PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Curbside Pickup (PG-13)

sydsvaughn
12th March 2003, 08:34
Okay, updating this post to give this story a category. (New chapter is several posts below!)

Category: Romance

~*~*~**~*~
Title: Curbside Pickup
Rating: PG-13 (will get higher though)
Pairing: Chlex
Spoilers: Futureish (senior year for the gang) No real spoilers
Summary: Lex gets more than he bargained for when he finds Chloe stranded on the side of the road

Disclaimer: Not mine. No characters are, I'm just borrowing them for fun!

~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 1

Chloe Sullivan breathed deeply of the night air, enjoying the warm breeze that still blew across her skin, even though the hour was late. Somehow, the twinkling lights of Smallville seemed hypnotic from her perch on the hill high above it. It really was a beautiful town, although the last thing she'd imagined doing on the night of her Senior Prom was admiring it from afar.

In another life, she would happily be on Clark's arm, his cherished and adored girlfriend, the king and queen of the prom. She would be wrapped in his arms, held tightly against his muscled body as they danced into the wee hours of the morning, lost in each other's eyes. Lana and Pete would have happily been accompanying them through dancing and then a late night snack at the Talon. Her father would be ecstatic, Clark's parents happy and all would be right with the world.

In another life.

But in this one, she found herself alone, no date for the Prom, having to live with the knowledge that this year, Clark had taken his girlfriend Lana. She wouldn't kid anyone and say it didn't hurt to see her best friend fawning all over the girl he'd been obsessed with for years. It hurt more because she knew, somewhere inside, that if Lana hadn't ever existed, she would have had a chance with Clark. But ever since the two had gotten together, she'd forced herself to try and get over her childhood infatuation with the boy she could never have. It wasn't easy and there were times she wanted to break down and cry out her fears and frustrations, but she'd stayed strong. And slowly, slowly the pain had begun to fade and she'd begun to realize that her destiny lay apart from Clark's.

But knowing that and accepting it were two different things. And she'd been doing so well this year. She'd managed to hide her hurt as Clark, Lana and Pete talked about Prom and what they would do. She, of course, had been included, they'd even tried to find her a date, but in the end, she'd begged off. Over their objections, she'd managed to convince them that she really didn't see why Prom was such a big deal. Instead, she'd told them she had arranged to spend the weekend with Lois in Metropolis.

She had to give herself credit, it was a great acting job. She'd almost convinced herself that her friends could see through her act, but then had bitterly realized that they were more relieved than anything. They didn't have to worry about Chloe being a fifth wheel at Prom. It hurt, but she could handle it. After all, she had always been the odd one out in the group, no matter how close she and Clark seemed.

In all fairness, she had made a half-hearted attempt to see if Lois would be around that weekend, only to be told that Lois was "entertaining" her latest boyfriend and really didn't want company at her apartment. Accepting defeat, she'd kept up the farce, refusing to let her friends know she now officially had no plans and nothing to do on Prom night. She'd even been conned into buying a stylish new dress by Lana, who had assured her that she needed something new for a "night out" in Metropolis.

She hadn't had the heart to refuse … which was why she now found herself dressed in the clingy blue strapless number that hugged curves most people were probably not aware she had. She'd smiled wryly looking in the mirror earlier, knowing that people might be surprised to see that Chloe Sullivan was not such a little girl anymore. In fact, she looked like a sophisticated young woman with her hair swept into a loose twist and the diamond pendant her father had given her sparkling at her neck.

All dressed up and nowhere to go.

She sighed morosely as she leaned back against the hood of her car. She'd had to get out of Smallville, knowing the last thing she needed was someone to see her and realize her Metropolis plans were a bust. She'd figured she'd drive into the city anyhow, get a room at one of the hotels and spend the weekend moping in front of satellite TV. Her father believed she was spending the weekend with Lois and she saw no reason to tell him otherwise. Besides, the farther away from Smallville she was, the less she'd have to deal with the sight of her friends having a wonderful time without her.

Some strange urge had made her put the dress on and do her makeup before leaving, although what she couldn't name. Everything had gone to plan until she'd reached the top of the hill several miles out of town and her car had suddenly sputtered to a stop. Several attempts later, she realized it was hopeless and that she was going nowhere for the moment. She bitterly realized she'd have to call a tow truck. So much for her dignified escape from Smallville.

Unfortunately, her cell phone refused to work and several frustrated attempts later she threw the phone to the ground. Stomping her foot, wincing at the pain the high heels she wore caused at the motion, she turned to look back over the town. It wasn't that far, she could probably walk… but not in heels.

Which meant she was stuck on the side of the road until someone came along to help. She could only hope it wasn't a rapist or mugger. She'd seen too many horror films to not know what happened to stranded young women alone on the highway.

At least the night was warm and there was very little chance of being accosted by a criminal on these roads. Now a meteor freak was something else. She shivered at the thought of some of the things and people she'd seen over the past few years.

Sighing, she closed her eyes and decided to examine her life now that there was nothing but the open air to distract her. She wondered how she'd gotten to the point she was lying to her friends about almost everything. She hated the awkwardness that was now between her and Clark, and the unspoken guilt she knew Lana felt at being unable to control her own feelings for Clark. Sadly, she'd rather spend time apart from them than try to deal with the tension in their presence. She could only thank whomever for the fact that she had been accepted to Metropolis University and planned to start with summer classes. Anything to get out of Smallville and away from her past.

It was sad to suddenly feel like an unwelcome visitor in the place she called home. Although to be honest, she'd never really felt she fit in. No matter how you tried, she figured it was harder than most thought to take the Metropolis out of a girl.

Her ears suddenly perked up at the sound of an engine in the distance. Saying a quick prayer that urban legends stayed just that, she moved to the side of the road and waited for the car to appear. She debated for a moment whether she should try the "show a little leg" trick that seemed to work so well in the movies. Then again, there was always the possibility the movies never examined, that the oncoming car could simply run over the outstretched leg. Deciding it was better to be safe than sorry she settled for the tried and true distress call for one stranded on the side of the road. She began waving her arms and yelling "stop!" as a pair of headlights came into view. A sigh of relief emerged from her throat as the lights slowed and the car slid to a stop in front of her.

She closed her eyes as she realized that only one person in Smallville would be driving the state of the art vehicle now stopped next to her. It figured.

"Chloe?"

"Hey Lex, feel like playing hero tonight?"

She knew it was cheesy, but it seemed to fit the moment. She unconsciously held her breath as his tall figure emerged from the car. Her breathing stopped as she took in the fact that Lex was wearing a dark suit that framed his broad shoulders to near perfection. The soft glare of the headlights gave him an almost supernatural aura, his dark eyes piercing through the blackness of the night into her own, his bald head reflective in the headlight's glow. He was overpoweringly masculine as he stared at her and she suddenly felt herself the true hopeless female. She also found herself wondering when Lex had become so attractive.

"Chloe, what happened? Are you okay?"

She forced back sudden tears as she heard the true concern in his voice. It was something she hadn't heard from any of her so called friends in months, and it was a welcome sound. But she couldn't break down, not in front of Lex at least. She had to be strong.

"My car kind of stalled. I can't get it to start and my cell phone is dead here. So, can you give me a ride?"

She bit her lip unconsciously as she saw him studying her form, feeling a not unpleasant shiver run down her spine as his gaze traveled her body.

"Of course. And where might I ask are we going?"

She sighed, realizing there was no way he'd take her to Metropolis, but knowing she couldn't go home. She truly had nowhere to go now and the thought was depressing.

"Chloe, it's not brain surgery."

She remained quiet, knowing Lex needed an answer, but too conflicted to decide. She didn't want to go home and face her father and her friends, but where else could she go?

"Okay, I'm going to assume from your outfit you were either on your way to a hot date in Metropolis, on your way back to a hot date in Smallville, or simply looking for a hot date by dressing up like a knockout and hoping a handsome stranger would rescue you from the side of the road."

Chloe couldn't help but laugh at his final option. Although she had to admit, she'd pretty much accomplished the "handsome stranger" rescuing her scenario, only without the stranger. Still, she figured he deserved the truth.

"Wrong on all counts. I was actually headed to Metropolis to wallow in self pity while the rest of my friends enjoyed their Senior Prom."

She sighed at the confused look Lex gave her.

"You were headed to Metropolis to wallow in self pity dressed to the nines? Interesting form of self-pity Chloe."

She smiled at the light amusement in his voice, realizing she suddenly felt a bit better.

"I had to tell them something so they wouldn't think I was sitting at home on Prom night, pitying myself."

Lex's laughter sent another pleasant tingle down her spine.

"Well, I'll say one thing for you Chloe Sullivan, you know how to indulge in self-pity. Very prettily I might add."

She felt a blush rise to her cheeks at Lex's compliment. Looking over at his amused face she couldn't help but smile in return. She already felt better.

