PDA

View Full Version : Toute la vérité (rated: PG13) (completed)

moultipass1
10th December 2003, 01:42
TITLE: Toute la vérité.
RATING: PG13
DISCLAIMER: If they were mine, I’d be writing a scenario instead of a fic.
SUMMARY: I was thinking (who said “for once”? lol) and I decided that since the green meteors affect people physically, the red ones must affect them psychologically. So... what happens when Chloe is affected by them and everytime she asks a question, people can’t help but tell her the truth? I’ll tell you what happens: Chlex!
A/N: ok, since so many of you asked, here it is, the sequel to “les gens que j’ai aimés”. Which means that Lex is already in love with Chloe and has admitted it to himself, but doesn’t want to do anything about it (if you wanna know why, I recommend that you read the first one) and that Lana knows.
This probably belongs more to the romance or general categorie than to the angst one, but since the first part was in this one, I figured I'd post the sequel here as well
The title is the french for “the whole truth”
Also, I don’t really know where I’m going with this since I hadn’t intended to write a sequel, so please tell me what you think about it so I can decide if I should continue...

“And he just… agreed?”
Chloe nodded. She had thought it was unbelievable, and apparently Clark thought so too. Lana came, bringing Chloe her latte.
“What are you guys talking about?”
“Did you know that Lex had agreed to grant Chloe another interview?”
Lana suddenly seemed ill at ease and avoided eye contact with them.
“Lana?”
She just shrugged, trying to look casual.
“That’s great. I mean... it’ll make a good piece for the Torch, right?”
“Lana, we’re roommates... you wouldn’t hide anything from me, would you?”
“Of course I wouldn’t. So, when do you interview him?”
“In about an hour. We were just talking, I told him that after how our first interview turned out he had to make it up to me. I was just joking, but he asked when I could do it and next thing I know, we were arranging a meeting at the manor.”
Chloe finished her latte, looked at her watch and stood up.
“Gotta go. See you later.”
She left, leaving them alone. They stayed silent for a while before Clark finally asked the question he wanted to ask since the moment Lana had heard about the interview.
“Lana, is everything ok?”
“Yeah. Why do you ask?”
“Just wondering. Don’t you think it’s strange that Lex agreed just like that? I mean... he hates reporters and it’s not like he had to do it.”
Lana shrugged and went back to work.

“Mister Luthor...”
He raised an eyebrow.
“You haven’t called me that since our last interview.”
“I don’t like being too familiar with people I’m about to interview.”
“Why is that? Afraid it could cloud up your judgement?”
“More like afraid they could think I’m friendly. It would kinda hurt my reputation. So, shall we start?”
Lex nodded and watched as she took her pen and notebook out of her bag. He knew he shouldn’t have agreed. He was a Luthor and Luthor hated all things related to newspapers. But he had two reasons for agreeing: first he felt guilty about what had happened to her last time and he wanted to do something for her, and secondly... well, secondly, it meant he could spend time alone with her, and even though he had decided not to act on his feelings toward her, it was always a pleasure to speak with her. Contrary to what one could have thought, he loved it when she was in reporter mode. It meant that this spark in her eyes would be there, as well as the serious and irritated expression when he decided he didn’t want to answer one of her questions... and he had to admit, she had made an habit of asking questions he didn’t want to answer to. That’s what made her an excellent reporter.
“So, Mister Luthor, has any plan been made in order to re-open level -3?”
He smirked. He sould have known this would be her first question.
“Not that I know of.”
She waited for him to elaborate, but when he didn’t, she wrote something down on her notebook and went on.
“Could you tell me something about the deal you want to conclude with EntNash?”
Easily hidding his surprise at the fact that she knew about that, he answered:
“How can I tell you something about a deal that doesn’t, nor is going to, exist?”
Chloe smiled. She knew he was going to say something like that.
“Are you denying it because of your father? Do you think he might want to steal this market from you?”
“As I said, LexCorp has nothing to do with EntNash, and it’s not going to change.”
“Is that why you have a team investigating on them as we speak?”
Lex was taken aback for a moment. How the hell did she know? It was not as if it was a public matter... Hell, it was one of the most secret matters of his corporation! Lex nodded.
“Alright, Miss Sullivan, I have to admit I’m impressed, but that’s the only thing I’ll say about that, you’ll have to...”
Lex never finished his sentence: the door suddenly burst open and a very furious looking man stormed inside, Lex’s secretary running after him and screaming that Mister Luthor wasn’t to be disturbed. Lex and Chloe stood up at the same time, trying to understand what was happening. The man looked totally crazy, and Chloe knew there would be no point in trying to reason him.
“Can I help you?”
Chloe was amazed that Lex managed to keep his voice calm. He walked to Chloe’s side, wanting to be closer to her, just in case. When the man didn’t answer, Lex decided to try something else.
“What’s your name? And what do you want?”
“Your death.”
He was too focused on Lex to notice the secretary had gotten out of the room in order to call the security. Chloe took a step in his direction, and he hit her, so hard that she hit the wall, fell to the ground and couldn’t stand up anymore. She felt a sharp pain in her head and absently thought that next time she wanted to interview Lex, they’d do it at the Torch office, or at the Talon, or at her home, anywhere but at the manor. She was fed up with being attacked everytime she came here. She heard Lex call her name and she tried to tell him she was alright, but her mouth refused to work. She saw the man attack Lex and Lex trying to defend himself, but the man’s strenght was inhuman and he couldn’t do anything. Suddenly, two guards came in and the distraction was enough for Lex to get away from the man’s grip and he ran to her, but the attacker ran faster and got to her first. He put her to her feet and held her tight, her back against him, his right hand around her neck. Lex instantly stopped.
“Tell them to put the guns down, Luthor, or I’ll kill her.”
Knowing he meant it, but also knowing that he’d kill her anyway, Lex hesitated. He suddenly remembered what he had thought a few days earlier at the Talon... if she died, he didn’t know what he’d do. He couldn’t bear another loss, especially not her. Chloe gasped as she felt his nails dug into her throat harder and wondered if his strenght had anything to do with the meteor rocks, but she soon wasn’t able to think clearly anymore as the pain in her head intensified and her body became deprived of oxygen. She heard a gunshot, fell to the ground as the man released his grip, realised he was dead and struggled to find her breath. She saw Lex’s face and his worried expression, and she tried to smile, but it made her head hurt more and she renounced.
“Chloe!”
She knew he was trying to prevent her from sinking into inconsciousness, but she cursed him for screaming when all she wanted to do was let the blackness surround her. She glanced at the dead man next to her. His eyes were still open, and she wondered if the red spark she saw in his pupils for less than a second was real or if it was just her imagination. Then everything went black.

TBC...

carebear72884
10th December 2003, 03:17
wow, that was great, i love where this story is going. all i have to say is that you have to update, or make a sequal again or something, you cant just leave it like that. i repeat, YOU. CANT. LEAVE. IT. LIKE. THAT. lol, good job, i am looking forward to more.

Lulucifer
10th December 2003, 03:19
Yay!!! A Sequel!!! Hehe... :biggrin: ...so Chloe will be affect by red meteorites and everyone has to tell her the truth?? That means Lex will have to tell her how he feels about her! If she asks that is. :chlexsign1: Can't wait to see where u go with this. Great fic.
:chlexsign4:

hfce
10th December 2003, 04:04
More now please you cant stop.... :worship2:

Hope :cool:

gina
10th December 2003, 04:26
Oh, this is great. I can't wait till Chloe starts asking Lex some questions, hehe. More soon please!

katspell
10th December 2003, 05:38
:yay: :yay: :yay: more more more PLEASE, don't leave us waiting....

autumngold
10th December 2003, 06:06
I'm so excited about your new story!! I can't believe how great your first chapter is! I can't wait to find out Lex's reaction to Chloe's new power! I hope he has to tell her how he feels!! Please update soon!! :chlexsign3:

sylvia
10th December 2003, 06:20
Good start =D Can't wait for the next update!

peepsRfun2eat
10th December 2003, 06:42
you did a sequel!!!!!!!

:applause: :worship2: :yay: and if i could i would give you a great big shiny gold star.

great story i :wub: it and well you can't just leave it there. please update!!!!

Susie Q
10th December 2003, 07:06
Hooray for sequels! I love this ‘whole truth’ idea involving the red K. Let’s hope Chloe asks all the “interesting” questions. *rubs hands together eagerly* Can’t wait for the update! :yay2:

Béatrice
10th December 2003, 13:03
First, you made a gret beginning! BRAVO! :worship2:
Then, I wonder who this man is.
Finally, I want more. So please update! :yay:

scifichick774
10th December 2003, 17:04
Yay to sequels! Hee hee. Great beginning. More soon please.

WolviesLover
10th December 2003, 18:16
Niiiiice. Very exciting beginning! More soon!

Julie
10th December 2003, 21:20
Seve, please remember to ALSO put the rating in the topic title or topic description and not just in the story itself.

moultipass1
11th December 2003, 00:55
sorry about that, I forgot

happy bunny
11th December 2003, 03:23
Yay! You continued!

I can't wait to see the 'whole truth' thing come into play, that should definitely be interesting.

Great start; now give us more. :biggrin:

moultipass1
12th December 2003, 14:58
A/N: Ok guys, here’s the next chapter. Nothing really happens. Hope you like it anyway.

The first thing she became aware of was the sound of the machine next to her. The second thing was that a hand was holding hers. She tried to open her eyes but the light that hit her was too bright and she quickly shut them again, willing the headache to go away. The person who was holding her hand released her when they realised she was awake and she groaned at the loss of contact. She didn’t know who it was, although she suspected it was Clark, or maybe her dad, but the warm hand was comforting in hers and she wished it had stayed longer.
“How are you feeling?”
“Like crap.”
She heard a chuckle. She then realised who the voice belonged to and it was enough for her to fully open her eyes.
“Lex?”
“It was my name last time I checked.”
She shook her head in order to try to clear her thoughts, and winced when it caused a nausea to wave over her.
“What are you doing here?”
‘Nice to see you too’, he thought wryly. But, to his surprise, those were not the words that came out of his mouth.
“I wanted to see how you were.”
She looked at her surrounding for the first time and a sigh escaped her lips.
“Please, tell me I’m not in a hospital room...”
“You are.”
“Great. I’m dead and in Hell.”
“I certainly hope that’s not what you’re thinking about my presence at your side.”
“That’s not what I was talking about, but now that you mention it...”
She smiled to let him know she was just joking and he smiled back. Really smiled, which surprised her.
“And here’s the Chloe Sullivan we all know and love.”
Oops... he hadn’t meant to finish that sentence. He waited to see her reaction, but she simply nodded. After all, it was just an expression, there was no reason for her to interprete it, right? Right.
“How long...”
“Three days.”
“What?!”
“You were hurt pretty badly. The doctors didn’t know if you’d make it.”
“Well, you’re not going out of that interview that easily. Wait a minute... how did you know I was going to wake up today?”
“I didn’t” he admitted.
Stunned, she studied his face closely in an attempt to read his thoughts, but he was his usual expressionless and calm self.
“Then what are you doing here?”
“I already told you.”
“That’s not what I meant.”
“Oh. I... I kind of... stayed here.”
“For three days?”
“Actually, two days, since the first day I was in my own room and the doctors wouldn’t let me stand up. I was hurt too.”
Her tone was curious when she asked:
“Why did you stay, Lex? Don’t you have a business to take care of?”
“My business is less important to me than you are.”
Her eyes grew wide at his statement. He looked like he was regretting saying it, like he hadn’t meant to say it out loud and was wondering why he had. Lex Luthor didn’t strike her as someone who would say something he didn’t want to say, and he had always showed so much control that she decided she had misinterpreted the spark in his eyes. He was probably just glad she hadn’t been killed – after all, they were friends... or acquaintances – and just wanted to be nice. So, instead of trying to push him into telling her if he meant that, she smiled slightly.
“Nice line, Luthor.”
He hardly fought the urge to tell her that it wasn’t a line, that he meant it. What the hell was wrong with him? He had never had any problems at controlling his words before, even when she was concerned, so why couldn’t he keep his mouth shut today? He decided to blame it on his concern for her. He had been so scared when the doctors had told them they couldn’t do anything... He was just glad she had waken up when she had. A few hours earlier, and she’d have caught him crying.
“I’m gonna call the doctors, they’ll want to check on you, and I’ll let your dad know you’re awake. Glad you’re feeling better.”
He stood up and walked to the door, but just as he was about to get out she called his name and he turned around to look at her.
“Thanks” was all she said.
He simply nodded and left the room.

“I’m fine, dad. Or I will be as soon as you decide to let me breathe.”
Gabe released her and shot her an apologetic grin.
“Sorry sweetie... it’s just...”
“I know.”
They smiled at each other and Chloe was about to speak when they heard a knock on the door. Without waiting for an answer Clark walked in, went straight to her bed and hugged her. She laughed.
“Why does everyone act like I don’t need oxygen?”
Clark just laughed and let go of her, pulling back to look at her. She nodded in answer to his unspoken question of whether she felt good and he smiled.
“Care to tell me why every time you want to interview Lex it ends up with you being stuck in a hospital bed?”
“I wish I knew. So, Kent, has anything interesting happened while I was here?”
“Yep. Me and Lana are dating.”
Chloe rolled her eyes and answered teasingly:
“I said ‘interesting’, Clark.”
Clark suddenly seemed very uncomfortable.
“Chlo’, it... does it bother you?”
Chloe shrugged.
“If it did, would it change anything?”
“No, it wouldn’t.”
‘What the hell...?’ he didn’t want to say that. He wanted to tell her he didn’t want to hurt her, tell her he wanted her to be happy for him... tell her anything but the truth! Of course, the fact that he didn’t want to hurt her was true too, but... he loved Lana and he wasn’t going to break up with her because of Chloe.
“Why do you ask then?”
“Lana asked me to.”
Ok, there was officially a big problem with his mouth: he couldn’t seem to control it anymore and he said things he thought but didn’t want to say... that could be dangerous. He decided to leave before he said anything even more stupid and made a quick exit after mumbling something about chores. Chloe smiled and looked at her father.
“What was that?”
“That was Clark Kent trying to be honest.”
“Guess I’m just not used to it. So, why weren’t you here when I woke up?”
There was no reproach in her voice, only curiosity, and Gabe smiled.
“Mister Luthor told me I could take all the time off I wanted to, but I didn’t feel like waiting here, not knowing if you would wake up or not. I... you scared me, Chloe. You have no idea what I’ve been through for the last three days. When they called and told me what had happened... God, don’t ever do that again.”
She smiled weakly.
“I’ll do my best. Is it true that Lex stayed here the whole time?”
“I had to drag him out of your room to make him eat something. I didn’t know you two were that close.”
“We’re not.”
Gabe raised an eyebrow. The look on Lex’s face when the doctors had told them Chloe might never wake up said otherwise... He’d need to talk to his daughter about it. He knew his boss, knew that he rarely showed any emotion, and he had seen him at his worst those two days. His thoughts were interrupted by the door opening and he smiled at Pete before standing up, kissing his daughter on the forehead and telling her he’d come to pick her up the day after. Pete nodded at him and sat down where he had been.
“Hey, Chlo’! Ever thought of renting a room permanently here?”
“I’m beginning to seriously consider it. I heard Clark and Lana are dating?”
“Yeah, they are. And don’t tell me it was the first thing he told you... God, sometimes, he can be...”
“In love, Pete. He’s in love. Not something I can blame him for.”
“But it hurts anyway, doesn’t it?”
“Not as much as I thought it would have. Guess that’s a good thing.”
Pete nodded and then decided to change the subject.
“Do you know Luthor stayed here the whole time? I came to visit a few times, and he was always here. Usually talking to you, sometimes just holding your hand.”
“I know. He was there when I woke up. And... did you just talk about Lex without insulting him?”
Pete laughed.
“Aren’t you proud of me?”
“More afraid than proud: isn’t that one of the signs of the Apocalypse described in the Holy Bible?”
“I think it comes right after Chloe Sullivan getting over her crush on Clark Kent.”
Chloe slapped him on the arm but couldn’t hide her smile. In three days, many things had changed: Pete looked like he was getting along with Lex, Clark and Lana were together, she had dicovered she wasn’t in love with Clark anymore... but had it ever been love? Love didn’t disappear just like that... It didn’t matter anyway. What mattered was that she was happy for them and it didn’t hurt.
“So, do they know who was the guy who attacked us?”
“His name was Jeremiah Tomson, but that’s the only thing I know. I think Luthor knows more than that but he wouldn’t tell us. Why does that not surprise me? Anyway, if you wanna know, you’ll have to ask him.”
Chloe simply nodded, thinking about how she could make Lex tell her something he obviously didn’t want anybody to know.

