alexandra Luthor, but everyone calls me Alex.”

“Nice to meet you too.” Josh smiled. “You already met my brother Eric, and this our friend, and resident Katie Ross.”

“Hi.” Katie said shaking Alex hand. “But please call me Kate, only my parents call me Katie.”

“I completely understand.” Alex smiled. “So is there anything fun to do in this town?” Alex asked, causing the other three to laugh.

“I wish.” Kate sighed. “The only good thing about this place is the Talon, and my mom owns it.”

“She may own the place, but she can’t make coffee right to save her life.” Eric teased.

“Eric shut up before I kill you.” Kate glared at him.

“Don’t let them fool you.” Josh laughed. “There really boyfriend and girlfriend when they aren’t trying to kill each other.”

“Sounds like true love.” Alex laughed.

“Anyways.” Kate said changing the subject back. “That’s a picture of my mom and dad. I think they were about 17 when the picture was taken,” Kate said pointing to the picture on the wall behind the table.

“My dad’s the tall guy on the other side of her.” Josh said as Alex turned to look. “Our parents go way back.”

“Oh my god.” Alex chocked out when she saw it “That’s my mom and dad with them.”

“You're joking right?” Josh asked.

“No.” Alex said, shaking her head.

“Wait,” Kate said, breaking in. “Your mom is Chloe Sullivan?”

“Yeah.” Alex answered.

“Oh my god this is so cool.” Kate shrieked. “Our moms went to high school together. They used to be best friends.”

“That means your dad is Lex Luthor.” Eric said, catching on slowly.

“Unless you know of any other bald millionairs with the last name of Luthor you would be right.” Alex replied.

“Cool.” Eric said amazed.

This is way past cool.” Kate laughed. “I can’t believe all of our parents used to be friends.”

“Yeah and here I thought it was going to be a boring summer.” Alex snorted.

“I have a feeling it’s going to be far from boring.” Josh smiled.

“I think you're right.” Alex said, smiling back. “I have a feeling this is going to be a summer we'll never forget.”

The End…

hfce
20th December 2003, 04:55
That was a great update. To bad you had to end it there. I would loved to have seen how the parents would deal with their kids being friends. ;)

Hope :clap:

katspell
21st December 2003, 08:51
:cool: way cool. I loved it. Nice complete ending. I love the idea of the next generation getting together... the stories that could be told. :wub:

scifichick774
21st December 2003, 16:41
Aww. Great ending. And I think it was totally appropriate for Alex to be the one that shot Stephen. Good job.

darkangel
31st July 2005, 07:54
:D
:grin3:
This is such a sweet story.

BellaMR
30th August 2005, 22:53
This was a fantastic story. I was so worried that Alex was going to die in the hospital. Somehow it seemed like a big circle; when Alex was born she was on a ventilator (I'm assuming this since most premies have trouble breathing) and she would die with one later on.

I'm much happier with the circle you created instead: Alex hanging with Clark and Pete's kids. Great job.

SinnerSaint
31st August 2005, 05:50
Cool fic. I am glad it had a happy ending. It is neat that all the kids at the end were related to the original Smallville crew.

kirt30
11th September 2005, 00:31
lovely story

starmoon
2nd December 2005, 18:49
i love the story and the ending brought a huge smile to my face.

kimmie
26th December 2005, 02:18
Fantastic fic, i can't believe i haven't read it before!!! What was i thinking??? Always knew i was a bit on the dumb side!!! Loved the ending, the way all of the kids met in the Talon... really sweet!!!

Kimmie

~*~Tasha~*~
3rd May 2008, 06:25
Nicely done. I really liked the bit at the end with all of the kids. That was pretty cool. {grins}