"Thanks Lex, I knew I could count on you to understand. Now tell me, why are you so dressed up? Hot date in Smallville yourself?"

His laughter seemed to warm some part of her she hadn't even realized had been cold.

"Actually, I'm headed home after a meeting from hell with my father. And all meetings with Lionel Luthor are in full business dress."

She smiled and leaned against the front of his car, eyeing him the way he'd eyed her earlier.

"Well, allow me to say full business dress looks good on you Lex. Not that most everything doesn't."

She muttered the last words, but she suspected he'd caught them if the amused twitch of his lips was anything to go by.

"Well then, since you have no place to go, and I happen to be free, how about I take you to a fabulous dinner and make you forget about your high school prom night from hell?"

She felt her heart begin to pound at the look in his eyes and at the thought of having dinner with Lex Luthor. Not that she hadn't been around him before, their verbal judo had become the highlight of her week lately. But there was something different tonight. A tingle in the air of a mutual, if unacknowledged attraction. It was different than anything she'd ever felt around Clark. And she suddenly realized she liked the feeling.

"Lead on my self appointed, if somewhat tarnished white knight."

She smiled again at his laughter as he moved around the car to open the door for her. She caught a whiff of the scent that was uniquely Lex and it sent another delightful tingle down her spine. She unconsciously allowed her body to brush against his as she slid past him and into the driver's seat. As she turned to look at him as he shut the door, she thought she caught a flash of something heated in those dark eyes. It sent a wave of what she could only call desire through her body.

Something told her it was going to be a much better night than she'd planned.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex found his gaze kept returning to the young woman seated next to him in the close confines of his Porsche. He nearly hadn't recognized her until he'd brought the car to a complete stop and found himself gazing into her familiar eyes. It had still taken him a moment to reconcile the image he had of Chloe Sullivan, Smallville's ace reporter, Clark's best friend, with the beautiful young woman flagging his car down from the side of the road.

He'd known for sure that it was Chloe when he'd heard her soft drawl as she didn't even bother to wait for him to get completely out of the car. Pushing his surprise down, he'd managed to get out of her what she was doing there, trying not to let his gaze become a leer as he noted the way the blue dress hugged her curves and brought out the rose in her complexion. This was definitely a Chloe Sullivan he hadn't expected to see and he had suddenly found himself with an insane desire to know her better.

That desire was what had prompted him to invite her to dinner. He wasn't accustomed to hanging out with Clark's high school friends. But somehow, tonight, he'd sensed something kindred in Chloe. Something that told him that no matter who her friends were, she still felt alone and almost an outsider in this small town. Not unlike the way he felt most of the time when he was not with Clark or the Kents'.

Then there was the fact that Lex Luthor was definitely not adverse to spending an evening with a beautiful woman. And in Chloe's case, a beautiful woman who could hold her own with him. He was surprised to admit he found their frequent bouts of verbal judo during his numerous stops in the Talon exhilarating. He found it extremely refreshing that she argued instead of agreed with him, like most everyone he knew did. He liked the fact that she didn't seem impressed with his name or who he was. At times, it was a little frustrating to be honest. But still, she held a hidden fascination he hadn't wanted to admit until this moment.

He smiled to himself as he wondered when she would realize they were headed for his home instead of a restaurant. He'd meant it when he'd said he wanted to take her to dinner. He just hadn't mentioned the dinner would be at his home, specifically prepared by his personal chef. A quick call that Chloe had assumed were to make reservations had taken care of the matter and he knew things would be ready when they arrived.

He refused to acknowledge the spark of desire he felt at the knowledge he would be alone with Chloe in his home. But he prided himself on his control and he was pretty sure that no matter how attractive he found this slip of a girl, he wouldn't act on that attraction. Even though she was technically of age at 18. He forced his mind to put those thoughts out of his head as he turned down the road to what Clark referred to as his "castle" and saw Chloe sit up a little straighter in her seat.

"Umm, Lex, why are we headed for your castle?"

He smiled at her reference to his home and at the slight unease in her voice as he pulled up to the gates and punched the button to open them.

"I told you I'd take you to dinner and dinner it will be. My personal chef happens to be preparing it, if that's okay with you?"

He couldn’t help but feel relief as after a moment of hesitation, she smiled at him.

"Well, I suppose I'm grateful. If we'd gone somewhere in Smallville, my cover would have been blown. Not to mention your reputation."

He felt a slight touch of hurt that she thought he'd be concerned about being seen with her in public. But then, he sometimes forgot who he was, especially around the blonde spitfire.

"Heaven forbid my reputation be ruined."

His dry reply earned a laugh from her as he pulled to a stop in the driveway. He quickly jumped from the car and walked around to the passenger side, pleased that she remained in her seat until he opened the door for her. Ever the gentleman, he offered her a hand as she made to rise from her seat.

He jumped at the electric tingle that ran up his arm as their palms touched. He could see she felt it as well as her all too expressive eyes flew to his. For a moment, he lost himself in her gaze and the tingling sensation in his arm. Without realizing it, his fingers twined with hers as he pulled her gently from the car. He felt a rush of pleasure as she didn't try to pull away, but instead tightened her grip on his palm and smiled up at him as he shut the door and led her inside.

This night was definitely shaping up to be better than he'd planned.

~*~*~*~*~

More to come soon!

Queen Of Tact
12th March 2003, 09:33
Oh I like I like... this looks like a chlexy goodness story... Please post again soon...

CC

crazygirl
12th March 2003, 15:11
More please, please, please. :chlexsign1: *pretty please with whipped cream on the top*

AlwaysPretending
12th March 2003, 23:54
This was a great beginning. Poor Chloe, she seems to have gotten a raw deal from Pete, Clark and Lana. But I'm sure that Lex will lift her spirits ;)

Kerry

Tandy
13th March 2003, 00:34
What an amazing start! Sounds like it's going to be a great fic. Please post more soon!

Tandy :chlexsign3:

dsapiro
13th March 2003, 00:46
That was a really good begining. More soon please. :chlexsign2:

Sway
13th March 2003, 04:40
loving this story!!! you *have* to update soon.

malugargula
13th March 2003, 07:59
Greeeeeat start...
Please post more soon... I'm really anxious to know what will happen in their night...
:chlexsign1:
Malu

sydsvaughn
13th March 2003, 08:08
Chapter 2

~*~*~*~*~*

Chloe refused to examine why her hand was still entwined with Lex's as they entered the mansion he called home. She hadn't been surprised when he'd offered it to help her from the car, after all in most cases, Lex was a gentleman. What had surprised her was the electric tingle that shot up her arm and through her body as their hands touched. It wasn't so much a shock as it was a pleasurable sensation that was fast spreading through her body.

Getting ready to enter his "castle" … which didn't exactly contain great memories for her… was also making her a little unsure. Which must be why she was still holding tightly onto his hand. Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that she liked the feeling of his warm skin against hers. Not a thing.

Of course, he hadn't yet made a move to pull away, so he must not be adverse to the sensation either. She wondered if the great Lex Luthor even realized he was engaged in a very public display of hand-holding. Not that there was anyone but the servants to see.

And Lex wasn't a man to do anything he didn't want to, as she well knew. Which probably said more than anything.

She gave herself a mental whack as she realized she sounded like she was back in junior high, analyzing her latest crush. Which more often than not had happened to be Clark. But this was Lex, Clark's good friend and her somewhat less good friend. Her very handsome, brooding and looking more and more like she wanted him to be a more than good friend in the dim light of the mansion's halls.

"You're quiet Chloe, something on your mind?"

She knew she blushed at his amused words, and could only hope he didn't notice in the dim lighting. She really, really didn't want to try and judo with him over what she was thinking at the moment.

"No, just absorbing the surroundings. Surprisingly, I don't feel any bad vibes from my previous visits here."

She had no idea where she found a coherent sentence in the morass of her confusing emotions, but obviously he understood.

"I'm glad. I don't want you to be frightened by being in my home. I intend to make sure you are always safe here. I won't be caught by surprise again."

The simple, heartfelt words, and their steely undertone conveyed more than he could say, and she knew it. They meant more than he would ever know. But she figured it was time to lighten things up again.

"That's okay, I'm still trying to accept the fact that my white knight lives in a castle… befitting his rescued damsel of course."

The sound of his low laughter sent a flush of desire that she really shouldn't be feeling over her body. There was something extremely sensual about the way his lips curved as he laughed, giving his normally serious face a wickedly charming expression. And she had to fight back the sudden urge to trail her fingers over his scalp, absorbing the texture and warmth of the gleaming skin as she watched his eyes darken with desire.

She came back to herself with a start. What the hell was she thinking? Since when had brooding bald billionaires done anything for her?

Since now, obviously.

"Well, every white knight needs a place… and a fair lady to escape his responsibilities with. Want to join me in my fantasy for a bit?"