TBC...

hfce
12th December 2003, 16:23
Oh great update. :biggrin:

Hope :chlexsign2:

scifichick774
12th December 2003, 16:56
Really great update. Sometimes filler is good for moving the plot along - and the Chlexy goodness was wonderful. More soon please.

sylvia
12th December 2003, 17:21
Great great great =) More!

(Sorry, I'd give more of a literary-sounding review, but I'm kinda in a hurry here =P)

carebear72884
12th December 2003, 17:50
yeah, an update, you are such an awesome writer, and then you leave us hanging like that, whats the deal?? i absolutly love this fic, update soon please, i need my chlex!!

Béatrice
12th December 2003, 18:34
Please update soon! I need to know what's going to happen! You can't just stop here. We need more.
:crygreen: :yay: :worship2:

autumngold
12th December 2003, 18:52
:yay2: I didn't think it was possible, but your story keeps getting better and better!! I love how Lex kept saying more than he wanted to around Chloe!! I can't wait for the next chapter where they see each other again!! Thank you for the update and this story!! :chlexsign3: :yay2:

Susie Q
13th December 2003, 04:57
Help, I can’t stop telling the truth! http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Embarrassed.gif Hee. I’m sure this little development will lead to some pret-ty interesting conversations. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/X_YES2.GIFI can’t wait to see how this story progresses!

moultipass1
13th December 2003, 06:32
A/N: wow, that was quick, don’t you think? reviews make me work faster *hint* ;) Well, don’t get used to it, because reviews or not, I don’t think it’s gonna be like that for every new chapter. I mean... real life does get in the way sometimes. More Chlex interaction in this one, but I’m not really sure if that’s a good thing… and you’re probably all going to hate me for where I ended it. :devil:

Chloe rolled her eyes when Lana asked her for the tenth time in as many minutes how she felt.
“Thanks for your concern, Lana. But I’m fine.”
Lana nodded and poured her another coffee. She looked like she could use it. Her face was paler than usual, except for the dark bags under her eyes. She had been released from the hospital the day before and had already came back to school, against the doctors’ advices, of course.
“Do you think Lex’s going to come today?”
“I don’t know. Why do you ask?”
“I have a few questions for him.”
“Well, looks like you’re going to have an opportunity to ask them.”
Chloe followed the other girl’s gaze to see the Talon’s door opening and the billionaire walking in. He seemed to be searching for something for a few seconds, then he spotted her, smiled, and talked with a waitress, motioning to her table. He made his way over to her, acknowledged Lana’s presence with a nod and sat down next to her.
“How do you feel?”
“Like if anybody asks me that again I’m going to strangle him or her.”
Lex chuckled as she took a sip of the coffee she hadn’t even noticed Lana pouring her. She couldn’t bring herself to pay attention to anything today. Clark walked through the door and Lana smiled at them before leaving to speak with him.
“What about you, Lex? How do you feel?”
“Guilty.”
The reply had escaped his lips before he could even think it. Chloe smirked.
“There’s nothing for you to feel guilty about, but if another interview makes you feel any better…”
He offered her a smirk of his own and thanked the waitress who had just brought him his coffee.
“Somehow I don’t think that’d be a good idea. Doesn’t look like they’re healthy for you.”
“Well, an interview with the Luthor heir is worth it.”
Was it the only thing she saw in him? A newsworthy billionaire? No, he didn’t think so… but still, now that the thought had crossed his mind, it would be hard to make it go away. His question must have shown on his face because she took his hand in hers and smiled almost shyly when he looked at her.
“That’s not what I meant. So, care to tell me who was the guy who tried to kill you... and me for that matter?”
“Jeremiah Tomson.”
He managed to hold back a disappointed sigh when she removed her hand.
“Thanks, I already knew that.” At his curious look, she added “Pete.”
He nodded but didn’t say anything else, so she asked:
“Did you know him?”
“No, I didn’t. But he did know me.”
“Yeah, I figured that. What did he want?”
‘Off the record?’ he wondered. But that’s not what he said and he silently cursed himself for that. Just because he loved her didn’t mean he could forget she was a reporter.
“He worked for EntNash. Apparently the deal I offered them didn’t suit them, they decided to get rid of me so they could work with my father… without me getting in the way.”
“Wait. Stop, rewind, playback. Two questions: first, isn’t that a little extreme? Second… a few days ago you didn’t want to admit LexCorp had offered EntNash a deal. Are you stoned?”
“Well… it is a little extreme, but… let’s say I didn’t exactly give them a choice.”
“What did you do?”
“I blackmailed them.”
“Ok, rewind again… you WHAT? No, forget I just said that. I’m not surprised you blackmailed them, I’m surprised… no: I’m amazed, that you admitted it, and to me! As I said before… are you stoned?”
He simply shook his head. He had no idea what was going on, all he knew was that he didn’t like it. He didn’t like it at all. While it was true that he had blackmailed EntNash in order to make them agree to the deal – an easy task considering the illegal activities of this corporation – he hadn’t intended to say it to anyone, of course. So why had he told that… to a reporter no less!
“Ok, you’re not stoned and I know you’re not drunk because you don’t smell like alcohol. So what’s wrong?”
“I have no idea. All I know is it seems I can’t lie to you.”
Ok, that didn’t exactly come out as he had intended it to, but at this point, it didn’t surprise him anymore. Chloe first looked confused and shocked, but she recovered quickly.
“What!? Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea, but I have to say it’s quite…”
“Strange?” he offered.
“Yeah.” she admitted.
Never one to pass such an opportunity, Chloe decided she wanted to know if he was just teasing her – which she doubted given that he looked as confused as she felt – or if he was telling her the truth.
“Alright, so, what do you know about EntNash?”
Lex immediately saw what she was doing and smirked, but as hard as he tried he couldn’t hold back the words that poured from his mouth.
“They have links with the mafia, but that had never been proven… until a few weeks ago, when one of my teams gave me rather explicit pictures of Michael Loring, the director. Since EntNash has always worked with my father, I figured I could use it against him and against EntNash. I decided to blackmail them into making deals with me instead of with him.”
“And it would make him lost one of his most powerful allies.”
“Exactly.”
“Why didn’t you go to the police or something… you know, try to take them down legally?”
He really shouldn’t answer that question. ‘I won’t, I won’t, I won’t… I will.’
“Business isn’t always about law. Even more so when you deal with my father. I want him out of the picture. Any means will do.”
‘I did.’
Now, she was officially freaked out. Not by what Lex had told her – she didn’t like it, but she knew sometimes underhanded methods were the best way to go. How many times had she broken into a house or something just as bad, or worse, for a story? – but by the fact that he had told her. Lex Luthor had always been a reserved person, she knew it from Clark and from her own experience with the billionaire, and not only was it unusual for him to confide in anybody, it was out of character too. She briefly wondered if that was Wall of Weird material. After all, they did live in Smallville. Anything was possible. Still dazed, she shook her head.
“Ok, I never thought I’d ever say that, but I think there are some things I don’t want to know.”
Lex smirked.
“That wasn’t a very reporter-like statement, Miss Sullivan.”
His smirked quickly disappeared when he noticed she hadn’t smirked back and wasn’t even looking at him. Her lower lip trembled slightly – from anger or sorrow, he couldn’t say – when she answered.
“You’re right, Mister Luthor. That’s because it was a friend-like statement. Something’s obviously wrong with you and I wanted to help. Despite what you may think, everything’s not about a good story for me.”
With that she left, bypassing Clark who was asking her where she was going, too quickly for him to even think about going after her. Damn, he had meant it as a joke, but she had obviously taken it the wrong way. She had looked like she had really been hurt by his teasing, and hurting her was the last thing he had wanted to do. He wondered why she had taken it so badly. It was not like they had never bantered before and she usually fought back when he threw her that kind of comments. So why…? That’s when it hit him. In Smallville, she had never been anything but the reporter, the editor of the Torch, the cute little blonde who chased stories about meteor freaks… and even though he knew she was more than this, most of the population of Smallville didn’t. The fact that she had wanted to be friendly with him and that he had reacted like everybody would have – making her notice the lack of professionalism in her concern – had probably been as hurtful as being left at the Prom by Clark all those months ago. Cursing himself for his stupidity, Lex stood up and left the Talon as well, leaving his now lukewarm coffee on the table, along with a few bills. Once in his car, he hesitated, weighing his options. He could drive home as if nothing had happened, which would probably not do wonders for his conscience, or he could go, find Chloe, and apologize… bad idea. If the conclusion he had come to earlier was the right one, it meant he couldn’t hide anything from her, and there were definitely some things he didn’t want her to know. Yeah, but on the other hand, he couldn’t bear the thought of her feeling bad… and feeling bad because of him at that. Shaking himself out of his inner conflict, he shrugged, trying to convince himself that it didn’t matter. She had never given a damn what people thought of her. They were hardly friends, so what he said to her probably wasn’t really getting to her. It was Chloe Sullivan he was thinking about… she’d get over it, didn’t she always? ‘What if she doesn’t?’ Lex sighed. What the hell was he supposed to do now?

TBC…

autumngold
13th December 2003, 07:19
:yay2: You posted another update!! :yay2: Poor Chloe!! Lex has to do something about hurting her feelings! She can't go on thinking that he doesn't care about her!!! :biggrin: In other words, update quickly!! :biggrin: :chlexsign4:

scifichick774
13th December 2003, 07:30
Yay for updates! This one was terrific. Love how the plot is coming into play. More soon please.

Susie Q
13th December 2003, 14:41
Decisions. Decisions. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/innerconflict.gif Poor Lex. He’s damned if he do and damned if he don’t. So how about another update? :yay2: I need to know 'will he' or 'won't he.'

Béatrice
13th December 2003, 14:46
:yay: Please more! :yay:

hfce
13th December 2003, 15:41
This is getting so good. More please in the name of God MOREEEEEE!!!!!! :worship2:

Hope :worship2:

gina
14th December 2003, 01:29
Lovely updates. I hope Lex sets things straight with Chloe soon.

I really like where this story is going. Can't wait for the next part! :biggrin:

carebear72884
14th December 2003, 04:42
Lex, what are you think? *points to chloe's house* go say your sorry now, it will make things better, i promise, go NOW.

great story, i love it, i cant wait for more, i am a very impacient person, so you better update soon, please.

Lover
14th December 2003, 05:04
:biggrin: je c ce qu'il doit faire! Lui envoyer un bouquet de fleur ( :wub: des roses :wub: ) avec une carte d'exuse... Elle vas craquer! :blush:

:worship2: UPDATE SOON PLEASE!!!

peepsRfun2eat
14th December 2003, 05:46
:yay: :yay: you updated. i :wub: this story so much.

please update really soon. pretty please with a cherry on top?

vardaquareien
14th December 2003, 09:07
I should get sick more often! I come back and not only have you started a sequal, it's got three chapters already!!! *squee* This is wonderful so far, I really like the premise!!!

moultipass1
15th December 2003, 16:40
A/N: I’m trying to make their relationship progress slowly while keeping it interesting AND making the plot go on, and believe me, doing those three things at the same time is not exactly easy, so tell me what you think about it so I know if I have to change anything, please ! :biggrin:

“Honey, what’s wrong?”
A small and tired smile graced her features. Why could her dad always see when there was something bothering her? She shook her head.
“Nothing.”
Gabe frowned. He knew that smile. It was the one she had when she wanted to talk about something but didn’t know if that was a good idea, the one she tried to hide all her doubts behind.
“Liar.”
“But a pretty good one.”
“Only with other people, honey.”
“I know. I just… don’t wanna talk about it right now. Ok?”
Gabe nodded, but the word “no” escaped from his mouth. Surprised, Chloe raised an eyebrow.
“What?”
“I said ‘no’, honey. I don’t know why I did, but I did. I mean… I wanted to say ‘yes’ and I said ‘no’. What the…”
“Dad!” she interrupted.
“Yes?”
“Just shut up for a minute, please.”
Shocked that his daughter was talking to him like that, he simply nodded and watched as various emotions showed on her face. He knew she was in reporter mode: she was gently biting on her lower lip, a little frown was making her look older than she really was and her fingers were slightly moving in a sign of impatience, showing her irritation at the fact that she knew that she knew what she wanted to know but couldn’t put her finger on it. At that thought, Gabe smiled. No wonder his daughter could make speeches that made sense only to her.
Chloe was thinking hard, knowing she was forgetting something. First Lex, then her father… saying things they didn’t want to say… there was something missing here. Suddenly, it hit her. Clark. Telling her that her not wanting him and Lana dating wouldn’t change anything, then admitting it was Lana who had wanted him to ask. It was beginning to make sense. Was the entire Smallville population cursed with a truth spell? Was she infected as well? She didn’t think so since she had been able to lie to her dad just a few minutes earlier when he had asked her what was wrong, but she wanted to make sure.
“Dad, ask me something.”
“What?”
“Ask me something… anything… something you know I don’t wanna tell you the truth about.”
Knowing better than to argue with his daughter when she was trying to figure something out, he thought about it for a second, then an idea came to his mind.
“Were you really at the Torch office last month when I talked to you on your cell phone?”
Chloe smiled. She had been chasing a story, hidden behind a tree, eavesdropping a conversation between two of her teacher, when her cell phone had rang.
“Yes, I was.”
Ok, So, she wasn’t infected by whatever it was that seemed to have infected everybody. She needed to check her theory… what could she ask her dad that he wouldn’t want her to know… that was a hard one… he rarely ever lied to her, and when he did, it was only to protect her, she knew it… She was thinking about it when the doorbell rang and her father stood up to go and see who it was, knowing she was too deep in her thoughts to even think about going to the door.
“Chloe.”
At the sound of her name being called, she looked up only to find Lex in front of her. She sighed. What did he want? Like what he had said earlier wasn’t enough… What? Did he want to twist the knife a little deeper? Feeling the tension that was filling the room, Gabe decided to leave them alone. If the look on his daughter’s face was anything to go by, it meant what was bothering her had something to do with the young billionaire, and he’d let them sort things out by themselves. When they were alone, Lex started:
“Look, Chloe, I…”
“Don’t. You were right. All I’ve ever done was harass you until you grant me an interview and…”
“That’s not true and you know it. You’re one of the few people in this town who treat me like a human being, not like the Devil’s son, not like someone they can come to whenever they need something, and I appreciate that. Besides, if I really didn’t want you to interview me, do you think I would have agreed? What I said was unfair and I came here to apologize.”
“Wow.”
That was the only thing she could manage right now. Lex Luthor apologizing… it wasn’t something you saw everyday! At her lack of articulate answer, Lex let a little smile show on his lips.
“Did I just leave Chloe Sullivan speechless?”
“Didn’t you came to apologize?”
“That and other things. Shit! I did it again.”
Chloe looked confused for a few seconds before she realized what he was talking about.
“Saying things you don’t want to say?”
“Yeah.”
“Well, you’re not the only one. Looks like my Dad and Clark are infected as well. They both told me the truth about something they didn’t want me to know.”
“And... has that happened to you too?”
“No. Why?”
“You said they were infected as well but... if it happens with everybody you talk to, maybe...”
“Maybe I’m the one who’s infected by something” she finished.
He just nodded. She hadn’t thought about that, but he was right. It was just easier to imagine one person causing this than the whole population being infected by God knows what. Chloe smiled.
“I guess I should try to make sure...”
A panicked expression crossed his features but he hid it so fast she couldn’t be sure that it had ever be there, let alone that it had really been panick.
“Oh no... you won’t try on me.”
“Why not?”
“Because there are some things I don’t want you to know.”
He then realized what he had just said. This was really beginning to be a problem. If everytime she asked a question he told her the truth... she was smart, she’d soon know what questions she shouldn’t ask, and she’d ask them. Thinking he was talking about business, she smirked.
“Yeah, I bet. What an opportunity... too good to pass.”
“Chloe...” he warned.
She smirked.
“Let’s start. Tell me what you know about Tomson.”
Part of him was relieved that she thought about business first and didn’t ask anything about his feelings for her... but why should she? It wasn’t like she could know he had somehing to hide about that. Nobody knew... except for Lana that is, and he was still amazed at the fact that she had found out this easily. When he didn’t answer, she frowned.
“Hey! Aren’t you supposed to tell me the truth?”
“Yes, I am.”
“Then why don’t you?”
“I think it only works if you actually ask a question.”
“Oh. Well...”
“Chloe, don’t.”
“C’mon... It can’t be that bad!”
“You have no idea.”
He then glanced at his watch.
“Sorry Chloe, I have to go.”
When he didn’t elaborate, she asked:
“Are you trying to avoid me?”
“Yes, I am. Oh God... don’t... don’t take it badly, but...”
She tried to smile to tell him it was ok, but it didn’t quite work and the pain in her eyes was crystal clear.
“Chloe... you don’t understand. I...”
She didn’t let him finish, and her tone was bitter when she talked:
“Of course I don’t. I’m a reporter. I live for the truth. Things would be so much easier if people were honest with each other... but they’re not, and when I discover I have the power to make them be, I discover it makes them go away, too.”
He didn’t know what to say. It was true that he was afraid. Afraid of telling her he loved her, afraid it’d end up with her being hurt if there ever was something between them. How was he supposed to say that, to comfort her, without saying too much? He was still struggling to find the right words when they heard a noise at the door and they turned to see Lana coming in.
“Sorry, am I interrupting something?”
Lex sighed. He knew Chloe felt bad, and he knew he could make her feel better, but there was no way on earth he’d take the risk of putting her in any kind of danger, emotionally or physically.
“No, you’re not. I was just leaving anyway.”
Unable to understand the look of sadness and regret that crossed his face, Chloe watched, amazed, as Lex leaned toward her and whispered in her ear so that she would be the only one to hear it, his tone soundind more sincere that she would have ever thought a Luthor tone could sound:
“I’m sorry, Chloe.”
With that he left.

TBC...

scifichick774
15th December 2003, 16:57
*sniff*

Poor Chloe. I wish Lex would just tell her.

vardaquareien
15th December 2003, 17:11
Originally posted by scifichick774@Dec 16 2003, 01:57 AM
*sniff*

Poor Chloe. I wish Lex would just tell her.
Yep. Ditto!

Hmmm now that Blana's on the scene, that could prove pretty interesting...being that she's the only one that knows Lex's feelings for Chloe. I can't wait to see how a conversation between the two of them goes!!!

autumngold
15th December 2003, 18:37
I don't blame Lex for wanting to protect Chloe from his world! When even his own dad is trying to destroy him! But Chloe needs to prove to him that she's strong enough to help him! Please!! :chlexsign4:

katspell
15th December 2003, 18:59
:yay: stupid lana always interupting....
Loving it, more please.

Susie Q
15th December 2003, 21:24
What’s that saying? "You always hurt the one you love." Maybe Chloe should just break Lex’s kneecaps so he can’t keep running away. Hmm…that sounded way more violent than I intended. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/confused60.gif Anyways, looking forward to the next update. :biggrin:

carebear72884
15th December 2003, 21:29
yeah!!! he apoligised!!! i knew he would, i just knew it!!! that made my day, it could only be better if he told her how much he loved her, but we cant have everything can we?, so i will have to hope that good things come to those who wait, and that those good things are Chlexy!!

hfce
15th December 2003, 23:35
Oh poo I feel so bad for them.

gina
16th December 2003, 03:45
Great chapter. I'm loving where this is going. I can't wait for Chloe to ask Lex or maybe Lana some more questions, hehe.

Please update soon! :yay:

peepsRfun2eat
17th December 2003, 06:02
:yay: :yay: an update *doing happy dance* ok loved that chapter and when lex said he was sorry :wub: . ok but agian please update!

please?

please?

pretty please with sugar on top?

moultipass1
17th December 2003, 15:13
A/N: short chapter, I know, and way too much Lana, I know that too. Believe me, I don’t like having to give her so many lines, but I need her, given that she’s the only one who knows about Lex’s feelings for Chloe. Hopefully I managed to make her bearable and you won’t hate me too much. :biggrin: Anyway, I'm the author, I do whatever I want to. :tease: And Susie Q, remind me to never piss you off! :blinkkiss:

“What was that about?”
“I have no idea.” Chloe answered honestly.
“What was he doing here?”
“Doesn’t matter. He kinda freaked out when we discovered he couldn’t help but tell me the truth and...”
“What?”
Lana wouldn’t believe it without a proof, she knew it. She wouldn’t have either. What question could she ask Lana that Lana wouldn’t want to answer to under normal circumstances? An idea crossed her mind and a smirked that could have rivaled Lex’s appeared on her lips.
“Lana, do you have anything to hide?”
“Of course I do.”
Her eyes grew wide with realization. She had always told Chloe that she didn’t have anything to hide, that she always said the truth because she thought it made things easier... What the hell was happening? She saw Chloe’s smile and tried unsuccesfully to conceal her blush by putting a hand in front of her face. The reporter chuckled, fighting the urge to press her into telling her what she didn’t want people to know.
“Do you believe me now?”
“Yeah. No wonder Lex freaked out.”
“I know. He doesn’t want a reporter to know how he conducts his deals.”
She said it with a small smile that didn’t quite hide her hurt at the fact that Lex didn’t trust her because she was a reporter. Like Clark... wait a minute! When on earth had she started comparing Lex and Clark? Sure, they were both attractive, each in his own way, but that was about the only thing they had in common other than their friendship. Lex was smarter, sexier, bull headed – when had she began to consider it a quality? – more mysterious. Suddenly her mind went to a halt. Had she thought sexier? Well... he was. Chloe hardly bit back a groan. ‘Oh God... this can not be happening... I do not have a crush on Lex Luthor!’
“That’s not what I meant.”
Lana’s sentence snapped her out of her thoughts. Lana regretted saying the words as soon as they came out of her mouth. Well, actually, she regretted saying the words as soon as she saw the spark in Chloe’s eyes and realized she was now in full reporter mode.
“What do you mean?”
“I mean he has things to hide from you, but it’s not business related.”
When she saw Chloe opening her mouth, she raised a hand to prevent her from saying anything.
“Please, Chloe, don’t ask me. I... I shouldn’t have said anything. You can’t learn it from me.”
Chloe sighed.
“Alright, I won’t ask. But... do you realize what this means? I could know everything I want to know, everything I’ve ever wanted to know... like... I don’t know... God, there are so many things... Does my dad still miss my mum? What’s Clark secret? Why am I a meteor freak magnet?”
Lana laughed at that and wondered why she didn’t feel the need to answer those questions. Chloe read the question in her eyes and shrugged.
“They’re just rethorical questions, I’m not really asking them. I guess that’s why.”
“What are you gonna do?”
Chloe sighed again. She couldn’t do anything. People already didn’t like it when she asked questions, if she used her new – what was it? power, gift? Whatever – if she used it, they would never trust her again. She didn’t want to take that risk. She couldn’t put her relationships in danger because of her journalist instincts.
“Nothing.”
A surprised look crossed Lana’s features.
“Why? I mean... isn’t that every reporter’s dream?”
“Yes, it is, but... I can’t. If I start asking questions, if I learn the truth about everything, people will run away from me.”
“You mean you, Chloe Sullivan, are going to stop asking questions? When did I enter the Twilight Zone?”
Chloe shrugged. It was going to be hard to go against her very nature, but she really didn’t have a choice.
“I don’t want what happened with Lex to happen with anybody else.”
Lana bit down on her lower lip, wondering if she should ask the question she had in mind. Chloe noticed her hesitation and before she could prevent herself from doing it, she asked:
“What are you thinking about?”
It was going to be even harder than what she had originally thought!
“I was wondering if I should ask you what you’re gonna do about Lex.”
“What about him?”
“You have to interview him.”
“Technically, I don’t. The Torch’s doing well, I don’t need it.”
“I wasn’t talking about the Torch. Oh God... don’t ask, please. But I mean it: you must ask him. He needs you to know, even though he doesn’t want to admit it. I don’t wanna be the one to tell you. You have to learn it from him.”
Chloe opened her mouth to ask her housemate what the hell she was talking about, but quickly closed it, remembering she had decided not to ask questions. What could she do... she wanted to know, but was it worth risking everything? Was it worth risking her sort of friendship with him? Chloe shook her head. Whatever it was she had with Lex, she didn’t want it to end and she knew it would if she did what he would take as a betrayal by forcing him to tell her the truth about whatever it was that Lana was talking about.
“I can’t.”
Lana winced at that. She liked Lex, she liked Chloe, and they were perfect for each other, she just knew it. Lex was afraid of Chloe getting hurt, and Chloe... well, she supposed she was afraid of loosing Lex’s friendship, or something like that. She didn’t even know what Chloe’s feelings for Lex were, but she was certain there was more to it than what everybody saw. She had seen them together enough often to notice the way Chloe’s face lit up whenever they were bantering. She knew that now Lex had made up his mind, he wouldn’t come back on his decision. Nobody could convince him, except for Chloe. The problem was that Chloe was just as stubborn as Lex. So what could she say to convince her to talk to him? Chloe moved, obviously with the intention of leaving the room, but Lana suddenly had an idea. One of Chloe’s few weaknesses was her curiosity, even though it was one of her strength too. All she had to do was perk this curiosity, and Chloe’d do the rest. Just as Chloe was passing the door, she called after her.
“Ask him about the woman we were talking about the other day at the Talon.”

TBC...

vardaquareien
17th December 2003, 15:50
Originally posted by moultipass1@Dec 18 2003, 12:13 AM
“Ask him about the woman we were talking about the other day at the Talon.”

Oooh clever way out of a sticky situation!!! That just proves that this Lana is OC coz the real Blana would never come up with an intelligent idea!!! THis actually makes your Lana tolerable so I don't mind that there was so much Lana in this chap, at least they were talking about Lex!!! I can't wait to see what happens when Chloe asks Lex this question!!! *rubs hands together in anticipation*

I really love this fic!!!

Béatrice
17th December 2003, 15:56
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Please updade soon&#33;</span>

asharnanae
17th December 2003, 16:58
:biggrin: aghhhh&#33;&#33; this is sooo good&#33;&#33;&#33; Plaese more soon, you answer one hunger then give me a biger one&#33;&#33; please&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :worship2: :worship2:

katspell
17th December 2003, 17:04
:biggrin: I love Chloe in this, the power to have exactly what she&#39;s always wanted (everyone to have to answer her questions) and the smarts to know it might not be a good idea I LOVE IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
:worship2:
Please more soon&#33;&#33;&#33;

hfce
17th December 2003, 18:18
I love this more please....

Hope :biggrin:

autumngold
17th December 2003, 19:23
Poor Chloe&#33; To have the ability to find out the answers to all your questions, but knowing that if you ask you&#39;ll lose all of your friends&#33;&#33; Will she take Blana&#39;s bait? Maybe jealousy will make her approach Lex&#33;&#33; Please update again soon&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait for more Chlex&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

carebear72884
18th December 2003, 01:47
hehe, i just love this fic, it is so wonderful, i just hope that chloe goes and asks lex about "that woman", hehe, soo good, please update, i need something to relive the stress of finals.

scifichick774
18th December 2003, 02:50
Ooh - really nice update. I&#39;m surprised that Lana wasn&#39;t selfish and asked for Chloe to ask Clark about his secrets, but it&#39;s good that she kept her mind on track for the Chlex. More soon please.

gina
18th December 2003, 08:52
Heh, I like Matchmaker Lana. She sees the Chlex chemistry and is pushing for them to get together. It&#39;s nice to see her thinking about something else for a change. Now, Chloe better take the hint and go ask Lex some more questions.

I&#39;m loving this fic, please update soon&#33;

Susie Q
18th December 2003, 13:30
I have to agree with Renee. That was an unnaturally clever comment from our beloved princess. The question is ‘will Chloe follow up on it?’ http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/aeh.gif She’s all paranoid now about jeopardising her relationship with Lex. And it didn’t help that he ran from her house like the hounds of hell were after him. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Can’t wait for the next update. :yay2:

Originally posted by moultipass1@Dec 17 2003, 07:13 AM
And Susie Q, remind me to never piss you off&#33; :blinkkiss: Who…lil’ old me? http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Angel2.gif Why I’m perfectly harmless. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Devious.gif

moultipass1
19th December 2003, 21:26
A/N: the shortest one yet I think… but I promise I’m gonna try to hurry up for the next one… even more so given the threats I’m probably going to receive when you see where I ended this one&#33; :tongue: lol

Chloe sighed. She’d been waiting here for the past ten minutes, wondering what to do. When she’d parked her car, she’d been sure she was doing the right thing, but the Luthor mansion before her was pretty impressive, and the sight had taken her confidence away. Lana’s sentence had intrigued her and she had decided she wanted to know what there was to know, even if it meant risking her friendship with the billionaire. She had refused to acknowledge the feeling she had quickly recognized as jealousy at the mention of the woman, not wanting to have to dwell on what the fact that she had actually felt it meant. A question was repeating over and over again in her head: why did Lana think she needed to know? This question needed an answer, and there was no way on earth she’d be able to rest until she found it. Her decision finally made, she nodded to herself and got out of her car.