She started at his words, sure he couldn't have meant them the way they sounded. A quick look in his eyes showed amusement, and perhaps a spark of something more. It sent another tingle down her spine and only strengthened her determination to try and put all thoughts of Lex and fantasies from her head.

Smiling, she nodded and let him tug on their still linked hands as she followed him into his study. Now this was familiar territory. And surprisingly, there were no bad memories, or thoughts of falling here. The warm fire looked extremely inviting and she quickly made her way over to it. She tried not to think about the sense of loss she suddenly felt at losing his warm grip. The welcoming warmth of the flames however soon had her feeling a bit better.

"Something to drink?"

Chloe turned back to him with a smile, feeling a little more daring now that she wasn't so close to him. She wondered if he'd actually humor her tonight. She figured it was worth a try.

"Whatever you're having."

She smiled at the way his eyebrow quirked.

"You're sure? I don't want it said that Lex Luthor corrupts young women. Unless they ask nicely."

She smiled in amusement even as her heart skipped a beat at the image his teasing words invoked.

"Lex, I'm not the innocent Chloe everyone seems to think. Trust me, there's not much anyone could do to corrupt me."

She hadn't meant it to be a challenge, but as she saw his lips twist up into an amused grin and his eyebrow once again rise, she realized he'd taken it as one. Upon closer inspection, maybe some part of her subconscious had wanted him too.

"Fascinating Miss Sullivan. I look forward to finding out exactly what it is that has made you so … uncorruptable. I find most people have at least one vice. The fun is in discovering… and then indulging in it."

She shivered at the intent in his words, eyes locked on his in a round of silent judo. She breathed a sigh of relief as he suddenly turned and walked over to the bar and after a few moments, pulled out a bottle of wine.

"Ah, one of our own specially bottled vintages. I think you'll enjoy it. You do like wine?"

Chloe simply nodded, watching the way the flickering firelight gave his skin a pearly glow while his elegant hands skillfully pulled out two wine glasses. For some reason, she became fascinated by the way his hands slid around the wine bottle as he worked the cork lose. His long fingers almost seemed to caress the neck of the bottle as he twisted it back and forth until the cork emerged with a low pop. She wondered if his hands would be as gentle against her neck, stroking and caressing the skin with the care he showed the wine bottle.

The image suddenly brought her back to the present and she had to stifle a gasp at the warmth she could feel gathering between her thighs at the thought of Lex's hands anywhere on her body.

This was not good.

Innuendo and challenges were all well and good when engaging in verbal judo … but when she actually found herself fantasizing about carrying through on the taunts … things were getting way out of hand. What scared her more was that she was afraid things had already gotten there. Forcing her conflicting emotions down, she managed a smile as he came towards her.

"Now drink this slowly Chloe. Savor the taste. Let it seep into your taste buds before the flavor explodes on your tongue."

She swallowed hard, hoping her hands didn't tremble as she took the glass and let his sensual words wash over her body.

What had she gotten herself into … and more importantly … why didn't she want to get herself out?

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex knew he was teasing her … letting things get more and more out of control … but he couldn't seem to stop. There was just something irresistible about the way she looked standing there, the firelight painting rosy patterns across the peach skin bared by the spaghetti straps of her dress, her eyes dark pools of mystery as she gazed at him in fascination.

There was no doubt about it, Chloe Sullivan was definitely not the young girl he'd persisted in seeing her as for the past few years. This was a young woman standing before him, who could hold her own against him in both word and deed. And for the first time ever, he found himself well and truly fascinated by a woman.

It was a disturbing realization. One he was not sure he was entirely comfortable with. But at the same time, he found himself irresistibly drawn to her, like the proverbial moth to the flame. Not to mention he was finding himself getting aroused at the definite sensual slant their verbal judo had taken so far this evening. And being the risk taker he was, he found himself fascinated with pushing things to see just how far they could go.

The easiest way he knew to do that with this woman was through words. Actions would follow, but only if he won the war of words. There was something to be said for sensual verbal judo. And from her reaction to his direction on how to savor her wine, he was already ahead in this battle.

He watched her closely as she did as directed and took a small sip of the wine. He found his heart pounding a little faster as her eyes fluttered closed and he could sense her savoring the flavor. He knew the exact instant the full taste hit her by the way her eyes flew open in wide surprise as she swallowed reflexively. What he hadn't expected was her soft moan. The sensual sound sent what felt like a bolt of electricity through his body and straight to his groin.

"Wow. How come no one ever explained to me that this was the way to drink wine?"

He had to stifle a groan at the look of bliss that crossed her face as she fully opened her eyes to stare dreamily into his.

"The flavor, it's exquisite. I can't quite make out what it is, something fruity but not too sweet. But the taste, it's like liquid heaven. You're sure you didn't put something else in this?"

He couldn't help but laugh at her words, even as he fought his rising desire. His mind was conjuring up a very different image of "liquid heaven" at the moment and he was sure she wouldn't exactly appreciate it.

Not yet at least.

"You wound me Chloe. I don't need artificial stimulants to show a woman a good time. The Luthor charm usually works just fine. I've often been told I'm irresistible."

He laughed as she raised an eyebrow at him.

"And I don't suppose a good bottle of wine helps."

He shrugged his shoulders and gave her a sensual smile as he raised his own glass to his lips.

"It doesn't hurt."

Her soft laughter sent a shiver down his spine. His breathing slowed as he watched her full lips purse as she lifted her glass to her lips and took another sip. As she closed her eyes and savored the taste, he knew he was headed down a slippery slope at an almost out of control pace as he heard her emit another satisfied moan.

He took a huge gulp from his glass, trying to remain calm. Not an easy task when he suddenly found himself wanting nothing more than to lean over and taste the wine on her lips. He almost gave into temptation and turned his fantasy into reality. But even as he leaned forward, he found himself pulling back. The anticipation had only begun to build and he realized he was not quite ready to end it yet.

Lex Luthor always enjoyed a challenge, and he had a feeling Chloe Sullivan would prove to be his greatest. He could only hope she wouldn't prove his downfall in the process. Although he had to admit, there were worse ways to go. He was saved from the intensity of the moment by a throat being cleared.

"Dinner is served, sir."

He turned and nodded to his butler.

"Thank you, we'll be right there."

He smiled seductively as he once again held out his hand to Chloe. He tried not to think about how tempting she looked as she bit her lip before reaching to take his hand. He wasn't surprised at the jolt of skin meeting skin. What surprised him was that it was even stronger than it had been earlier. The surprise in her eyes told him she'd noticed the same thing. With another smile, he led her unresistingly from the room.

Oh yes, the games had just begun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So.. how'm I doing so far?

Queen Of Tact
13th March 2003, 08:21
Oh that was a great ch... Full of yummy chlexy goodness... I can't wait to read more....

CC

Tandy
13th March 2003, 08:59
Oh, another chapter so soon! I love you! :blinkkiss:

Please please post more soon!

Not An Addict
13th March 2003, 10:59
Mmmm . . . wine tasting . . . Lex . . . *mind starts on slippery slope down into the gutter*

Fabulous chapter. Now, to quote another Lex--let the games begin. :blinkkiss:

:chlexsign3:

Sunflow
13th March 2003, 15:49
*hopes that there's going to be chocolate cake involved*

I love the story! You're great in describing Chloe's (and Lex's) feelings, please post more soon!

Sunflow

petriebird18
13th March 2003, 16:39
Yay! Mmmmm, i can't wait to find out what happens durring dinner ;) Hope you post the next part soon!
~Deidre~

sydsvaughn
16th March 2003, 01:36
Chapter 3

(Rating is now a STRONG PG-13)

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe smiled as Lex led her not into the dining room, but the solarium. To her delight a table for two had been set up in the center of the room. A huge bouquet of lilies, lilacs and white roses served as a centerpiece, highlighting the bone colored china and the sparkling silver of the place settings. Candles scattered around the room gave off a romantic glow and the soft jazz playing in the background was the perfect accompaniment. But the crowning achievement was the way the huge full length windows, cracked slightly to allow the fresh night air into the room, gave way to a beautiful view of the starlit night sky. Overall, it was a pretty overwhelming first impression.

"Wow, you do this for all your dinner guests?"

She felt another of those delicious shivers go down her spine at his low laugh and the way his hand tightened on hers.

"Consider yourself one of the privileged few."

She couldn't help but laugh at his words.

"Oh, I'm shaking in my shoes at being considered one of Lex Luthor's "privileged few." Although I'm sure there are quite a few other more interesting names than mine on that list."

"But none that rate a full blown candlelight dinner on a little more than a half-hours notice."

She couldn't help but blush at the words, not to mention the way his thumb rubbed gently against her palm as he led her to one of the chairs. She smiled as he settled her into it, absently noting the way the candlelight painted his features in a mysterious, yet attractive glow. She came back to the present with a gasp as he raised her hand to his lips and placed a lingering kiss against the now hyper-sensitized skin. His lips seemed to burn where they touched her skin and she found her heart beginning to pound in double time. She remained silent unsure she could even form words as he smiled seductively before letting her hand go and moving to take the chair opposite her.