“Mister Luthor, there’s a Miss Sullivan here to see you.”
‘Damn&#33;’ Lex didn’t answer. What was she doing here? Could he take the risk of seeing her? He noticed the housekeeper was watching him, waiting for his orders. Sighing, he nodded.
“Thanks, Mary. Show her in, please.”
She gave a curt nod of her head and left the room. A few minutes later, Chloe walked in and he stood up to greet her, offering her a smirk.
“Chloe. To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?”
Her voice showing way more confidence than she felt, she answered:
“I have a few questions to ask you.”
“Chloe, I told you…”
“I know what you told me. But Lana was pretty convincing.”
‘Lana? Looks like I’m gonna have to re-evaluate the Talon agreement.’ Lex winced. If she had talked to Lana, it meant she knew what he didn’t want her to know. But then what was she doing here? No, she probably didn’t know. She wouldn’t have come here otherwise. Ok, maybe she would have, but she probably wouldn’t be as calm as she was now. He needed to make sure.
“What did Lana tell you?”
Chloe shrugged.
“Just enough for me to be curious, but not enough for me not to need coming here looking for answers.”
Well, that was cryptic, but true. At Lex inquisitive glance, she decided to elaborate, but not to ask questions… yet.
“She told me to ask you about the woman we were talking about a few weeks ago. Remember?”
“Yeah.”
He didn’t say anything else and Chloe hesitated once more before deciding to jump into the cold water.
“Was Lana right when she said you’re in love with someone?”
“Yes. But Chloe, please, don’t…”
“I don’t understand… I mean… isn’t love a wonderful thing? Shouldn’t you be happy with her instead of miserable alone?”
“It is and I should.”
“Then why isn’t it this way?”
“Because she doesn’t know I love her.”
Chloe shot him an incredulous look.
“What? Are you telling me that Lex playboy Luthor’s in love but too afraid to do anything?”
“Yes, I am.”
She shook her head, unable to believe it. Lex could have any woman he wanted and he knew it. So what the hell was he afraid of? Rejection? Certainly not, that was just too un-Lex like. But what else? She suddenly remembered something he had told her once: ‘I’ve lost many people in my life, Miss Sullivan, and no pain can be compared to the one of losing someone you love.’ She whispered:
“You’re afraid of losing her…”
When there was no answer, she reformulated:
“Are you afraid of losing her?”
“Yes, I am.”
Chloe felt her heart constrict at those words. Who was that woman who meant so much to Lex that he was willing to let her live her life without her being aware of the depths of his feelings for her in order to protect her? Chloe sighed. She wished one day she would be this kind of woman. Someone a man cared about enough to sacrifice his happiness for her… even though she knew it would make her feel horrible&#33; If she were totally honest with herself, Chloe would admit she wished she would be the very woman Lex was talking about, not just that kind of woman. She wasn’t ready to admit it. Yes, she had discovered and admitted that she had a crush on Lex, but she refused to accept the fact that maybe it was more than just a crush. It was just more than she could bear at the moment.
“Don’t you think it should be her choice to make?”
“No. If something ever happened to her, I could never forgive myself.”
He turned away from her, avoiding her gaze. He couldn’t look at her right now. He knew what her next question would be… it was the one he had been dreading since they had found out about her power. He prepared himself for what he knew was to come. ‘Please, Chloe, don’t ask…’ he thought. But he didn’t say anything. He knew she was here to get answers, she wouldn’t leave until she got them. No need to tell her again he didn’t want her to know certain things. She knew it. She just couldn’t, wouldn’t let it drop. Lex shivered as the words he had been expecting and dreading came out of her mouth.
“Who is she?”

TBC…

hfce
19th December 2003, 22:28
Oh wow I feel so bad for them :crygreen: more please..

Hope :crygreen:

Béatrice
20th December 2003, 00:19
I shouldn&#39;t enjoy to be in Lex&#39;s shoes. This is a really stressful situation. :blush:

MORE... MUCH MORE&#33; :worship2:

carebear72884
20th December 2003, 04:52
AHHHHHHHHHHH&#33; You werent kidding about those life threats, and i am not below makeing them. how on earth could you just leave it like that????? you must update, you must, like i said, i am not below life threats, and you will regret not updating soon, i must know lex&#39;s responce and how chloe reacts to it. update now&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Lover
20th December 2003, 04:54
<span style='color:red'>:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: PPPPLLLLEAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: </span>

Susie Q
20th December 2003, 06:03
Threats? Us? http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Halo.gif Nah. On the other hand you never know if an angry mob might get out of hand. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Demonstration.gif So I think you should probably invest in some riot gear or come up with an update reeeaal soon. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/heverbryn.gif

Lulucifer
20th December 2003, 07:15
Oh my god, that&#39;s a horrible cliffhanger&#33; U can&#39;t keep us waiting....please update soon.

peepsRfun2eat
20th December 2003, 08:36
NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; you can&#39;t just leave it there&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ugh&#33;

but you seriously have to get back here and update pronto&#33;&#33;&#33;

come on, now&#33;&#33;&#33;

please? with sugar on top?

Shay
20th December 2003, 16:59
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Update&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

moultipass1
21st December 2003, 03:03
A/N: told you I’d hurry up&#33; :biggrin: Here it is: one more reason to hate Clark (like we don’t have enough reasons&#33;) and one reason to wait for the next chapter&#33; Hope Lex isn’t too OOC in this chapter, but I’m not really sure about it… Anyway, read and enjoy (hopefully)

Lex shivered as the words he had been expecting and dreading came out of her mouth.
“Who is she?”
He closed his eyes. He had managed to hide it for months, he could hold on a bit longer… ‘I don’t have to answer. Whatever it is that’s infecting her, it won’t work this time. It can’t be that powerful. I don’t have to answer.’ He had almost convinced himself when the word crossed his lips.
“You.”
There it was… the point of no-return. He couldn’t do anything now. She knew. He opened his eyes to look at her. She was apparently too shocked to react.
Chloe’s first reaction was to blink once, twice. Her second reaction was an unexpected one: she burst out laughing.
Half-stunned, half-hurt, Lex watched as she fell into a chair, unable to stand when her laughter was shaking her body so hard.
Chloe didn’t know what had infected her, but she knew it had worn off. Lex had been able to joke, to lie to her, which meant her ‘power’ didn’t work anymore.
What was so funny about what he had just told her? It took him a few seconds to realize that she hadn’t taken it seriously, that she thought he was joking.
When she had finally calmed down, Chloe looked up at Lex, her eyes still sparkling with humour. However, the spark quickly disappeared and was replaced by confusion when he knelt in front of her so he was now the one to look up and took her hand in his.
Lex swallowed hard. What was he doing? Did those months of hiding his feelings meant nothing? Didn’t he remember why he had decided not to act on them in the first place? What was he about to do? And more importantly, could he do it? He took a deep breath and began to speak.
“I didn’t want you to find out this way. Actually, I didn’t want you to find out at all, but… I love you Chloe. So much it hurts. I’ve never felt anything near what I feel for you, and it scares me. It scares me that every time I see you I feel like nothing can go wrong, it scares me that I miss you when you’re not around. It scares me that I depend on you so much. And more than anything, it scares me that I know I’d be lost without you. You have no idea how much you mean to me… Hell, even I didn’t know it until a few days ago. I knew I loved you, but when we learnt you might never wake up… God, it was like the whole word was crashing down. I’ve cried only a few times in my life. At my brother’s funerals, at my mum’s funerals, and when you were at the hospital. I felt like if you died, I could never be myself again. How many times did I nearly tell you… I’ve lost count. And every time there was only one thing stopping me: the knowledge that if I ever let you know, you’d be hurt. Like every other person I’ve loved. And I can’t bear the thought of you getting hurt.”
He stopped. He had said everything there was to say, it was her turn to speak. He tried not to let his emotions – fear, hope, love, nervousness – appear on his face as he waited for her to say something, anything. A small smile graced his lips at her silence.
“I believe that’s the second time I’ve left you speechless, Chloe” he teased.
She jumped slightly at those words and it seemed to snap her out of her trance. She looked down at their intertwined hands, then back at his face reading the sincerity in his deep blue eyes. She let out the breath she hadn’t realize she’d been holding.
“Wow. I… I don’t know what to say, Lex.”
“Nobody’s asking you to say anything.”
They were silent for a few seconds before Chloe spoke up.
“I… I didn’t know.”
“You weren’t supposed to.”
Chloe nodded and fell silent once more. Lex sighed.
“Look, Chloe, I know you didn’t expect that, and I’m not asking anything from you. Except… I want you to promise me one thing.”
She motioned for him to continue, not trusting her voice.
“Promise me that whatever happens, we’ll still be friends.”
Her lips curled up into a shy smile.
“Will friends be enough for you?”
“No. But I’d rather have you as a friend than not having you in my life at all.”
She had always thought that kind of lines were lame, but now… well, now, she understood they could be romantic, when said by the right guy. The right guy? Her thoughts were interrupted by Lex. He put a finger on her chin, making her raise her head to look at him.
“I won’t pressure you into doing anything, Chloe, I swear. I love you so much words aren’t enough.”
Chloe smiled and, taking a deep breath, made up her mind.
“Why don’t you try actions, then?”
It took him a few seconds to realize that she had really said it out loud, that it wasn’t just his imagination. When it finally hit home, he smiled, a real smile showing his happiness. He stood up and offered her a hand. She took it and stood up as well, smiling too. One of his hands wrapped around her waist, holding her closer to his body, while the other one tangled in her hair. Her arms sneaked behind his neck, pulling him down to meet his lips… before a cough interrupted them and they jumped away from each other. Lex recovered first.
“Clark&#33; What are you doing here?”
“Shouldn’t I be the one asking that kind of questions” he asked, referring to the position he had found them in.
Lex smirked, knowing full well what he was talking about but deciding to mess up with him just a little.
“Well... I do live here.”
“Yeah. Chloe almost fell and you caught her.”
Not knowing how to react, Chloe just smiled. Her hesitation only lasted for a second before she answered.
“Actually, we were just about to kiss, and you interrupted rather roughly. Would you mind getting out and coming back in… say a year or two?”
Lex’s smirk grew into a smile at her words. She was admitting to Clark they had been about to kiss, which meant that she hadn’t been just caught in the heat of the moment, that she was aware of what she was doing, and more importantly that she wasn’t in love with the farmboy anymore. Clark laughed.
“Actually, I would mind. I’d miss you too much. But I guess I can get out and see you tomorrow at school.”
“Thanks” Chloe answered.
Just as he was about to leave, Clark jokingly added:
“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t.”
“That leaves us with playing cards and staring at each other.”
Lex chuckled at Chloe’s answer and Clark pouted, before finally leaving the room. Chloe turned to Lex, who smiled softly at her.
“Now, where were we?”

TBC...

scifichick774
21st December 2003, 03:17
The playing cards bit? Terrific&#33; Loved these whole last two chapters.

hfce
21st December 2003, 03:34
That was a great update. I loved it :wub:

autumngold
21st December 2003, 04:58
You just can&#39;t leave the story there&#33;&#33; I really want them to kiss&#33;&#33; Please&#33;&#33; I love the last two updates&#33;&#33; :biggrin: I can&#39;t wait to find out what will happen next in your story&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

vardaquareien
21st December 2003, 06:41
You&#39;re such a quick updater&#33; I love you so much&#33;&#33;&#33; Great two chapters, &#39;cept that they still haven&#39;t kissed&#33;&#33;&#33; :badboy: Bloody Clunk&#33;&#33;&#33; I luv Chloe&#39;s reply to his interruption though&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait for your next update&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:

gina
21st December 2003, 14:39
Ooh, that was great&#33; Yay for Lex telling Chloe his feelings. I can&#39;t wait for them to get back to their kiss&#33; More soon please&#33;

Susie Q
21st December 2003, 17:31
Yay for Chloe taking the bull by the horns and going to see Lex and double yay for Lex telling Chloe how he really feels about her. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Clap-Hands.gif Although I suppose he didn’t have much of a choice on that. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/ohwell.gif Oh well, it turned out all good except for Clunk with his impeccable timing. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/rolleye10.gif How dare he interrupt ‘The Kiss.’ On the plus side, I guess he’s always good for comic relief.
Originally posted by moultipass1@ Dec 20 2003, 07:03 PM
Just as he was about to leave, Clark jokingly added:
“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t.”
“That leaves us with playing cards and staring at each other.” :hehe: :hehe:
Now hurry with the next update so we can get back to this kiss. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/browsanta.gif

Lulucifer
21st December 2003, 19:17
Yay&#33;&#33; That was a great update. Chloe and Lex are finally together.

peepsRfun2eat
22nd December 2003, 03:42
let me just say i love that you are such a quick updater. and yes stupid clark and chloe&#39;s line about playing cards and staring at one another was classic.

but yet they still have not kissed so update&#33;&#33;&#33;

please?

carebear72884
22nd December 2003, 04:47
Yeah&#33;&#33; This is going so well, but now i am afried, very afried, because i know this is angst, and this story isnt very angsty, so something terrible is going to happen, i can tell, get back and update soon.

Lover
23rd December 2003, 08:16
Originally posted by Susie Q@Dec 21 2003, 04:31 PM
Now hurry with the next update so we can get back to this kiss.
I second that.........

ps: I :crygreen: sooo much when Lex was talking:

“I didn’t want you to find out this way. Actually, I didn’t want you to find out at all, but… I love you Chloe. So much it hurts(...)till the end

Can someone tell me where you can find gus like that?

moultipass1
23rd December 2003, 13:18
only in fanfics, lover&#33; lol
au passage, j&#39;adore ton poème

PS: sorry if you thought it was an update, I&#39;m working on it&#33;

Lover
24th December 2003, 04:37
only in fanfics, lover&#33; lol

:crygreen: Why...huh... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????????????

au passage, j&#39;adore ton poème
:wub: merci... :hug: ta la chance de parler a une poète ( on va dire...) :blinkkiss:

moultipass1
24th December 2003, 16:32
A/N: Miss me? Guess not, because I know *nobody* was waiting for the kiss… :blinkkiss: Merry Christmas to everybody&#33;

He didn’t answer, he was too busy trying to process what had just happened. Chloe Sullivan had just told Clark Kent to get out so she could go back to her kiss with Lex Luthor. ‘I’d be less surprised if I was told my dad’s an angel came to earth to make good deeds.’ He looked down at Chloe who seemed to be wondering what he was thinking about and smiled. Not knowing what to say, he decided she was right: actions sometimes spoke louder than words. He leaned towards her, his smile growing wider when her eyes fluttered closed.
Their lips finally met, and Chloe instantly remembered what she had thought a few minutes earlier: the right guy... there was no doubt about it now – if there ever had been: the feeling was incredible enough for her, Miss Realistic, to suddenly believe fairy tales were maybe more than fiction. The kiss was gentle, too gentle: she wanted to feel more, wanted to know what it was like to really kiss the guy she was slowly realizing she had fallen for a longer time ago than she had first thought.
Her tongue teased his lower lip, silently pleading for entry and she groaned with satisfaction when his mouth instantly opened, allowing their tongues to dance together. God, this was what heaven felt like, she was sure. Her hands climbed the way up his chest, linking behind his neck, her thumb tracing soft circles at the base of his hairless head. He moaned at the sensation and his hands fell on her hips, bringing her closer to his body.
When the need for air became an issue, they broke the kiss, both panting heavily. He rested his forehead against hers, not quite believing this wasn’t just a dream. The whisper escaped his lips before he had time to remind himself he had already told her. It just felt more real when said out loud.
“I love you, Chloe.”
“Yeah, I think I get that.”
There was something more behind her sarcasm, he could hear it in her voice, feel it in the way her body tensed almost imperceptibly against his. Frowning, he opened her eyes to see her smiling uneasily at him.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing.”
“Chloe...”
She had forgotten how hard it was to lie to Lex Luthor. She guessed it was even harder when he was as kind as he was now, and when genuine concern could be read in his eyes. When he had kissed her, she had been sure this was the right thing, she just knew it was what she always wanted to feel, but now... well, now, reality hit, hard. It was just a kiss, as amazing as it had been, and you didn’t fall in love with someone just because of a kiss. Sure, she had never felt this way before, but she had never loved either, how could she tell she loved him if she had nothing to compare her feelings for him to? She shook her head.
“I... I just can’t... you know, I...”
Realizing if she continued like this she was going to ramble, she stopped, took a deep breath and started again.
“I don’t know what I feel, Lex. I can’t say it back. Not now. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to.”
He nodded. He hadn’t even expected her to respond to his kiss the way she had, he couldn’t ask her to love him just like that. He knew love wasn’t a feeling that could be controlled. Hell, he’d tried. If it was, he would have stopped feeling it, just to make sure he’d never be hurt again. Misunderstanding his silence, she sighed.
“Look, it doesn’t mean I don’t feel it, just that I don’t now if this is what I feel. I... I need...”
“Time.”
“Yeah.”
“I respect that.”
If he kept talking to her like that, understanding her and telling her the exact things she needed to hear, with a softness in his voice she’d never heard before, she’d melt. Her smile didn’t have anything to do with the one she&#39;d had when he’d asked her what was wrong: it was now a full Chloe Sullivan megawatt smile, and he couldn’t help but smile back, before his lips became occupied with something else: Chloe’s mouth on his. He was surprised at first but didn’t waste time in thinking when all his body wanted to do was respond to her with as much passion as she was putting in her kiss.
When she pulled away, it was his turn to smile.
“What was that for?”
“For what you just said, for loving me, for trying to protect me, for everything. Thank you, Lex.”
“You’re welcome.”
She nodded and got out of his embrace.
“You know, I said I didn’t want to use this gift because I don’t wanna risk my relationships with people, but... I guess it can’t hurt to use it with people I don’t give a damn about...”
Easily reading her mind, he shook his head.
“No way, Chloe.”
“I’m not asking your permission.”
“Look, I know your stubbornness is part of you and I love it too, but just this time, could we forget what you want?”
“Nope.”
“It’s dangerous.”
“Yeah... and when have you ever known me to renounce because of a danger?”
“Never” he admitted. “But that doesn’t mean I have to agree with you on that.”
“Hey&#33; Aren’t you supposed to agree with me on everything?”
“No, I’m not. I’m supposed to be the reasonable one when you have crazy ideas like this one.”
She laughed at that.
“C’mon&#33; Don’t tell me you’ve never thought about it. He has so many things to hide. Don’t you want to discover what your dad’s secrets are?”
“I do. Just not if it puts you in any kind of danger.”
She shrugged.
“Well, I’ll go anyway, either you come with me, or I’ll go alone.”
He sighed and nodded. What the hell was she getting herself into?

TBC...

Pam
24th December 2003, 17:00
I love it&#33; A great update, but please never let us wait this long again. :worship2:

katspell
24th December 2003, 17:18
an update YIPEE&#33;&#33;&#33;
I love it. They are going to destroy Lionel&#33;&#33;&#33; :hammer: Get him guys.
This is sooooo much fun. Thanks for the great update, it was a great present&#33;&#33;&#33;

Susie Q
24th December 2003, 19:41
Aww… you gave us chlex smoochies for Christmas http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Squeeze.gif and the possibility of a Lionel down-fall. It’s just what I wanted too. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/icon_biggrin.gif And since you gave us such a nice Christmas present I won’t even bug you for an update right away. Yup, I’m gonna wait allllll the way until Monday before I harass you for further updates. :tongue:

moultipass1
24th December 2003, 19:43
Susie Q: Thanks for such goodness, your Highness&#33; :biggrin:

Lover
24th December 2003, 22:31
This chapter get me speechless... :ohmy:
Thank you, your too good for us&#33; :hug:
DON&#39;T FORGET TO UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :tease:

asharnanae
24th December 2003, 23:51
:biggrin: :worship2: cant wait&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

peepsRfun2eat
25th December 2003, 08:52
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

alright gonna stop on these guys.

i am so happy you updated and i loved it.

they kissed&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

alright spiked egg-nog all around. :biggrin:

gina
25th December 2003, 12:38
Wonderful update. I loved the kiss&#33; :biggrin:

Can&#39;t wait for the next part&#33;

autumngold
26th December 2003, 05:34
:love: I love your update so much&#33;&#33; Please let Lex and Chloe find out enough from Lionel to lock him away for life&#33;&#33; Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Chlex smoochies&#33;&#33; That was great&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

scifichick774
26th December 2003, 15:33
*maniacal laughter*

Ooh - I can&#39;t wait to see what Lionel says...

vardaquareien
27th December 2003, 12:26
:yay3: Yay they kissed&#33;&#33;&#33; Whoo hoo&#33;&#33;&#33; :yay3:

I can&#39;t wait to see Chloe deal with the MB *rubs hands together in anticipation* This is gonna be fun&#33;&#33;&#33; :evilbat:

carebear72884
28th December 2003, 01:11
yeah, taking a break for christmas was well worth it to come back to all of this. I love it, i cant wait to see what chloe finds out about lex. it is going to be soo intresting. yeah.

Susie Q
29th December 2003, 21:43
Originally posted by moultipass1@Dec 24 2003, 11:43 AM
Susie Q: Thanks for such goodness, your Highness&#33;* :biggrin:
Yes, I’ve been very, very good. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Angel.gif I kept my promise. I didn’t harass you for four whole days. Four I tell ya. Oh, but lookie here. *looks at calendar* Hmm...is it Monday already? Yup, sure is. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/849.gif Okay that means break is over. I shall now commence with the harassment. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Wink2.gif So where’s the next update? *tugs sleeve* Come on, time to ante up. *poke poke* http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Poke.gif

sylvia
30th December 2003, 05:04
Yay&#33; Time to kick MB ass =)

moultipass1
1st January 2004, 04:37
A/N: Happy new year to you guys&#33; sorry about the delay (and thanks to Susie Q for waiting all this time ;) ) but I was on vacation and... no Internet. I don’t know how I managed to survive, but I did, and here’s the Lex/Lionel/Chloe conversation you’ve all been waiting for... although I suspect you’re gonna wait even more for the next part…

Seeing his son step inside the room without being told to do so, Lionel Luthor immediately understood something was up. Not bothering to tell the man at the other end of the phone he’d call him later, he hung up and watched as a blonde girl followed Lex and sat down on one of the two chairs.
Lex shook his head as he took place next to her. They had come all the way to Metropolis and to LuthorCorp’s building so she could ask questions to his dad, but if she kept showing that much confidence, she’d be out before she even had time to think about opening her mouth.
“Mister Luthor.”
“Miss Sullivan.”
“Should I be surprised that you know my name?”
“Your little stunt at my son’s house hasn’t gone unnoticed.”
“Should have guessed. But it doesn’t matter now. I’m here to ask you a few questions, Mister Luthor, and you’re going to answer them. And before you try anything against me, let me tell you this conversation is recorded as we speak and a friend of mine is listening. If anything bad was to happen to me... well, he’d know where to look for answers. Now that that’s sorted out, can we start?”
Lex fought the urge to shake his head once more. Bluff... if she thought Lionel Luthor would fall for that, she was in for a surprise. Amazed, he saw his father’s lips curl up to form a smirk. What the hell...? He then remembered his father didn’t know about Chloe’s gift. Ok... maybe Lionel was the one who was in for a surprise.
“What makes you think I’d try anything against a highschool reporter?”
Chloe frowned. The fact that he knew her name hadn’t really surprised her, but how did he know who she was and what she was doing? She smiled. What better way to find out than asking?
“How do you know who I am?”
“I investigated on you.”
Deciding not to let him enough time to wonder why he was telling her the truth, she immediately asked:
“Why?”
“That’s the second time you’ve been injured at the manor, I wanted to know more about you and to know why you were there in the first place. I haven’t heard anything about Lex’s friends except for the Kent boy, I was curious.”
“Do you know who attacked us?”
“Yeah.”
“Did you know him?”
“Yeah.”
“How?”
“He was one of the volunteers who worked for me in Level -3.”
“As a labrat?”
“Yes, that’s pretty much it.”
Lionel suddenly realized what was happening and he reached out for his phone, wanting to call security, but Lex shook his head and took the phone, putting it out of his reach. He then studied his father’s face, wondering what was bothering him. There was something unusual. Now if only he could put his finger on it... He was snapped out of his thoughts by Chloe’s voice.
“Is level -3 still working?”
“Yeah, but under another name, and somewhere else.”
That’s when Lex understood what was wrong with his father’s facial expressions... or lack of expressions. There was absolutely nothing. No surprise at the fact that he was telling the truth everytime a question was asked. Sure, he was used to his father’s mask – hell, he wore the same most of the time – but he knew him well enough to know that even he wouldn’t be able to hide his feelings at the fact that he was answering honestly to a reporter’s questions.
“You know.”
Knowing there was no use in denying it since if he lied Lex would make the reporter ask him and he’d have to tell the truth, Lionel simply nodded and smirked at the fact that the Sullivan girl seemed lost.
“What? He knows what?”
“What’s happening to you.”
“Jeremiah Tomson’s physical abilities had been increased by the red meteors, but there were a few side effects. Like this one. I guess he transmitted it to you when he attacked you, Miss Sullivan.”
“Then why don’t I have his strength and his other abilities?”
Lionel shrugged.
“I don’t know. The meteors are still a mystery for our scientists, they don’t know half of what there’s to know. That’s why we need labrats like him.”
“Are you the one who sent him to kill Lex?”
“No. It was really EntNash. But I knew.”
“Why didn’t you try to stop them?”
“Mostly because I didn’t know they’d hire Tomson. I thought they’d just send a killer, not a meteor mutant.”
“And how was that better?”
“If a plain killer could kill my son, he wouldn’t have reached the age of five, Miss Sullivan.”
Amazed, Lex raised an eyebrow.
“Was it a sign of trust in me I just heard in your words, dad?”
Lionel didn’t answer. Chloe decided to drop this topic and to get back to her abilities.
“Do you know how long it’ll last?”
“No. I know the effects are only there on a temporary basis, but how long... I have no idea. Could be a few hours as well as a few decades.”
“Great.”
“What, Miss Sullivan, aren’t you thrilled at the idea of knowing the truth about everything you’ve ever wanted?”
“Not really.”
There was a few seconds silence, before Chloe spoke up again, having finally come to a decision with the internal battle she had been having.
“Lex, I’d like to stay alone with your dad for a few minutes.”
Lex looked at her like she had grown a second head.
“No way.”
“Please. Nothing’ll happen. You don’t think he’d try anything while the conversation is recorded, do you?”
Lex smirked.
“Like he’ll fall for that kind of bluff...”
“Who said anything about bluff?”
Her face was so serious that he suddenly wondered, for the first time, if that story about a friend recording the scene was as imaginary as he had originally thought.
“I have serious troubles imagining Clark or Lana doing that kind of things.”
“Well, I do know other people than them.”
Not really convinced, but realizing she would find a way to talk to his dad alone anyway, he let out a defeated sigh and got out of the room. Chloe smiled and turned her attention back to Lionel.
“Well... now, we’re gonna be able to really talk.”

TBC...

sylvia
1st January 2004, 05:26
Interesting. And thank you for that new year&#39;s day update =)

vardaquareien
1st January 2004, 05:52
Oooooh so the MB knew...very interesting&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to find out why Chloe wanted to speak to him alone&#33;&#33;&#33;

autumngold
1st January 2004, 06:14
I can&#39;t believe that Lionel would let Chloe into his office knowing that he couldn&#39;t lie to her&#33; Excellent update&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to find out what Lionel will say to Chloe once they are alone&#33; Maybe he has the same mutant abilities as Chloe and she won&#39;t be able to lie to him?&#33;&#33; This story is so great, thanks for the update&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :yay2: :party2: Happy New Years&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

scifichick774
1st January 2004, 17:55
Hmm. Lex must be a lot more trusting than I remember him for this fic, but I&#39;m still looking forward to more.

katspell
1st January 2004, 21:39
:yay2: an update. I loved it. What exactly is she going to ask???? Hmmmmmmm.... I have a list starting with &#39;Briefs or Boxers?&#39;

carebear72884
1st January 2004, 22:22
hmm, this is getting very intresting....update soon.

hfce
2nd January 2004, 04:36
Yeah two updates for me. Its good to be back and read these great updates.
More please... :biggrin:

Béatrice
2nd January 2004, 15:38
I am wondering what Chloe is going to ask Lionel and doesn&#39;t want Lex to hear.
It&#39;s becoming very interesting.
Please update soon&#33; :chlexsign1:

moultipass1
2nd January 2004, 21:54
A/N: The MB/Chloe conversation… hope I managed to explain why Lex agreed to leave the room that easily, hope the fact that Lionel let Chloe interview him makes sense, hope Chloe not wanting Lex to hear the conversation is understandable… well, to cut it short, hope you enjoy it&#33;

Lex got out of the room and started pacing in the corridor, but he then realized what he was doing and he instantly stopped. What the hell was he doing here? He should be inside, making sure nobody got killed&#33; Yeah, but if he had stayed, his father would have understood what Chloe meant to him. He couldn’t protect her without putting her in more danger than she was already in, he was left with nothing to do but wait… and he hated that.
Lionel smirked. This girl looked like she wasn’t afraid of him, he’d give her that much.
“And what, may I ask, is such a sensible question that you didn’t want my son to hear my answer?”
She offered him a small smile. She was amazed that he had agreed to let her get in his office knowing about her power, but she wasn’t gonna complain. Not many people understood Lionel Luthor, and she wasn’t one of them. She wasn’t sure even he knew why he was doing certain things. Deciding to get straight to the point, she asked:
“Why did you say ‘mostly’ when I asked why you hadn’t tried to prevent EntNash from having Lex killed?”
“Because what I told you was not the only reason.”
Sure, technically, he had answered her question, but that wasn’t the answer she had wanted. She needed to learn to be more specific.
“Allow me to rephrase: what were the other reasons?”
“It was a test.”
Her eyes grew wide. The man in front of her was ready to jeopardize his son’s life just for… a test? What kind of monster was he? It then occurred to her that he hadn’t told what she had thought he would.
“Wasn’t it because you wanted him dead as well?”
“God no&#33;”
She had never thought she’d hear the word ‘God’ coming out of those lips&#33; But that didn’t matter: she had learnt Lionel Luthor didn’t want his son’s death, that was a big step. She had asked Lex to get out because she wanted to talk about him without him hearing the conversation. She suspected that deep inside he craved his father’s affection, even though he wouldn’t admit it, and probably hadn’t even admitted it to himself, and she didn’t want him to hear if his father said he wanted to kill him. Taking a deep breath, she decided to ask the question that had convinced her Lex had to get out.
“Do you love your son, Mister Luthor?”
“Yes. He probably wouldn’t believe it, but I do.”
“Then why do you keep making him think you don’t?”
“Emotions are a weakness. I don’t want him – or anybody else for that matter – to know I care about him because it could be used against me.”
“There’s something I don’t understand. Why are you letting me stay here knowing you can’t lie to me? Why did you let me in at all?”
Lionel smirked. He had heard about Chloe Sullivan – ok, he had investigated on her – and he hadn’t believe it when he had been told she seemed to have a gift to ask all the good – or bad, it depended on the perspective – questions, but it looked like he had been wrong: she really knew what to ask, and perhaps more importantly, when to ask it.
“At first I didn’t know you had inherited that power. I thought it was another one, or maybe none at all. When I understood… well, I had heard about the results of the experiments that had been led on Tomson, but I didn’t have a chance to actually see them, that was a good opportunity.”
“Is that all? I mean… You’re risking having to answer a reporter’s questions just so you can see the effects of one of your experiments?”
“That and… I’ve been following your work for a few weeks now. I wanted to see you.”
“Why?”
“Your theory about the meteors is pretty interesting. I wanted to talk about it with you.”
Chloe was speechless… or almost.
“That’s very flattering, Mister Luthor, but what makes you think I’d agree to talk with you?”
“I can be convincing when I want to.”
“What, you wanted to threaten me?”
“Not if I didn’t have to.”
“Do you really think I could tell you more than you already know?”
“No. But it was worth trying. Now, do you have anymore questions to ask?”
Ok, that was official: she was dreaming. Lionel Luthor had just asked her if there was anything she wanted to know… about everything…
“About a thousand ones.”
Lionel smirked.
“I’m afraid that won’t be possible given my busy schedule. Now, Miss Sullivan, this conversation has been pretty enlightening, but I think we’re gonna have to put an end to it now.”
“What if I don’t want to leave?”
“Then I’ll really call security, this time. I am allowed to do so since your presence here could be considered as an intrusion.”
She hesitated a few seconds, but even though there were a million things she wanted to know about LuthorCorp, she had learnt the most important things, and she didn’t want to risk having to call her dad to get her out of jail. She stood up.
“Oh, and Miss Sullivan, please, say hi to Mike for me.”
As amazed as she was, she managed to keep her face calm. How the hell…? She simply nodded and walked to the door without saying another word or offering her hand to shake. Just as she was about to open the door and get out, she heard Lionel call her back. She stopped but didn’t turn.
“What’s your relationship with my son?”
“That would be none of your business.”
With that she got out and closed the door. Lionel’s lips then curled up into a knowing smile and he took his phone.