"I hope you like salmon. My chef had it brought in from Metropolis and he prepares it better than most restaurants I've eaten in."

Chloe shook herself mentally, realizing she could play it just as cool as he. She had a feeling he was just as surprised by whatever it was that seemed to be growing between them, but he'd had years of learning to hide his emotions.

"It sounds wonderful. Although you didn't have to go to all this trouble you know. I would have been happy eating hamburgers and sitting by the fire."

She caught her breath at the heated look he gave her as he reached for the bottle of white wine chilling next to the table.

"A Luthor never goes about anything half-way. And more importantly I couldn't let a beautiful dress like that go to waste on a hamburger. Besides, true beauty should be appreciated, savored like a fine wine. And I pride myself on knowing true beauty when I see it, wine or otherwise."

She swallowed hard at his words as she realized he'd just told her she was beautiful. Lex Luthor thought she was beautiful. It was enough to make her palms sweat and her heart pound. The gleam in his eye told her he sensed her arousal and his wink as he poured the wine confirmed it.

"Chloe Sullivan without a witty comeback? I'm flattered."

She blushed at his low words, drawing on reserves she didn't know she had to push down the desire long enough to come up with a witty answer. She was aided for the moment by the appearance of a uniformed man carrying two steaming plates. Thanking him quietly as he set her plate down, she watched as Lex spoke to the man in a low voice. Her eyes traced a path from the top of his head over his face and across his chest. She admired again how the suit he wore accentuated his broad shoulders and tapered waist. Wondered how all those muscles might feel pressed against her naked flesh as she arched underneath him.

The thought startled her so much she had to quickly reach for her wine, taking a long gulp to try and soothe her nerves. She really, really needed to stop thinking about how sexy Lex looked sitting across from her with that sensual smile. Or what other things he might do with those sensual lips that could make her speechless. She blushed at the image that suddenly bombarded her of his lips locked with hers. It was quickly followed by the image of her lips running over that strong collarbone, delighting in the taste and texture she knew would be uniquely Lex. When she finally managed to drag her thoughts out of her sensual fantasy, she braved a glance at him. She suddenly found it difficult to breathe at the heated, knowing look in his eyes.

Lord, when had she been this attracted to anyone? She'd certainly never felt this sensual awareness, this need to lose herself in a fiery kiss with Clark. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she realized she'd never felt anything like what she was beginning to feel for Lex. It scared her in some ways, delighted her in others. But there was also the slightest hint of annoyance at the satisfaction she read in his knowing gaze. He knew what he was doing to her and he enjoyed it. Not that she didn't as well, but a girl needed to salvage some pride.

Maybe it was time to try beating him at his own seductive game.

"You should be doubly flattered Lex. There are only two things I've found that leave me speechless and only one of them involves words."

She smiled as she saw the surprise register in his eyes. Sure, it wasn't the best comeback in the world, but she was pretty proud she'd thought of it despite the tangle her thoughts were in. The surprise in his eyes however was quickly replaced with a calculating, sensual stare that told her she just might have bitten off more than she could chew.

She shivered in delight as she realized she was more than ready to go along for the ride.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex had to fight the urge to simply lean across the table and find out if his image of the "second" thing that could leave her speechless was what he hoped.

His initial surprise was fast turning into anticipation as he watched her eyes gleam at him from across the candlelit table. In hindsight, he shouldn't have been so surprised. This was Chloe Sullivan, the one woman who could match him in a battle of wits and words. Now, watching her take delight in the thought that she'd taken the lead in their game, he realized that somewhere deep inside, he'd been hoping she'd rise to the challenge he hadn't even been aware he was setting.

He'd taken pride in the delight that had shone in her eyes as she'd caught her first glimpse of the room he'd had his staff prepare for dinner. Even he had to admit they'd done a good job setting the scene. His low conversation with his butler had clarified that he wanted his lady to feel as if she were in a romantic, secluded restaurant. From the moment he'd seen her all dressed up with nowhere to go, standing frustratedly on the side of the road, then heard her story of being alone on prom night, he'd decided to make her prom night one to remember, even if it didn't entail going to the prom at all.

Normally, he wasn't given to such romantic sentiments, simply because the women he dated seemed not to care for them. They wanted him for one thing and one thing only. Sex was an added benefit, but the money was really what it was all about. Women expected Lex Luthor to show them a good, expensive time. And he did. Most likely he realized, because he didn't care about them. No one had ever challenged both his mind and body or made him want to do something romantic for them.

No one until Chloe.

He didn't know what had possessed him to kiss her hand as he'd settled her into her seat, but he was extremely pleased with the reaction. Her eyes had suddenly lost focus and her soft gasp had sent his blood pressure skyrocketing. He'd wanted nothing more than to lean over and kiss the full lips that had been haunting him since he'd picked her up on the side of the road. He could read the desire for him to do just that in her eyes as well.

It was the most tempting offer he'd ever had, especially since in some strange way, it was the most innocent. He'd been glad for a moment that dinner chose that moment to arrive. He didn't know what he might have done if he'd have had a moment longer. Still, even as he thanked his butler, his gaze kept going to Chloe and the mysterious expression she wore as she watched him. The heat in her gaze had had him suddenly wondering just what she found so fascinating in him. But the images that popped into his mind were probably a lot more explicit than what she was thinking.

The thought threw him off balance for a moment as he realized she actually had him unsettled. But being as he was the more experienced player in this game, he needed to keep her off balance so he could keep the upper hand. Although if experience was any kind of teacher, he wouldn't put it past her to sink to some dirty tactics to emerge victorious.

His traitorous mind immediately began to picture what kind of "dirty tactics" his blonde spitfire might use. The image of those lips pressing kisses against his collarbone as she licked and nipped at the skin of his neck. Those long, sensual fingers running across the nape of his neck and over the sensitive skin of his scalp. Her soft, curvy body arching in ecstasy as he pounded into her again and again, the sound of his name screamed in pleasure as she convulsed around him.

He had to stifle the groan that threatened to emerge as his thoughts had a definite effect on his body. He was already hard with wanting her and the way she was smiling at him from across the table wasn't helping matters.

There were so many reasons he shouldn't even be going down this road. Her father worked for him and would most probably kill him if he knew the thoughts his boss was having for his daughter. Then there was the fact that her best friend, who also happened to be one of his only friends in this town, would probably murder him if he ever found out what he was picturing doing with the young woman now seated across from him.
Most importantly, there was the fact that he somehow knew that getting involved in any way with Chloe Sullivan would upset the entire, organized world he'd planned for himself. He barely knew her after all. But what he did know of her was simply that she was unpredictable and spunky, loyal to a fault, too curious at times for her own good and damn near the most irresistible woman he'd ever met. She was also the first woman he'd ever met that actually had him intrigued enough to want to risk upsetting the balance he'd striven so hard for his entire life.

"Wow, if I'd have known all it took to render the illustrious Lex Luthor speechless was a few well placed words, I would have done it a lot sooner."

Her teasing words brought him out of his thoughts with a jolt. For a moment, he wasn't sure he'd heard her right. But one look into her twinkling eyes told him he had. The desire that shot through him then was nearly crippling. Chloe Sullivan hadn't realized it, but she'd just upped the stakes in this fast becoming more complicated game.

Despite all the reasons he knew he shouldn't take things any further, despite the risks and dangers it would bring them both, he realized he was going to ignore everything except the strange and new feelings he was experiencing. Because for the first time in a long time, Lex Luthor wanted, truly wanted, a woman.

And as everyone knew, what a Luthor wanted, a Luthor got.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

End 3/?

dsapiro
16th March 2003, 01:57
Wow, that was a really good chapter. Can't wait to see how he plans to get her...

pynr
16th March 2003, 02:17
Discovered this fic for the first time tonight.....really great job thus far..... "silent judo" hehehe....good stuff..... :)

Sunflow
16th March 2003, 02:39
Great chapter :)
I've always thought of Lex as the jazz type of guy, thanks for that little detail ^_^

Sunflow

hfce
16th March 2003, 03:06
Wow that was wonderful reading. More please....

Hope :biggrin:

Юü§îLLå
16th March 2003, 08:09
My...That *was* very PG-13...

I love how descriptive you are...The words here seem magical...

I hope it doesn't get upped to R, 'cause I'd really like to continue reading this 'til the end...

Gemini
16th March 2003, 09:11
Great writing style, this fic is awesome, can't wait for more :drool:

crazygirl
17th March 2003, 19:52
I totally love it. Please post more soon.

sydsvaughn
19th March 2003, 08:30
Chapter 4

Notes/Disclaimers in Part 1

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe sighed as she finished off her last bite of salmon. The dinner had been wonderful, perfectly cooked and prepared as Lex had promised. The wine gave her a wonderfully light feeling even though she'd only consumed one glass with the meal. What had surprised her however was how easy it was to talk to Lex. The conversation had flowed easily and naturally, covering everything from the current situation with the Middle East to their shared love of European history and the great emperors, to the current situation with Clark and Lana. Although that discussion had revolved around how annoyed they were to always be the "sounding boards" for their friends. Still, she found Lex a smart, witty companion, knowledgeable about so many things that Clark and Pete deemed simply "Chloe speak" and chose to ignore.

It was also a nice change to be treated like an adult. Lex didn't treat her like a kid sister or best friend, although their verbal judo did sometimes border on the childish. She'd been surprised and flattered to realize he actually listened to her and seemed interested in her views and thoughts. It was sad, however, to realize how starved she was for that kind of attention. Still, she was going to enjoy every minute of it. And from the looks of it, so was Lex.

His face was extremely relaxed and animated across from her as he tried to explain why the premise of Steve Martin's latest movie was too trite to be believed. They'd been arguing this point for the past five minutes, with Chloe taking the stance that it was a "comfort movie" and wasn't supposed to be a deeply thought out film. She'd also enjoyed his disbelief when she'd told him how she'd actually paid more attention the secondary character who played the stuck-up lawyer. (He really reminded her of someone but she couldn't place who) Overall, it was an enlightening conversation that said more than he probably realized about his taste in movies and entertainment.

"Have you heard a word I've said?"

She started as his low laughter brought her back to the present. She blushed as she realized she'd been staring at him for the past few moments with a dreamy expression. But those eyes, she could get lost in them and never want to be found. Still, he was waiting for a response so she'd better give him one.

"Of course, I was just stunned by the fact that you've put this much thought into a movie. It really doesn't go with the refined image you're famous for."

His raised eyebrow amused her.

"Oh to the contrary Chloe, if you'd have seen me in my somewhat wilder youth, "refined" was definitely not a word people would associate with me. And I think some of the women I've dated would prefer "infamous" rather than "famous" to describe my image."

She couldn't help the shiver of delight that slid down her spine along with her rich laughter.

"Really, do tell Lex. I'm sure there are just fascinating stories about the supermodels and bimbo's you've dated in your past."

She hoped the words didn't sound petty, even though a part of her had deliberately goaded him, wanting to see his reaction.

"Glad to see you have such a high opinion of my social life."

The wry response made her laugh out loud again.

"Well, you haven't given me or anyone else reason to think highly of it. All the reports of the obviously ditzy or dumb models and the way you only stick with them for a few dates present a pretty convincing picture Lex."

His frown made her laugh even harder.

"I'll have you know I had some very good times with some of those women. Although your delicate ears probably are better off not knowing about some of my more outrageous encounters."

Chloe's laughter stopped as her mind immediately began to wander to what kind of "outrageous" encounters Lex might have had. The images that sprang to mind all served to make her cheeks flush an even brighter shade of pink. Lex's soft laughter didn't help as she looked over to find a knowing smirk on his face.

"Ok, point taken. So, now that this delicious dinner is over, what do you have planned next?"

She figured it was time to change the subject and had to stop another blush from rising to her cheeks at his low laughter as he rose and walked towards her. She caught her breath as he stopped in front of her and offered his arm. Seeing she wasn't going to get an immediate reply, she stood and took his arm, enjoying the play of muscles underneath the crisp fabric. She allowed him to lead her from the solarium and into the softly lit hallway, following him in silence as her anticipation grew. She didn't speak, trusting him to reveal his plans when ready. Instead, she enjoyed the comfortable silence and the heightened sense of attraction she knew they both felt.

She looked at him curiously as he stopped in front of an ornate set of double doors. She was now in a totally unfamiliar part of the mansion, which shouldn't surprise her since she had hardly been anywhere but Lex's office.

"Lex, where are we?"

His smile sent her senses soaring as his eyes twinkled at her.

"Well, considering it is your prom night, I figured it wouldn't be complete with some kind of dancing."

With those words, he opened the doors and led her into what had obviously at one time been a grand ballroom. She gasped at the huge crystal chandeliers hanging in clusters around the richly decorated room. Tapestries covered some of the walls while at the opposite end of the room, two huge double doors led out to what looked like an open-air patio. For a moment, her mind flashed to the image of the ballroom in "Beauty and the Beast" but she quickly shook it off as she eagerly pulled away from him to explore.

"Lex, this room is gorgeous! I can't believe it's here and you've never used it. This is the stuff fairy tales are made of!"

She knew she sounded exuberant but she didn't care. She smiled delightedly as she gave in to the urge to whirl around in a circle, swearing she could hear music in her head. As she stopped twirling, she suddenly realized that the music she'd heard was not in her head, but filling the room around her.

"Lex?"

She gasped as he suddenly appeared at her side and slid one arm around her waist, taking one of her hands in his. The feeling of his warm, solid body so close to hers had her mind spinning off into the stratosphere. She unconsciously leaned closer as the light scent of his cologne mixed with something that was uniquely Lex tantalized her nose. She had a sudden desire to bury her head against his neck and see if his skin tasted as good as he smelled. She immediately felt the heat rise in her body at the thought and tried unsuccessfully to push it down. Her gasp was audible as she suddenly felt one of his fingers brush across the skin of her collarbone before coming to rest lightly under her chin, tipping her face up to his. Trails of fire seemed to linger in his wake and as she locked gazes with him, she could have sworn an electric spark shot through them both.

"Shall we dance?"

She could only nod as the music swelled around her and Lex began to lead her across the floor. To her surprise, although she'd never been a good formal dancer, she found herself completely in sync with Lex. It was almost as if they flowed perfectly together, following wherever he led. And all the while her gaze remained locked on his face, unable to look anywhere else as she lost herself in the music and the amazing man now holding her in his arms.

She didn't know how long they'd danced, eyes locked, bodies slowly moving closer and closer together without conscious thought. The music, which had started as light and jazzy, had turned more sultry and sensual, and their bodies were now pressed tightly together as they swayed to the beat. She was completely lost in the moment as she gave into temptation and laid her head on his shoulder, breathing deeply of his scent. Her nose brushed lightly against the warm skin of his neck and she couldn't help but snuggle her face a little closer, wanting desperately to feel more of that warmth against her own flushed skin.

Now this was heaven. He smelled wonderful and felt even better against the soft skin of her cheek. Unconsciously, she placed a light kiss against his neck, enjoying the way the chords in his throat moved against her lips as he swallowed unconsciously. He tasted even better than she'd hoped and she couldn't stop herself from letting her lips wander along his neck, delighting in the way his arms tightened around her. Feeling daring, she nipped gently at the skin beneath his ear, quickly soothing the sting with her tongue. His stifled gasp sent a wave of satisfaction and arousal through her body.

She couldn't help but moan as he suddenly pulled her head back, breaking contact with his skin. She whimpered as she felt him bury his hands in her hair and opened her eyes to look up into his. The desire in the dark orbs sent her heart pounding painfully against her chest. She licked her suddenly dry lips, wondering why he didn't just kiss her. The tension was excruciating and she didn't know how much longer she could hold out.

"Turnabout is fair play."

She gasped at his whispered words, and found herself only able to whimper as his warm lips suddenly descended on her neck.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex was delighted by her reaction to his ballroom. He hadn't been sure if he'd wanted to open it for tonight, but now, seeing Chloe's obvious delight, he felt a warm glow fill him. He sent a quick mental thank you to his staff, for preparing things on such short notice. He'd known Chloe, despite all her protestations, was somewhat upset at missing her prom. And while he knew she was enjoying herself with him, he wanted to make her night as special as possible. He'd gleaned from a few comments she'd made to him over the years, and several Gabe had mentioned about his daughter in passing, that she liked to dance, so he'd figured it only fitting.

He felt his heart beating unusually fast as he watched her whirl around with delight in the center of the room. Something about the carefree action and the look of pure pleasure on her face had him desperately wanting to share the feeling. Moving quickly to the stereo hidden near the door, he pushed a few buttons, smiling in satisfaction as the low, jazzy music filled the room. With a sensual smile he made his way to where she stood, lost in some thought that obviously pleased her.

He reveled in her surprised, carefully masked gasp as he slid one arm around her waist and pulled her against him. He was careful not to bring their bodies into full contact at first, knowing well the pleasure of anticipation. Unable to resist the call of her peach skin however, he let his finger brush across the silken flesh of her neck, coming to rest underneath her chin. Using very little pressure, he lifted her chin until those remarkable eyes of hers were gazing into his. Eyes locked on hers, he began to guide her through the familiar steps, not surprised to see she moved in perfect synchronicity with him. This close to her, he was able to breathe the light floral scent that surrounded her. It intoxicated his senses and made him want nothing more than to place his lips against her neck and nibble his way along her collarbone. He could only imagine the sensual little noises she would make and the way her body would melt into his.