TBC…

katspell
2nd January 2004, 22:36
yippe, lots of questions cleared up. Fun.

Who is MIke? Is he the one listening?????

asharnanae
2nd January 2004, 23:44
:biggrin: fantastic update&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :worship2:

Béatrice
3rd January 2004, 02:23
This is so cute Lionel who admits that he cares about his son&#33; :wub:
Yes&#33; Who&#39;s Mike?

More... :biggrin:

Susie Q
3rd January 2004, 05:16
Well I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that Lionel knew about the whole never-tell-a-lie mutation, although I didn’t think he knew that it had somehow been transferred to Chloe :ohmy:. And nice catch on Chloe’s part regarding Lionel’s “mostly” qualifier http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/clap3.gif. In fact, that whole conversation provided quite the interesting little glimpse into the ‘Lionel Luthor logic’ :unsure:. Yeah, and add me to the “Who’s Mike?” bandwagon. Whoever he is, Chloe seemed pretty freaked that Lionel knew about him although she hid it well. Hmm….how is it that you manage to answer one set of questions only to bring up a dozen more? http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/heverbryn.gif Looking forward to this next update. :yay3:

sylvia
3rd January 2004, 06:54
Hm... not the way I expected it to turn out, but intriguing none the less :) I can&#39;t wait to see where you&#39;re taking this.

vardaquareien
3rd January 2004, 07:32
Originally posted by Susie Q@Jan 3 2004, 02:16 PM
In fact, that whole conversation provided quite the interesting little glimpse into the ‘Lionel Luthor logic’ .
Yeah, this is exactly what I thought&#33; It&#39;s not often we get a look into the MB&#39;s psyche, so that was really intriguing.

Who is MIke? Is he the one listening?????http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/vardaquareien/Smilies/scratchchin.gifThat was who I assumed Mike was...I have no clue as to whether I&#39;m right though&#33;http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/vardaquareien/Smilies/wry.gif For some reason though, this statement about Mike gave me the idea that maybe the MB has some powers of his own? I don&#39;t know why, I mean he probably just has good minions to research for him, but that was an idea that popped into my head when I read that line. http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/vardaquareien/Smilies/hmm.gif

autumngold
3rd January 2004, 08:04
I wish that Lex could have heard Lionel say that he loved him&#33;&#33; Since Lionel couldn&#39;t lie to Chloe, Lex would finally know the truth. Now, however, Lionel knows that Chloe has feelings for Lex. I have a feeling they&#39;re in for more trouble&#33; :chlexsign1:

hfce
3rd January 2004, 18:06
Great update that jackass actually loves his son wow.

Hope ;)

moultipass1
4th January 2004, 06:27
A/N:
how is it that you manage to answer one set of questions only to bring up a dozen more? well... don&#39;t hurt me, because I did it again&#33; :blinkkiss:

“What?&#33; You mean you didn’t prevent her from going?”
“Well, if you hadn’t noticed, Chloe’s not exactly the kind of person who likes being bossed around…”
“Thanks, I knew that… but still…”
“Clark, it was yesterday, nothing bad happened, reacting now will have no effect other than pissing her off.”
“I suppose you’re right.”
Lex held back a relieved sigh when Clark at last let the subject drop. They were at the Talon, and when he had told Clark he and Chloe had seen his father the day before, the farmboy’s scream had been loud enough to tell the whole Smallville population they were here. Clark suddenly looked uncomfortable, like he had something to ask but didn’t know how to ask it. Lex just stared at him, waiting for him to come to a decision. When his friend’s stare finally got to his nerves, Clark asked:
“So… are you guys going out now?”
Lex shrugged, trying to look indifferent.
“I don’t know. It’s Chloe’s decision to make.”
“Glad to know I can choose.”
They turned to see Chloe smiling at them. She sat down next to Lex, and he took that as a good sign.
“So, Clark, did Lex tell you about this gift I seem to be having?”
“Yeah, he did. And…”
“Don’t worry, I’ll try not to ask questions… well, not too much anyway. It should wear off… but I don’t know when. I can’t believe they did that kind of experiments without knowing what it could do or how long it’d last. They…”
As much as Lex liked hearing her ramble, there was something he wanted to know now.
“Did you talk to that Mike boy?”
Chloe rolled her eyes.
“For your information, that ‘Mike boy’ is thirty. And yes, I did.”
“So, what did you learn?”
“Your dad went to him about a month ago and asked him questions about me. The only trouble is…”
She didn’t get a chance to finish her sentence, thanks to Clark’s intervention:
“Wait a second… who’s Mike?”
Chloe waved her hand, showing Clark in a sign that clearly said ‘that’s what I’m talking about’ before answering:
“A friend. He’s the one who was recording the conversation… He’s a computer genius I met last year while working on a story for the Torch. As I was saying, the only trouble is very few people know I know him… well, actually, only me, him, and his sister. And now, you two.”
“And Lionel…”
“Yep.”
Clark looked confused.
“But… how did he know?”
Chloe looked at Lex, letting him answer.
“What matters isn’t ‘how’ he knew, but ‘why’. And ‘when’.”
Chloe nodded. For her, no need to say more, she knew he was thinking the same thing as her. But Clark looked like he could use further information. Lex apparently noticed too and decided to go on.
“See, my father told us he wanted to know more about Chloe because of her two failed interviews with me. The thing is, if that really was the case, he couldn’t have met that Mike boy a month ago since the second interview happened only a few days ago…”
Lex smirked when he noticed Chloe rolling her eyes at the way he called Mike. He had done it on purpose, to get this exact reaction. When she saw his smug expression, she smiled, half amused, half annoyed. Only a few days since they had really started talking, and he already knew how to push her buttons. She didn’t know if she found it nice or infuriating yet. Her smile vanished as she thought back on her conversation with Mike.
“Hey, did it work?”
“Yep&#33; You’re safe from whatever threat he could put on you. Here’s the tape.”
“Did you do a copy?”
“I wanted to, but then I thought that maybe you wouldn’t be pleased, seeing as how there are a few things even you shouldn’t have heard, and that could be used by the wrong guys.”
“So, that’s the only one…”
“Yes.”
“I have another favour to ask you.”
“Go on.”
“I’d like you not to talk about it to anyone.”
“Why do you think I didn’t make a copy?”
“Thanks Mike, you’re the best.”
“I know.”
“If you’re ego goes any bigger, it’ll soon be the size of Kansas. So, can you tell me how Lionel Luthor knows you?”
“He came here to ask questions about you.”
“How did he know we’re friends?”
“I have no idea.”
“What did he ask you?”
“What surprised me the most was when he asked me if I had a picture of you.”
“What?&#33; What’d you tell him?”
“That he should look into Smallville high’s student book.”
“Why didn’t you tell me he had come to see you?”
“I didn’t think that mattered. Sorry about that.”
“No harm done. When was it?
“About a month ago… maybe a month and a half. Are you alright? You look pale…”
“Yeah… yeah, I’m fine.”
Her thoughts were once more interrupted by Clark.
“Wait&#33; Are you saying your father’s been investigating on Chloe for… a long time?”
Lex nodded.
“And that leads us to the ‘why’.”

TBC…

hfce
4th January 2004, 06:49
Ok great update but I have more questions .....

autumngold
4th January 2004, 06:50
This Mike guy better not get in the way of Lex and Chloe&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to find out why Lionel is investigating Chloe&#33;&#33; Maybe he&#39;s playing matchmaker? :biggrin: :chlexsign3: :biggrin:

katspell
4th January 2004, 07:42
:goof: Just what does Lionel think he knows.... hmmmmmmmm.....

As always MORE MORE MORE&#33;

vardaquareien
4th January 2004, 10:12
*chuckle* I loved the whole "Mike boy" scenario with Lex&#33;&#33;&#33; He&#39;s such a cutie when he gets possessive&#33; And finding out that the MB&#39;s been investigating you for a month and a half...if that&#39;s not scary I don&#39;t know what is&#33;&#33;&#33; Hmmmm it makes me think (always dangerous I know) if he&#39;d been looking into her for that long, and if he&#39;s not worried about her having the power she has...could he have wanted her to get it and somehow contrived for it to happen?http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/vardaquareien/Smilies/scratchchin.gif
This ficcy makes me ask so many questions&#33; I want more&#33;&#33;&#33;

Béatrice
4th January 2004, 17:33
You&#39;re wonderful as always. This was a great chapter like the others. :worship2:
It&#39;s the same for me. I have so many questions.
Is this Mike really a right guy? or What are Lionel&#39;s intentions?
Please update soon&#33; :yay: :yay:

Susie Q
5th January 2004, 04:59
Hmm…so Lionel was investigating Chloe before that second incident at the mansion. Since Lionel had to ask that "Mike boy :hehe:" what Chloe looked liked I wonder if she came under his radar because of something she wrote http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Deep-Thinker.gif. And now that Lionel suspects that Chloe may be involved with this son I don’t see him ending his investigation any time soon http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Yahoo_20.gif. I can&#39;t wait to see where you plan to take us this time :cool: .

carebear72884
6th January 2004, 05:29
grrr... i hate it when you leave the story hanging like that, but then again it is why i come back. thanks for the updates they were great. i love where this story is going...it is so much fun.

moultipass1
6th January 2004, 18:51
A/N:
In fact, that whole conversation provided quite the interesting little glimpse into the ‘Lionel Luthor logic’ .

Yeah, this is exactly what I thought&#33; It&#39;s not often we get a look into the MB&#39;s psyche, so that was really intriguing.
see what happens when you make that kind of comments? Ok, those reviews gave me an idea... probably the craziest, stupidiest idea I’ve ever had, but once I had it... well, I couldn’t get it out of my mind until it was written, so here it is... a Lionel’s POV. And stop laughing, you guys have only yourselves to blame&#33; :biggrin:

With a curt nod of my head, I tell my secretary she can get out. She obeys quickly, making me smirk. I know people are afraid of me, and I love that. It’s quite a... powerful sensation, knowing that with only one glance I can scare anybody off... or almost anybody. I don’t remember it ever working with Lex... or with his mother for that matter. And here I can already hear you ‘who the hell does he think he is, thinking about her like she has ever mattered in his life?’ Well, be ready to have a heart attack any second now: I loved her. Still do, actually. Guess I should let you time to recover. Are you fine? Not that I really care.
Yeah, I cheated on her. I don’t see how this has anything to do with what I’m saying. The fact that I can feel love doesn’t mean I’m not Lionel Luthor. Yes, I have feelings. Did you think I wasn’t human? Wait: no need to answer that.
The truth is I’ve loved two people in my life: Lillian and Lex.
And if you ever tell anybody I just said that, I’ll have to kill you. Well... have you killed. That’s not the kind of job I do myself. Bad PR.
Right now, if anybody could see me, they’d probably think it’s not me: a real and genuine smile appears on my lips as I think back on my phone conversation a few minutes earlier.
About a certain Chloe Sullivan.
I’m sure you know her. Pretty, petite blonde, highschool girl, green eyes, speaks her mind (way too much), reporter, editor of the Torch, always asking questions... any of this rings a bell?
Yeah, I thought so.
I discovered her existence about two months ago. Well, not really, I knew her before, knew that she’s Gabe Sullivan’s daughter, but that was about it. And then I read the Torch. I don’t even remember how that paper fell in my hands, anyway it caught my attention. Sure, the girl has talent, and her writing is excellent, but that’s not what peaked my interest. What peaked my interest was her theory. Pretty interesting, I have to say, and for once I had found someone who wasn’t blaming LuthorCorp for everything weird that happens in Smallville. Not only was it nice to know that some people – ok: one person – had enough brain to try looking for answers instead of following everybody’s opinion, she could also be useful. With all the researchs I’ve done in the meteors, I didn’t really think she could tell me something I didn’t know, but you never know when something or somebody can surprise you... how fun would life be otherwise? Anyway, I started investigating on her, and I have to say, I liked what I learnt.
I found a picture of her, thanks to Mike’s – and don’t ask me how I knew about him. I mean... I’m Lionel Luthor, shouldn’t that answer be enough? – idea.
But that wasn’t enough, I wanted to know what she looked like in her everyday life. A trip to Smallville isn’t that long anymore, thanks to modern technology and to the Luthor’s millions of dollars. I spied on her. Just a few minutes, outside her school. She was talking with two friends, one of them I recognized as Clark Kent and the other one I didn’t know, although I seem to remember he kind of looked like that Ross guy who sold me his farm a few years ago. I’m sure you’ve heard that story as well, haven’t you? Anything to make you think I’m the big bad wolfe... which I am, I’m not trying to deny it, I’m quite proud of it actually. But back to Miss Sullivan.
She laughed at something Kent had said, and when she stopped to catch her breath, a smile was still playing on her lips.
What a shock when I saw this smile. God, my wife had the same. The kind of smile that lit up her face, reached her eyes, and made me want to laugh even though I didn’t know why, the kind that could warm a room and make my heart – yeah, I do have a heart, sorry to disappoint – beat faster before completely melting.
Although I’ll deny it to my dying day, and probably after that.
So, what do I do when I see a beautiful, intelligent, snarky young woman who reminds me of the dead wife I’ve loved more than life?
Sleep with her?
Wrong.
Sure, she wouldn’t be the first underage girl I’d have taken, and probably not the last one either, but I have something else in mind for her.
I can have any woman I want, wether she’s willing or not – what? I’m still a ruthless bastard, the Devil, the cold businessman, try not to forget that just because of everything I just said. Don’t let the fact that I do have feelings make you like me, I’d stab you in the back. – so even though I have to admit I’ve wondered what she’d be like in my bed, the other ones will have to do, I won’t take Chloe.
Not when she can become so much. Not when I know Lex has noticed her smile too...

TBC...

asharnanae
6th January 2004, 19:03
:biggrin: woo hoo&#33;&#33; that was fantastic&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; loved lionels point of view, you hardly ever get to see it&#33; :yay:

autumngold
6th January 2004, 19:19
What an excellent update&#33;&#33; :biggrin: I can&#39;t find the words to tell you how much I enjoyed it&#33;&#33; I think it&#39;s so sweet how Lionel has plans for Lex and Chloe together&#33;&#33; Wait, I didn&#39;t actually say Lionel was sweet did I? Of course I didn&#39;t, because if I did he would have me killed. :biggrin: Please update again soon&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

moultipass1
6th January 2004, 19:23
How much do you give me for me not to go and tell him what you said? :biggrin:

Béatrice
6th January 2004, 19:49
I adore you because you made a great update. You&#39;re the best. :clap: I love Lionel&#39;s reaction the first time he met Chloe. He has a good taste in women.
Please update soon&#33;

hfce
6th January 2004, 20:28
Wow interesting..... ;)

vardaquareien
7th January 2004, 02:13
*pats the MB on the head, only just avoiding getting her fingers bitten off* he&#39;s such a cute cold hearted bastard&#33;&#33;&#33;

I love the fact that Chloe reminded him of Lillian the first time he saw her because of the way "les gens que j&#39;ai aimés" had Lex thinking about Chloe everytime he thought about his mother.

scifichick774
7th January 2004, 04:41
Wow. Lionel has a heart...er...sort of. Who knew?

Susie Q
7th January 2004, 14:48
Okay, now that was an interesting little foray into the mind of Lionel Luthor http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/confused06.gif. Lots of winding roads, dense forests, and not nearly enough exit ramps. Certainly a trip I wouldn’t want to make without a survival kit :tongue:. And despite his ‘dirty old man’ thoughts towards Chloe http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/heverbryn.gif, I think the suggestion of the MB in the role of matchmaker is kinda cute :wub:. Can&#39;t wait to see what he has planned. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Wink2.gif

sylvia
7th January 2004, 15:27
Ooh I liked the Lionel chapter.

peepsRfun2eat
9th January 2004, 00:06
Ooo MB you sly cad. *playfully punches his shoulder* Being a matchmaker who knew you had it in you.

great update was an awesome POV from the MB can&#39;t wait for another update. so please if you didn&#39;t get my hint in the last part of that sentence. update really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really *takes breathe* soon&#33;

please?

marrycherry
10th January 2004, 22:25
Originally posted by moultipass1@Jan 6 2004, 05:51 PM
I have to admit I’ve wondered what she’d be like in my bed, the other ones will have to do, I won’t take Chloe.
Not when she can become so much. Not when I know Lex has noticed her smile too...

thats ok &#39;cause otherwise it would be soooo grossss *ew*

Anyway GREAT update, i love to know the way Lionel&#39;s mind actually works....

UPDATE SOON &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

moultipass1
11th January 2004, 03:49
A/N : not really sure about that chapter… honestly, I don’t like it, that’s why I took so long, I wanted to do something else, but well… you know how bitchy muses can be&#33; Mine decided not to let me write anything else than this… hope it’ll lead to something really good, otherwise she’ll be in trouble&#33;

“What the hell does this mean?”
Clark entered in the Torch office to see a very furious looking Chloe reading a letter.
“What is it?”
She didn’t answer, she was too busy trying to decide if she’d really read what she had.
“I do not believe this&#33; This… this… this NAZI also known as our principal is not going to get away with it&#33; Who the hell does he think he is, forgetting he promised me I could run the paper till my last year here? And what problems? There’s no problem, other than the fact I can’t write anything interesting because any topic other than the football team and the cheerleaders doesn’t suit this fucking son of a bitch&#33;”
“Chloe&#33;”
She seemed to suddenly realize she wasn’t alone in the room anymore and she stopped her rant, looking up at Clark who was standing there, waiting for her to tell him what was going on. Not knowing what to say, she handed him the paper she was holding and he quickly read it, his eyes growing wider with each word.
Miss Sullivan, despite our previous agreement and given the many problems encountered by the high school newspaper, I regret to inform you that The Torch will be shut down next week and will not be re-opened before at least two years.
“Chloe, I… I’m sorry.”
“Gee, Clark, stop apologizing like everything that goes wrong’s your fault&#33; It’s annoying. And get out of my way, I’m gonna tell that bastard what I think of him.”
“Chloe, you can’t&#33;”
“The Hell I can’t&#33; He can’t take my baby from me and expect me to keep my mouth shut&#33;”
“Chloe, wait&#33;”
Too late, she had already left the room. Clark sighed. If their principal had decided the Torch wouldn’t exist anymore, and if Chloe couldn’t convince him to change his mind, she’d be devastated, he knew it. Right now, she was angry – ok, not angry, more like fuming – but as soon as the anger would disappear, despair would take its place. He had to do something for her, but what?

“Miss Sullivan, I thought you’d come to see me. Please, have a seat.”
“Thanks, I’ll stand. I assume you know why I’m here?”
“Could it have something to do with my decision regarding the Torch’s future?”
“Or lack of future, if you wanna be specific.”
The principal nodded. He had to admit she had a point. He stood up, not wanting to stay in a position that clearly screamed inferiority when he knew he’d need every possible trick to win the argument. He knew Chloe Sullivan well enough to know she wasn’t going to let it go… unless he played his cards right.
“I don’t understand… I mean… I thought you liked what I’d made of the Torch… you even told me you liked your students being open-minded.”
“Yes. But not that open-minded. Let’s see… meteor theories, never proofs, freaks… do you really think that’s the kind of things a highschool newspaper should be reporting on?”
“I… the Smallville population needs to know what’s happening. If I’m the only one who can inform them, I’ll do it.”
“No, you won’t. Not anymore.”
Chloe frowned. Despite what she had said when she was angry a few minutes earlier, principal Reynolds had always let her do almost anything she wanted to with this paper, he’d never get in her way, so why start now? Well… only one way to find out… it wasn’t like she had something to loose anyway&#33;
“Why now?”
He opened his mouth to answer, but she suddenly felt ill, like she was going to throw up, and her hands clenched her stomach as she tried to hold back a nausea. Her heart began beating faster and a pained groan escaped her lips before she could help it. Her head hurt like hell.
“Miss Sullivan? Are you alright?”
Then, as fast as the symptoms had appeared, they disappeared, just like that. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind.
“Yeah, I’m fine. So, why now?”
Principal Reynolds wondered why he had nearly told her the truth the first time she’d asked the question. He didn’t want her to know, so why almost tell her? Well, that didn’t matter. He shrugged.
“No particular reason.”
Chloe’s eyes grew wide with surprise. She didn’t need her gift to know he was lying, it was obvious in the way his breathing had slightly increased, in the way his body had tensed. But why hadn’t he told her the truth? She groaned.
“I can’t believe it&#33; I’m so gonna kill Lionel Luthor&#33; When he does something like that, he could at least make sure it works long enough for me to get the answers I want&#33;”
The man before her looked confused.
“What are you talking about? Are you sure you feel good?”
“Not really.”
“Should I call a doctor? You looked really sick only a few moments ago…”
“No&#33; No, everything’s alright.”
“Are you sure?”
She just nodded and decided to check if her theory was true.
“Are you really closing the Torch because of ‘problems’, as you put it in your lovely letter?”
“Yes.”
Lie.
“Damn&#33; It had to choose now to wear off&#33;”

TBC…

hfce
11th January 2004, 04:43
Oh wow great update. More please...

Hope :)

autumngold
11th January 2004, 07:32
Oh no, now what is going to happen to Chloe? I&#39;m worried for her, no one knows the long term effects of the red kryptonite&#33;&#33; Great chapter, I can&#39;t wait for the next update&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign1:

vardaquareien
11th January 2004, 08:25
Poor Chloe&#33;&#33;&#33; Hmmm I wonder what Reynolds&#39; real reason is?

gina
11th January 2004, 12:22
Nice update. I hope Chloe is okay and doesn&#39;t suffer any side effects.

More soon please&#33; :)

asharnanae
11th January 2004, 15:12
fantastico&#33;&#33; but the torch closed down&#33;&#33;&#33; :crygreen:

Susie Q
12th January 2004, 13:59
Well that was pretty harsh http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/s20.gif. Why shut the paper down completely? http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/aeh.gif And for two years?&#33; http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/nervous.gif
I wonder what’s reeeaaallly going on http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/confused06.gif because I&#39;m not buying the ‘problems with the paper’ excuse either http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/wenkbrauw001.gif. Too bad the effects of Chloe’s red K affliction has worn off. Oh well, I guess that just means that Chloe will have to get to the bottom of things the old-fashioned way. You know...hacking, B&E, trespassing, etc. :p.

moultipass1
12th January 2004, 14:20
A/N: Alright, I’ll have to admit that maybe, just this time, my muse was right and I was wrong, cause the last chapter lead to this, and well... just read and see&#33; ;)

“Clark? Can I help you?”
“Well... actually, not me.”
Lex raised an eyebrow and motioned for Clark to sit down, but he stayed where he was. Lex stood up as well and poured himself a drink.
“Go on.”
“It’s Chloe.”
“She’s fine, right?”
“Yeah, yeah. Don’t worry. It’s just... Principal Reynolds decided to close the Torch.”
Lex shot him a disbelieving look.
“And that’s what you call fine?”
“Physically, she is... I’m not sure how the principal is at the moment, though&#33;”
Lex smirked at that. He knew the principal as well as he knew Chloe, and he had to admit he’d have given a lot to see them arguing&#33; Now there’s an interresting meeting&#33;
“So, what did you come here for?”
“I don’t think Chloe’s gonna be able to convince him not to do that. And you know how much it means to her. I was thinking that maybe...”
“Maybe I could talk to him.”
“Yeah.”
“Clark, I don’t know if you’d noticed, but I’m not exactly on his list of favourite people. Do the words ‘fired from excelsior and carrier ruined because of me’ ring a bell?”
“I know, Lex. It’s just... I thought you might want to help her. You seem to care about her and...”
“Love” he corrected.
“What?”
“I love her Clark. Now that she knows, there’s no use in denying it anymore.”
Clark was so shocked it took him a few minutes to recover. Lex waited patiently for his reaction, sipping on his twelve year old whiskey every now and then. Finally, Clark shook his head.
“I didn’t know it was that serious. You mean love... as in the everlasting kind, the one I feel for Lana?”
‘No, ‘cause your so called love for Lana is nothing more than a crush on the most popular girl of your school. I’m talking about real love, here, Clark.’ Well... he couldn’t really say that. He simply nodded.
“And how... how does she feel about you?”
“I don’t know. I don’t think she knows it either.”
Clark looked like he couldn’t decide if he should be happy about this new development. Lex sighed.
“Look, Clark, I don’t intend to hurt her.”
“I know. I’m fine... it’s just... a surprise, I guess. Anyway, do you think you’ll be able to put in a word for her.”
“I’ll try. But it might make things worse.”

Choe was in her room, working on her computer, when her father called her name.
“What?”
“At least, come down and eat something&#33;”
She didn’t answer. A sentence on the screen had caught her eyes. She read it again, hopeful, then sighed in disappointment. Another dead end. She heard a shy knock on her door and told Lana to get in. The other girl offered her a small smile and handed her a cup of coffee. Chloe smiled tiredly.
“Aahhhhh... my best friend.”
“Thanks.”
“I was talking about the coffee” she teased.
Lana smiled.
“I thought you could use it. Chloe, don’t you think you should at least try to rest? You haven’t slept since yesterday morning. You’ve been here since you got back from school. If you haven’t found anything, you’re not going to.”
“Thanks for your support, but there has to be something&#33;”
She’d been trying for the past twelve hours to find anything in the consitution that said you couldn’t close a highschool newspaper just like that, unsuccessfully. She was exhausted, depressed, and not in the mood for a ‘it’s not healthy, you must sleep and eat’ speech from Lana. They heard her father’s voice from downstairs.
“Chloe, come down now&#33;”
Surprised at the harsh words, Chloe raised an eyebrow. The voice was just loud enough to be heard, but not so loud that it could be interpreted as anger, so she decided not to move.
“I’m busy, Dad&#33;”
They heard a second voice but couldn’t place it and before they had time to comment on it, there was a knock on the door.
“Come in.”
Her eyebrows rose once again when she saw Lex standing there. Lana had about the same expression, between astonishment and curiosity. She left the room after waving her hand at Lex and giving Chloe a smile.
“Lex... if you can find a place to sit, make yourself at home.”
Was it nervousness he had caught in her eyes before she lowered her gaze? Lex smirked.
“How are you?”
“Fine, thanks. Now, not that I want you to get out or anything, but what are you doing here?”
“Clark told me about the Torch.”
“Yeah, well... Clark’s never been able to keep anything from anyone, except his own secrets.”
“I didn’t realize this was a secret.”
“It’s not. I just... he asked you to try and do something about it, didn’t he?”
“Yeah. And I fail to see how this is a problem.”
“If I wanted you to help, don’t you think I’d have come and asked by myself?”
“Why didn’t you?”
‘Because I don’t want you to feel like I’m using you.’ Instead of saying it, she just shrugged.
“Doesn’t matter. Whatever I say, you’ll do what you feel like. Oh, did I mention the effects of the meteors have disappeared?”
“No, you didn’t. But I’m glad. Chloe Sullivan who refuses to ask questions isn’t Chloe Sullivan.”
She smiled slightly and tried in vain to hold back a yawn. A soft smile graced Lex’s features.
“You haven’t slept since you learnt it, have you?”
She shook her head and leaned back in her pillows trying to ease the tension in her shoulders and neck.
“Close your eyes.”
“No, I... I don’t wanna sleep. I have to find...”
“Close your eyes, Chloe.”
She locked eyes with him, reading the determination in his blue orbs. She sighed deeply and closed her eyes. When she felt a soft hand on her forehead, she opened her eyes again and looked at him in confusion. He just smiled, reassuring her. She nodded in acceptance and let her lids come down once again. He brought his fingers to her and, barely even touching her, ran them along her face in a gentle and soothing caress. When he heard her breathing becoming even and easier, he shut her laptop down and put in on the desk. Then he came back to her side and sat down next to her. In a sleepy voice, she asked:
“You’re not gonna try anything, are you?”
He just smiled and watched her as she drifted off to sleep.
Behind the ajar door, Gabe watched the scene before him with amazement. He’d never seen such tenderness in his boss’ eyes. And he’d been trying to convince Chloe to get some sleep for almost three hours. Gabe smiled and left, careful not to make a noise.

TBC...

katspell
12th January 2004, 16:42
:ohmy: I just love the soft caring LEX&#33;&#33;&#33;

I loved the MB POV too, I don&#39;t know how I missed so many updates, but thanks soooo much&#33;&#33;&#33;

scifichick774
12th January 2004, 16:53
No, ‘cause your so called love for Lana is nothing more than a crush on the most popular girl of your school. I’m talking about real love, here, Clark.

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. Now, if only he had said instead of just thought it. ;)

hfce
12th January 2004, 17:19
Awww how sweet.. :wub:

asharnanae
12th January 2004, 18:22
:biggrin: That was just lovely, I hope the torch can be resolved, caring lex is just a cuite&#33; :yay: :worship2:

autumngold
12th January 2004, 19:03
I really enjoyed your new chapter&#33;&#33; Lex is so sweet&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to see what they will do to save the Torch&#33;&#33; Thank you for all of your quick updates&#33;&#33; :chlexsign3:

Susie Q
12th January 2004, 19:06
Aww look, Lex got to tuck Chloe in :wub:. Hee. Isn’t he just adorable when he’s playing the white knight? http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Heart-Beat.gif So I wonder if we can expect him to go throwing his weight around with principal Reynolds to get the Torch up and running again :p.

sylvia
13th January 2004, 09:31
...You mean love... as in the everlasting kind, the one I feel for Lana?”
I found that so funny&#33;

gina
13th January 2004, 10:49
Aww, Lex is such a sweetie. I also loved his comment on the Clana "love".