Seriously considering giving into temptation, he unconsciously pulled her closer, feeling her breasts press lightly against his chest, her body sinking against his. The sensations zinging through him were unlike any he'd ever felt before. A need to hold her close and never let her go warred with the desire to kiss her senseless and take her where they stood.

He came very close to the latter thought as he suddenly felt her bury her head against his neck. He closed his eyes as he let his chin rest lightly on top of her head, pulling her closer with the move. Her soft breath against his sensitive skin sent currents of arousal shooting through his body. He shuddered, stifling a moan and swallowing hard as he felt her soft lips press a gentle kiss to his collarbone. It took everything he had not to groan out loud as he felt her begin to plant little kisses along his collarbone. His body hardened unbearably at the erotic action, and it was all he could do to remain silent. He had one fleeting thought of slowing things down, knowing she was as caught up in the moment as he, fearing she might regret it.

But all his good intentions flew out the window as he felt the gentle nip of her teeth, followed by the soothing balm of her tongue on the flesh just below his earlobe. A white hot bolt of desire slammed into him and this time, he couldn't hold back the low moan from deep in his throat. This was heavenly, but he needed, desperately wanted so much more.

With a harsh groan he buried his fingers in her hair, pulling her head back so he could look into her eyes. The desire that burned in them was the only answer he needed to put to rest his worries he was moving too fast. And suddenly, he knew he needed to make her feel just as desperate as he did.

"Turnabout is fair play."

With that, he lowered his lips to her neck and sucked gently at her heated skin. He nearly lost all control at the deep, low moan she gave as her hands rose to pull him closer. Happy to oblige he used his lips and teeth to plant biting little kisses against her neck and under her ear, reveling in the moans she couldn't seem to hold back. She tasted sweet and spicy, a flavor he knew was unique to the woman in his arms. Her scent surrounded him, making him even dizzier with desire as his hands slid up and down her back, stroking her through the thin material of her dress. Unable to stop himself, he slid his leg between hers, growling against her throat as he felt her arch into him, her hands sliding down to his waist to pull him hard against her. His hardness was now pressed against the softness of her thigh and he moved against her rhythmically, her whimpers mixing with his low growls as he let his lips roam from her neck to her chin until he was only a hares-breath away from her lips.

"Chloe."

He barely managed to growl her name, watching as eyes that had been closed in pleasure, opened to look into his. The desire burning there was nearly enough to bring him to his knees.

"Kiss me Lex."

It was the only answer he needed as he brought their lips together and passion exploded around them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

To Be Continued...

Queen Of Tact
19th March 2003, 10:08
Wait a second! You can't stop here.. You need to come right back and post more... I crave more Chlexy goodness......

CC

hfce
19th March 2003, 16:54
That was just :drool: more please :biggrin:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Sunflow
19th March 2003, 21:37
That was truly amazing :) More! Gimmi more!

(and Chloe made the first move, *smiles proudly*)

Tandy
20th March 2003, 02:34
Wonderful writing, wonderful chapter! But seriously, Post more soon please!

~Tandy~

Юü§îLLå
20th March 2003, 04:32
Oh this is so good! Please don't up the rating...This is great! Absolutely great!

bluemoongirl23
20th March 2003, 05:18
Great update! Love the Bringing Down the House mention, especially the she couldn't place him part of it. More soon, please.

Blue

sydsvaughn
20th March 2003, 08:27
Ok, the seduction really kicks in here. I'm saying it's a definate "R" rating now (maybe a mild NC-17 to err on the side of caution, but then again, I've been told it can go both ways!) However, it's nothing majorly graphic or extremely explicit. Just extremely sensual, if I got it right! Feel free to let me know! My smut muse is somewhat tamer than normal. (and yes, that should probably scare people!) Hope you enjoy and thanks so much for the feedback!!! I can't tell you how much it means!

Now, on with Chapter 5!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

His lips were full and soft against hers, cool to the touch at first, but quickly warmed as her lips lingered. He tasted like a delicious, refreshing burst of mint. Moaning softly, she used her tongue to trace the soft skin, begging him silently to respond. She whimpered as his arms tightened around her like a vise and his lips opened against hers. Before she could even catch her breath, he was kissing her harder than she'd ever been kissed in her life. And it was the most overwhelming, overpowering, wonderful feeling she'd ever experienced.

Lex had expected the kiss to be spectacular, but not the jolt of fire that shot through him at finally feeling her lips against his. He'd kissed women before, but none had ever sparked this kind of response. He felt her tongue probing for entrance, her lithe body pressed tightly against his as she urged him with her movements to deepen the kiss. Giving into the urge he'd had for what seemed far to long, he returned her kiss with all the passion he'd been bottling up for years.

Her lips were like silken fire against his, her taste a mixture of honey and spice. The scent of her perfume wrapped around him like a blanket as he buried his hands in her hair. It was even softer than he'd imagined, tangling around his hands like a silken web. Moaning softly, he wrapped his fingers around the short locks, using the leverage it gave him to move her mouth against his.

The delicious friction made Chloe moan as she felt his warm hands turning her to his every whim. She'd imagined kissing Lex Luthor for longer than she'd care to admit, but even her most vivid fantasies paled in comparison to the real thing.

Chloe finally pulled back when she realized she desperately needed to breathe. She took in deep gulps of air as she stared up into his dark eyes, burning now with an intense desire that delighted and aroused her.

Lex, for his part, was simply trying to remember how to breathe. His hands were still wrapped tightly in her hair, his eyes locked on her lips, which were red and swollen from his kisses as she panted for breath. She was the most beautiful creature he'd ever seen.

"Now that's the way to leave a girl breathless Lex."

The way she said his name sent a bolt of desire racing straight to his groin. He'd thought he could hold out, create the perfect seduction that she deserved. But he was definitely going to have to rethink his plan because there was no way he was going to be able to let her go tonight.

But that was okay, because as he'd learned throughout his still young years, some things went much better when you improvised.

Which was why he felt no qualms about taking her lips once again, his hands sliding to her waist, pulling her tighter against him as he thrust gently against her. He took her lips in a kiss that screamed of desperation and long held-back desire. He felt his body tighten unbearably as she moaned roughly and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck.

Chloe moaned into his mouth. This kiss, like the first, was heated and hard, but held more passion than before. His hands were also becoming much bolder, his long fingers sliding up her waist and over the silk of her dress to brush lightly across her breasts, peaking the already tight nipples that strained against their confinement. Whimpering, she clutched him closer.

Lex knew things were fast spinning out of control and as much as he wanted to throw her to the floor and take her right there, he was determined to slow this seduction down. He might want her more than anything, but he was not going to grope her like an overeager teenager. She deserved better. They deserved better. And besides, there was nothing he liked more than hearing a beautiful woman moan her desires in his ear as he was pleasuring her. The fact that it would be Chloe only served to send his arousal skyrocketing.

Still, he allowed the kiss to deepen as his fingers lingered against the bare flesh of her upper chest, marveling at how her heaving breaths almost set her breasts spilling out of her dress. Smiling, he pulled back, allowing one finger to softly rim the edge of her bodice, enjoying the small whimpers coming from the back of her throat.

"You like my touch Chloe?"

He smiled as her eyes fluttered open and she whimpered. She was beautiful, her eyes pools of mystery as her breasts heaved against him. Her lips parted as she gasped for breath, allowing most of her weight to fall against him, in all the right places. With a small smile, he slid his leg fully between hers, drawing another loud whimper in reply.

"No reply Chloe? Should I then assume you would rather I do something different?"

Chloe's eyes flew open at his husky, teasing words. A strangled moan emerged from her throat as she felt one of those long, talented fingers slip into the crevice between her breasts, stroking the side of one globe with a fingertip. The feeling was exquisite, robbing her of speech as she pressed herself against him, unable to do more than whimper and beg him with her eyes to continue.

"Still no answer? I guess we'll have to try something else then."

She struggled for breath, not sure whether to be annoyed by his words, despite his sensual tone. The desire that suddenly swamped her obliterated all else as his finger slid underneath the material to brush across one straining nipple. At the same time, his lips suddenly lowered to her neck and nipped at the familiar flesh beneath her earlobe. A bolt of desire shot straight to her center, liquefying her entire body. She cried out his name at the exquisite sensation.

"Lex!"

The sound of her hoarse voice crying his name nearly sent him over the edge. He'd never heard his name spoken with such desire before. He'd thought her breathy moans and whimpers were arousing enough. He found it strangely satisfying he had reduced her to speechlessness. Quite a task for anyone when it involved Chloe Sullivan. However, he soon realized that nothing could compare to the heat that flooded him at hearing her call out his name in abandon. He was rock hard now, his desire throbbing against the tight constraints of his pants. His skin felt super-sensitized as he stroked the softness of her breasts, enjoying the way her nipples peaked against the material. Loving the way her chest heaved against his as she arched into him, begging him with whimpers and moans to continue.

Chloe felt as if every nerve in her body was on fire as she whimpered and arched against Lex, begging him to continue. The rasp of his breath across her neck as he licked her skin made her tremble. The teasing way he stroked her breasts nearly made her knees give out. All she could do was lean farther into him, arching even closer, needing more of the incredible sensations swamping her body. And from his low moans and the feel of his desire pressing against her thigh, she could tell he felt the same.

Panting, she managed to slide her hands between them and to his waist, pulling his shirt from his pants, allowing her access to his heated skin. She couldn't hold back a moan as she felt the smooth texture of his flesh, outlining the firm abdomen his shirt had revealed. Tracing every curve, she slid her hands up to brush over his small male nipples, her smile turning feral as she heard him moan against her throat. Moving quickly, and with only the slightest regret, she pushed him away from her long enough to lower her head to the enticing curve of his neck. She was rewarded with a harsh intake of breath as she again began to lick and nibble at his collarbone, using her tongue and teeth to their greatest advantage.

Lex could not bring a coherent thought to mind as he let Chloe have her way with him, amazed at the sensations shooting through his system. It had been far too long, if ever, that he'd felt such a burning desire to tear off a woman's clothing and ravish her. But he was fast reaching the point of no return as the woman in his arms proceeded to drive him wild.

"You taste good, I want to taste more."

He felt himself nearly lose control as her husky voice washed over him while her hands slid down to cup the bulge now straining against his pants. The friction was nearly unbearable.

"Feel free."

He was surprised he managed to even get the words out as he felt her nimble fingers carefully work the zipper of his pants down before sliding in to draw his aching flesh into the warmth of her palm.

He cursed as she smiled up at him and gave a gentle squeeze that nearly ended things then and there. Maybe it was the triumph he read in her eyes, or the burning lust he could see that matched his. Whatever it was, he needed to take back the upper hand now. Before he completely lost it and took her with no thought to anything but his own pleasure.

Twining one hand in her hair, he slammed his lips onto hers, tongue ravaging her mouth even as her hand began to stroke him in quick, hard motions, exactly the way he liked. His free hand slid to her skirt, hiking it up around her waist with almost no thought but to feel the sweet flesh he knew lay beneath. He inhaled sharply as his fingers found her panties drenched, her body instinctively arching against his probing fingers.

Chloe couldn't help but cry out as she felt him push aside the soaked fabric and slide two long fingers into her willing body, her inner muscles clamping down hard on the welcome intrusion. Nothing had ever felt this good in her life before, and she found herself whimpering and begging him incoherently never to stop.

He must have understood because he began to thrust his fingers sharply into her, in time with her own motions against him. Panting, she dragged her mouth from his, lifting her eyes to stare directly into his as they pleasured each other with hands.

Suddenly, she felt him hit the flashpoint inside her. She screamed his name as he hit it again, and then again and again and again as she lost all coherent thought but to move, arching, pushing, thrusting against his fingers as they hit her pleasure point over and over and over.

Lex nearly came himself as he watched her total abandon as she moved against him, begging him to continue with harsh, guttural words that he should have been shocked to hear from her. But she was beautiful like this, lost in the throes of passion, her hand falling from him as she lost herself to her own pleasure. His hardness ached at the loss of sensation but he knew in a few short moments, it would more than be made up for. Right now, he simply wanted to watch her enjoy the cliff he was taking her over.

He felt himself twitch painfully as she suddenly convulsed against him, crying out his name in a voice laden with lust and ecstasy. He simply held her tightly as she writhed against him, watching as the waves of pleasure swept over her, turning her beautiful face into a rapturous sight he would never forget, no matter how long he lived.

Chloe was lost to everything but the sensation blinding her as she fell farther and farther into a heated pool of ecstasy. Colors and lights exploded around her as she fell, the pleasure nearly too much to bear. Finally, after what seemed an endless fall, she felt herself touch bottom again, eyes fluttering open to see the most wonderful image she could ever imagine.

Lex Luthor holding her against him, a harsh expression of desire and lust on his face, his body hard against hers. She could barely think coherently, but despite her euphoric bliss, she knew he needed more.

"Lex, let go."

She whispered the words even as she reached for the hardness pressing into her thigh. Ignoring his gasp, she stroked him quickly. Once, twice, three times was all it took before he uttered a hoarse cry of her name and exploded.

He'd wanted to be inside her when he'd lost it, wanted to have her right there with him for the entire journey. But the feel of her hand on him, against him, stroking, pulling, rubbing against him as she whispered for him to 'let go' was too much. He could only hope she could support his weight as he collapsed against her, waves of ecstasy wracking his body as he shuddered against her.

The pleasure that swamped him was a force more powerful than any he'd encountered. The ecstasy was like nothing he'd ever known, hitting him with wave after wave of bliss. Her scent and softly whispered murmurs wrapped around him as he fell, sinking against her, knowing she'd catch him when he landed.

Several minutes later he came back to himself, noting Chloe was literally supporting all of his weight as she nuzzled into his neck, fingers stroking sensually along his scalp.

"What did you do to me woman? I wanted slow and steady this first time."

Chloe managed enough breath to laugh at his rumbled words, the sensation tickling her ear where his lips now rested.

"Slow and steady is good, but fast and furious is by far the best. For the first time at least."

She felt him shudder at her words as he pulled back to look into her eyes. The heat blazing in them nearly undid her again as she whimpered and felt him lean down to take her lips once again. Something told her this night was far from over.

~*~*~*~*~*~

(I blame this chapter entirely on how seductive I find MR... and by extension Lex!)

Queen Of Tact
20th March 2003, 08:49
OMG what are u people doing to me tonight.. I am so going to need to take a cold, and I do mean very cold shower... Please please post more soon...

CC

hfce
20th March 2003, 16:50
Oh My Lord that was HOT HOT HOT!!!!!! Please MORE MORE MORE!!!!

Hope :blush: :chlexsign2:

sabby
20th March 2003, 18:02
I already rev. it over at ff.net but I have to say it again, but I'll give you the short version

:drool: HOT!!! Incredible! MOOOOOOOOOORE! NOW!

hugs,
Sabby

ladymichelle
20th March 2003, 20:43
That was terrific!
UPDATE NOW if not sooner!
;)

bluemoongirl23
21st March 2003, 00:50
Yowza! I think that that is a very appropriate word to describe that chapter. Thank you sir, may I have another? And soon at that.

Blue

dsapiro
21st March 2003, 03:00
That was great. :drool: I want more, soon please.

Юü§îLLå
21st March 2003, 07:21
::sniffles:: R...Where's that Utah Editing Company that edited "Titanic?" ::sniffles::

Sunflow
21st March 2003, 22:23
OMG... that was hot!
*wipes the steam off the screen*

Please don't let us wait! Post more!

sydsvaughn
25th March 2003, 09:23
Chapter 6 (The Grand Finale)

Notes: Probably cliched and too romantic, but hopefully with enough steam to please everyone! So I'm finishing it off still rating this part as "R!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex was amazed that the woman in his arms could return his passion without a thought to the fact that they'd just satisfied each other. Of course, he had a suspicion that where Chloe was concerned, stamina was probably not going to prove a problem. At least his body was telling him that as he hardened against her yet again.

Chloe sighed, teasing his tongue as their kiss dragged on, sensual and deep as their bodies rubbed against each other. Her hands ran over his scalp, drawing a low moan from him as his hands slid to the bodice of her dress. With a small move, he pushed the material down until it pooled around her waist, exposing her breasts to the cool night air. But any coolness was soon replaced with the warm heat of his mouth against her sensitive flesh. She mewled low in her throat as she pulled him against her, whimpering as his fingers played with her other breast, pulling and tugging in the same rhythm as his mouth.

"Lex, please!"

She wasn't sure what she was asking, all she knew was that she would die if she didn't soon feel him buried inside her. Lex must have understood because an instant later, her dress lay pooled at her feet and his eager hands were running over her now completely nude body. The sensations coursing through her were nearly enough to make her lose all coherent thought, but one fact registered. Lex still had too many clothes on.

With a determined move, her hands began working the buttons on his shirt, finally getting impatient and pulling. There was a strange sort of satisfaction in hearing the "rip" as buttons went flying.

"Easy there, I thought we were going for slow and steady this time."

His teasing words, spoken against her skin as he nipped and kissed his way down her body only served to inflame her even more.

"Next time. I need you now Lex!"

Lex felt a jolt of desire slam into him at her words, combined with the firm grip she suddenly took on his now rock-hard desire. He'd barely managed a moan before her nimble fingers had his pants pushed to the floor. With an easy motion, his lips never leaving her skin, he kicked them off and to the side, shuddering as her hands took him in a firm, strong grip once again. With a low growl, he thrust against her, the move only serving to inflame him even more.

Chloe let herself go, becoming a wild creature as she felt him arch hard against her. But she needed more. She took the initiative then, using her own strength, and suddenly pushed him across the room and to one of the low sofas that sat alongside the dance floor. She watched his grin turn into a low moan as she began to kiss her way down his bare chest. She let her hands rake across the small male nipples, feeling his growl reverberate through his chest. His body was like fire against her, the evidence of his desire pulsing rhythmically against her inner thighs.

With a sly smile she moved lower, feeling his hands come to fist in her hair, but not stopping her. She felt her need for him growing as she allowed her breath to blow lightly over the tip of his erection, watching his body arch up towards her lips. She managed to look up at him, feeling a new spurt of lust as she watched his dark eyes blaze with desire. Then, with her eyes locked to his, she took him deep into her mouth.

Lex didn't know he was capable of making the strange, strangled sound he heard emerge from his mouth as Chloe began to move against him in a rhythm all her own. He thought he'd die at the sensation of her hot, wet mouth, tugging sensually on him. He kept his hands fisted in her hair, not forcing her but urging her with the movement of his hips to move faster. He could feel himself growing harder, feel the desire in him rise as he watched the blonde head bent erotically over him.

God she was a beautiful sight! Her hair fell softly around her cheeks as she watched him carefully, judging what he liked and disliked from his expression. He felt himself nearing the edge, but struggled for control, knowing he wanted her with him when they crashed. With another low growl, he pulled her away from him, and up his body, clamping his mouth down over hers and kissing her desperately as he slid two fingers into her, feeling her hot and ready for him.

Chloe moaned into the kiss arching against his fingers, begging him with her body to take her. He must have read her mind because he quickly withdrew his fingers and pulled her so she was straddling his hips, positioning her so he was rubbing gently against her center.

"Chloe."

He looked deep into her eyes, wanting to be sure she wanted this as much as he did. One glance at the desire burning there, for him was the only answer he needed.

"Take me Lex. Now!"

Chloe knew her words were more of a guttural moan, but she couldn't manage anything else. She was desperate to feel him hard and full inside her and didn't want to wait another minute. The words obviously had the desired effect because with another low growl, Lex entered her with one hard thrust.

Lex felt stars explode behind his eyes as her body clenched around him like a hot, tight glove. She was so tight, so hot, it was nearly unbearable.

"God Lex, feels so good. Please, more!"

He complied with her harsh moans, pulling her hips down to his as she frantically bucked against him, determined to go as deep inside of her as he could. He knew he was uttering his own growls and pleas, but was unable to register anything but sight of her above him, reveling in the pleasure he was giving her.

"Chloe, let go, come for me!"

The sensual words, moaned in her ear, sent Chloe flying over the edge. She shrieked his name as her body clenched tightly around him, jerking slightly as he too flew over the edge with a cry of her name. For a few moments, they simply moved against each other, riding out the waves of ecstasy as they floated back down to earth.

When she could finally breathe again, she let her head come to rest against his chest, bodies still joined, enjoying the afterglow of earth-shattering sex. There were no words for what she'd just experienced in Lex Luthor's arms and she didn't even want to try and find any. The moment was too perfect to be marred by something as mundane as words.

Lex too felt no need to say anything. The bliss he'd felt while buried in her body was still with him as he cuddled her closer, reluctant to release her. The silence between them was a sensual thing, filled with emotions they weren't quite ready to admit to but were undoubtedly there. After a few moments, Lex managed enough strength to lean down and brush a kiss across her forehead, smiling as her face came up to look into his face.

Chloe smiled as she read the pure, relaxed contentment in Lex's eyes. She felt proud that she'd managed to put it there. And she intended to see it there more and more often.

"You know, if I'd have known you could do this a few years ago, Clark wouldn't have stood a chance."

Lex laughed as he hugged her closer.

"If I'd have known you'd respond this way, you wouldn't have even thought of giving Clark a chance."

She laughed at his audacity, reaching up to plant a light kiss against his lips. She moaned as she felt him stir against her, his lips taking hers in a deeply sensual kiss. Pulling back a few moments later, she saw an answering desire burning again in his eyes.

"Well, if you're up to it, I'm more than willing to explore some more of my "responses" to you Lex."

With a sensual laugh, Lex leaned down and kissed her passionately and proceeded to show her that indeed, the third time was a charm.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The End

(Well, did you enjoy?)

Queen Of Tact
25th March 2003, 09:48
OMG!!! That was so so so hot... I really need to go take a cold shower now...

CC

hfce
25th March 2003, 17:52
Oh wow that was :drool: :drool: HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! I need a cold shower :blush:
I really enjoyed thi story. I hate that it ended. I hope you consider a sequel because I think it needs one. ;)

Hope :chlexsign2:

sabby
25th March 2003, 20:41
Wow, that was good. And sorry to tell you, that was beyond R rating *g*

I hope you post a new story soon, I like your a style and the growling etc. but please don't make him purr, that would go a bit to far.. tho I wish men could actually do that *sighs*

hugs,
Sabby

dsapiro
26th March 2003, 04:11
That was a great ending, except for the whole being over part...

Sway
26th March 2003, 08:41
wow that was awesome. i loved that fic!! i can't wait for more from you...

:blinkkiss: Sway

arianaisis
26th March 2003, 10:19
Can I just say that this was... wow. This is tight. I would love if there was more, a sequel in which they interact with themselves while others are around. Hope you get around to it.

kidkarmina
22nd June 2003, 00:54
I have actually read this and I could have sworn I had left a review. Oh well, sorry about that if I did not. This was smokin :devil: !!!

I have truly enjoyed this story :chlexsign3: !! Keep writing and thank you for sharing :worship2: !!

JJ

Clannadlvr
15th December 2003, 00:48
Wow-just read this for the first time. Hot! I love how you included the verbal judo- what a great mutual seduction.

autumngold
16th December 2003, 05:07
Lucky Chloe!! That was better than any Prom I went to!! :biggrin: I love your story! Definitely very hot!! :chlexsign4:

Sab_Luthor
8th January 2004, 13:56
wow this fic was amazing i loved it
and the smut was very good :drool: :drool:

gina
9th March 2004, 10:44
This was a wonderful fic! I loved how it was both romantic and sexy. Great job! :)

Lel
9th March 2004, 15:43
Very Very Sexy. I loved it.

Lel xx

Ainur
10th November 2004, 08:02
:drool: Oh my! This was the best it left wanting more. It hottet than hot. Chloe is so lucky. Great job! People I'm fairly new. If this fic has a sequel can somebody let me know. Thanks!!!!

Ami Rose
14th November 2004, 10:28
Cute... I like

starmoon
12th April 2005, 01:48
great story.

arkakitty
2nd June 2005, 20:50
That was so great. I just loved how the story developed between the glances and so on ^^

ggdoll18
2nd July 2005, 08:28
awesome story!!!

darkangel
15th August 2005, 05:29
:d

crystela16
17th August 2005, 05:28
I read this a while back but couldn't find it. It's one of my favorites and Lex makes a good white knight...tarnished but good.

itsjustXchar
21st August 2005, 07:39
that story was too cute...and outrageously hott! KUDOS, MAD KUDOS!!! :drool2:

Ann
6th September 2005, 15:57
Wow! Talk about hot. Lex was so incredibly sexy in this fic. Great job!

Reese
27th October 2005, 08:52
Wow.

*sits in silence for a moment*

I mean...wow.

What a great read. Granted, I'm now feeling that I really missed out on prom night but... ;)

Reese

mokahi
2nd December 2005, 06:45
I love this story.

spaceboi's pixie
2nd December 2005, 09:44
read this over at a different site was great and love reading it again

yamina
2nd March 2006, 11:45
Hello,

I just finished to read the fic ; I loved it ; very very very sexy/

Thank you
Yamina

Esther25jm
1st May 2006, 07:11
That was delicious....completely delicious!! The way you use words so artfully is exquisite. This is truly a treasure. Great job!

~*~Tasha~*~
12th June 2006, 10:41
Very passionate piece. Romantic and fulfilling. This would have been a great way for the show to go!

dagney
15th August 2007, 01:15
This story rocked with sensuality. Your descriptions of senses, smell, touch, the intelligent banter. Lex treating her like a women, and her lustful response. The passion and desire were atomic. Dagney

SVfan1286
11th September 2007, 19:57
Wow...That was truly amazing. The seductive banter was so sensual and full of passion. I loved this very sexy fic!!

Tanschana
19th May 2008, 12:24
Wow... hot...:smoke:
Great story!

Kit Merlot
19th May 2008, 20:20
Sara, this was such a romantic and passionate story! If only Chloe's prom night had actually ened this way on the show:D

sullivangirl
2nd May 2016, 09:56
its great story... love it