I can&#39;t wait to see where this goes&#33; Please update soon&#33;

moultipass1
14th January 2004, 17:44
A/N: short chapter, again. But I don’t see how I could make it longer without it being too long, and I didn’t want to start the Lionel/Lex scene at the end of this one, cause it’s probably going to be a long one, so bear with me&#33; :biggrin:

“My my my... Lex Luthor in my office. Never thought I’d see that again.”
“If you’re gonna start with the hostilities, I can leave right now, and you’ll never know why I came.”
Principal Reynolds nodded.
“Please, have a seat.”
“Thanks, I’ll stand.”
The principal held back a smile when he heard coming from Luthor’s mouth the exact words, on the exact same tone, he had heard from Sullivan the day before. He had seen more students than he could count since he’d become a principal, but there was one thing he was sure of: there were two of them he’d remember till his last day, Chloe Sullivan and Lex Luthor. Lex Luthor mostly because of his wild days, but also because... well, just because you didn’t easily forget Lex Luthor&#33; And Chloe Sullivan because she reminded him of his daughter and because of her spunk.
“So, to what do I owe the displeasure of this visit?”
Lex had decided he’d be nice, but if Reynolds kept that kind of attitude, he didn’t know how long he’d hold onto that decision.
“I just left the Sullivan’s house.”
Reynolds nodded but stayed silent, so Lex continued:
“Chloe Sullivan will probably not come to school today, she has a few hours of sleep to catch up with.”
When there was no reaction from the other man, Lex raised an eyebrow.
“What, not the tiniest hint of guilt? I’m disappointed. I didn’t think you were the kind of man who wanted to hurt his students just for the fun of it. Sure, you’re sometimes hard on them, but I learnt – maybe too late – that it was for their own sake... I just don’t understand how taking her ‘baby’, as she calls it, from her can be good for Chloe.”
“And I don’t understand how this has anything to do with you.”
Lex shrugged.
“Chloe’s a friend.”
“You have friends, Luthor?”
“Not many” he admitted. “That’s why when one of them’s upset, I try to help.”
“And by help, you mean threaten me in order to make me reopen the Torch?”
“I think you’re confusing me with my father.”
He noticed a slight flinch on the other man’s face at that and he nodded once as understanding drowned on him.
“My father. Should’ve guessed. When did you talk to him?”
“Why don’t you ask him?”
Lex sighed in exasperation.
“Look, mister Reynolds, I know you don’t like me, but I think you despise my father. So... what do you think about a pact with Satan’s child to bring Satan down?”
Reynolds held back another smile at that. While it was true he had once hated Lex Luthor, he knew the troublemaker he was then had been replaced by someone else, a responsible man, someone he didn’t know that well, but someone he knew he could trust when it came to his friends. Well... no need to tell him that. He merely nodded, motioning for him to continue. Lex repeated:
“When did you talk to him?”
“The day before yesterday. Around 7 pm.”
Lex managed to hide the surprised gasp that wanted to escape his lips. It meant only a few minutes after he and Chloe had left his office.
“What did he tell you?”
Reynolds seemed to hesitate for a few seconds, but he finally decided to answer.
“That he wanted me to shut the Torch down, that if I didn’t I’d find myself in the same situation I’ve been in when you were fourteen, that he’d take back everything he’s given to the school.”
Lex frowned and thought about it a moment. It was quite an important threat, given that almost everything in this school had been donated by LuthorCorp. He didn’t understand what his father’s motives were for doing it... actually, he didn’t understand what his father’s motives were for investigating on Chloe in the first place. He had to find, otherwise she’d probably be in trouble.
“If I tell you I’ll take care of him, will you reopen the Torch?”
“Lex, you’ve always been in competition with your father. I know it, everybody knows it. What makes you think that this time, you’ll win?”
He knew the words were harsh, but Lionel’s son had to understand he wasn’t likely to win today more than he’d been since his mother’s death. He saw a smirk appear on Lex’s face and wondered, not for the first time since he knew him, what he was exactly thinking about.
“Let’s say this time, I intend to put everything I have in it.”
Reynolds raised his eyebrows at this answer, wondering... Suddenly, he smiled, surprising Lex.
“Friend, indeed.”
“What do you mean?”
“I’ve known you for a long time, Luthor. When was the last time you’ve challenged your father for someone else than yourself?”
Lex raised an eyebrow. Searching in his memory, he couldn’t find the answer. When Reynolds saw the spark that screamed realisation in his eyes, he smiled once more.
“Good luck, Lex.”

TBC...

Susie Q
14th January 2004, 18:36
Hmmm.....…so I wonder if Reynolds was just being particularly perceptive or if Lex’s mask is starting to slip http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Deep-Thinker.gif. Anyhoo, I can’t wait for the Lex/Lionel confrontation. Even given the glimpse of Lionel’s “softer side,” I doubt Lionel will fess up to the real reason why he had the Torch shut down and I’m dying to see what he tells Lex. :yay3:

autumngold
14th January 2004, 18:48
Does Lionel know what he&#39;s doing? That closing down the torch would bring this confrontation with Lex? Excellent chapter, but now I just can&#39;t wait til the next&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign4:

carebear72884
14th January 2004, 20:05
:wub: :wub: I loved the Lionel POV, for a minute i thought aw, Lionel is sooo sweet, then i came to my sences and remebered what a bastard he is, and that he put his own son in an asluim. anyway, it was great.

I cant belive that stupid bastard took chloe&#39;s &#39;baby&#39; away, Lex is going to be so mad, and it is so cute, great job. i will be looking forward to more soon.

gina
15th January 2004, 00:05
Great chapter. I can&#39;t wait to see the Lex/Lionel showdown&#33; Please update soon&#33;

hfce
15th January 2004, 00:32
Great update :clap: more please....

katspell
15th January 2004, 02:22
:yay: An update, a human principle, Love it. Lex is going to bring Lionel to his knees... and we get to watch&#33;

moultipass1
16th January 2004, 03:49
A/N: No Chlex interaction in this one, but a Lex/Lionel conversation that I hope makes up for it&#33; Thanks to those who are still reading this&#33; Oh, and please remember that I’m French – wait&#33; Don’t run away, I’m not going into the English-isn’t-my-first-language speech&#33; lol – which means I haven’t seen anything past the last episode of the second season. :sad: All I know about the third season is what I’ve read about it. Keep in mind that I don’t use the events of this season in this fic. Forget everything you’ve learnt (about Lionel’s past for instance) after Exodus, because I’m not supposed to know anything about it&#33;

Lionel Luthor was waiting for his son, a smirk firmly placed on his lips. Not to his surprise, he had received a call from Lex a few hours before, telling him he needed to talk to him and asking him to come to Smallville. He’d thought he would’ve called earlier, but he figured Lex had only learnt recently about the Torch closing. Lionel almost smiled as he took in his surrounding. Lex’s office. He was proud to say it was him who had taught that tactic to his son: fight on a friendly ground. He was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of the door opening but he didn’t bother to turn to face it. Lex would have to come to him.
Lex smirked when he noticed his father hadn’t moved from where he was, the guest’s chair. His back was to him, but he could almost see the smirk on Lionel’s lips. The one he had seen too many times, the one that said ‘I win.’ The one he intended to wipe off his face today.
“Dad. Glad you could make it.”
“It sounded important.”
“It is.”
Lex made his way to his desk in order to face his father and sat down on his chair. They stayed silent for a while, Lionel waiting for his son to go on and Lex trying to read his father’s expression. He nearly laughed out loud at that thought. He had never been able to do so, he wasn’t going to start now and he knew it. He stood up, poured himself a drink without offering one to his father, and got back to his chair. Lionel glanced at the clock on the wall then turned his eyes back to Lex.
“Are you going to tell me why I’m here?”
“I guess that’s because you came.”
“Funny Lex. Why did you want me to come?”
“Don’t you have even the slightest idea?”
“Business or pleasure?”
Lex raised his eyebrows and asked, his voice dripping with disbelief:
“Pleasure? With you?”
Lionel smirked.
“Alright. So, business. Aren’t you happy about the Japanese deal?”
Lex shook his head and decided he was going nowhere with this. He had to be more direct.
“Why did you have the Torch shut down, dad?”
There, that was direct.
Lionel faked a surprised look and injected as much realisation as he could in his voice given that he had known since the beginning that it was what Lex wanted to talk about.
“Ah… so this is about Miss Sullivan… definitely pleasure, then, not business.”
Lex wisely decided to ignore this remark.
“The only reason I can imagine for you doing it is that you felt threatened by The Torch. I just don’t see how a high school newspaper could have done any harm to you.”
Now was a good time to start with what he had in mind. Lionel smirked… oh… he was going to have fun.
“Do you think Miss Sullivan told you everything that’s been said when we were alone in my office?”
“I know she did.”
“Are you sure, Lex?”
Lex didn’t answer. He didn’t see what his father was getting at and he didn’t like it. He quickly played the scene in his mind, going over everything she’d told him when she’d got out of his father’s office.
“So, how did it go?”
“I’m alive.”
“Yeah, I noticed that. But what did he tell you?”
She told him what his father had said about EntNash and Tomson.
“Is that all?”
“There’s something else, but you wouldn’t believe me anyway.”
“Try me.”
She smiled and stood on her tiptoes to place a light kiss just at the corner of his lips. He stared at her, surprise clearly written in his eyes. Before he had time to question her actions, she said softly:
“Thank you, Lex. For bringing me here. I know you didn’t want me to come and it means a lot to me that you helped me even though you didn’t like it.”
He knew she was changing the subject and was purposely avoiding talking about what Lionel had told her and he nearly called her on it, but then he saw her blush slightly at what she’d said and, realising how unusual it was for her, he changed his mind and just smiled.
“You’re welcome.”
Brought back to present time by his father’s humourless chuckle, Lex barely managed to hide his frown.
“So, guess I was right, wasn’t I, Lex. She didn’t tell you everything… Well… That just means she was another woman wanting you for what you can give her. You should be used to it by now.”
Lex silently counted to ten in five different languages and took a sip of his drink. It was all he could do not to strangle his father right now. Come to think of it, maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea. After all, he did know a few places where he could hide the corpse.
What was bothering him was the fact that he had no idea what it was that Chloe didn’t think he’d believe. And why she wouldn’t tell him… surely, she couldn’t have anything to hide from him, could she? God, he hated not knowing, he hated doubts. He had trust issues to work on, he was aware of it, and he’d hoped Chloe could be the one to help him with it, but now… after what his father had told him, after what Chloe had told him… Chloe&#33; Lex cursed himself for his stupidity and for ever having doubts about her. If what she didn’t want him to know was really something that bad, she wouldn’t have told him about it. He knew when it mattered, she could be a good liar, almost as convincing as he was, she was great at pretending. So she could have gotten away with telling him there was nothing more, instead of telling him that there was something, but that she didn’t think he’d believe it.
Lionel watched his son and silently congratulated him for the lack of emotions on his face. He was showing absolutely no sign of what he was thinking about, although Lionel knew inside he was confused and angry. Who wouldn’t be after what he’d just said? He stood up.
“Well, if you don’t mind, I think I’m gonna go back to Metropolis now.”
His father had almost reached the door when Lex spoke up.
“I do mind.”
Lionel turned around to look at him.
“Is there something else you wanted to talk about, son?”
Lex really hated that when Lionel was trying to play the caring father. It irked him. And so did the condescending tone he’d just used.
“Not something else. I just don’t consider our discussion’s over. Tell me why you ordered principal Reynolds to close the Torch.”
“Not until you tell me why you care.”
Lex shrugged.
“Chloe’s a friend, as alien as that concept is to you.”
A real smile suddenly appeared on Lionel’s lips and Lex’s eyes grew wide for less than a second before his mask fell in place once more. ‘That’s it, the end of the world. Well… it was nice while it lasted.’
“I’ve heard that line.”
Lex frowned.
“No, you haven’t. I’ve never told you anything like this.”
“I have. I was the one to say it.”
Lex was sure he’d misheard.
“What?”
Not really articulate, but it was all he could manage right now. Lionel nodded.
“To my father. About your mother.”
“What are you talking about?”
“It doesn’t matter. What matters is I want you to tell me the truth, Lex. If you do it only once in your life, it has to be now.”
Lex flinched slightly at his father’s serious tone. It didn’t sound like a threat, it wasn’t arguing, nor was it an arrogant comment, it didn’t seem sarcastic… so what was it? A real conversation? Reserve could be heard in his voice when he asked suspiciously:
“What’s the question?”
“Do you love Chloe Sullivan?”

TBC…

carebear72884
16th January 2004, 04:12
what is with the sweet lionel??? i like it so much, but at the same time it scares me. o well, it is great, keep it coming.

katspell
16th January 2004, 04:21
how can he be such a MB and so carring at the same time? really how do you pull it off? *Gets out little notebook and gets ready to take notes*

hfce
16th January 2004, 07:11
I am sorry but Lex be careful. Lionel is evil. More please..

Hope :chlexsign1:

vardaquareien
16th January 2004, 07:44
Oooooh so much good stuff while I havn&#39;t been here&#33;&#33;&#33;

:wub: I loved Lex tucking Chloe in and Gabe&#39;s reaction to seeing it&#33;

I loved Reynolds "Friend, indeed." comment&#33; I would have loved to see Lex&#39;s face at that point&#33;

...and the last update&#33; Wow&#33; this is getting sooo good&#33; I can&#39;t wait to see whether Lex answers him triuthfully or not. Considering his words to Clark that since Chloe knows how he feels, there&#39;s no denying it to other people I&#39;m inclined to believe he will tell the MB. But the MB, being the MB I have no idea what his reaction will be&#33; Was his whole purpose in closing the Torch just to get Lex to meet with him and get him to say the truth? I&#39;m always unsure when it comes to the MB&#33;&#33;&#33;

autumngold
16th January 2004, 08:48
Thank you for the great update&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to find out how Lex will answer his father&#33;&#33; Is it ever safe to be truthful to Lionel? :chlexsign1:

sylvia
16th January 2004, 10:21
I like how this is all coming together. Can&#39;t wait to see your next updates&#33; Yes, "updates" - in the plural, please&#33; :)

gina
16th January 2004, 13:40
My, this is getting very interesting. I don&#39;t what to think about Lionel&#39;s motives and I don&#39;t trust him at all. Lex, please don&#39;t trust Lionel&#33;

I can&#39;t wait to see Lex&#39;s response&#33; Please post more soon&#33; :)

Susie Q
17th January 2004, 01:53
Originally posted by moultipass1@ Jan 15 2004, 07:49 PM
A real smile suddenly appeared on Lionel’s lips and Lex’s eyes grew wide for less than a second before his mask fell in place once more. ‘That’s it, the end of the world. Well… it was nice while it lasted.’:hehe: This cracked me up for some reason. :hehe:

Well Lionel sure is taking a round-about approach with his matchmaking efforts. First the Torch incident and now baiting Lex. I guess it’s all a part of maintaining his MB image http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Yahoo_20.gif. Hmm, I can’t wait to hear what response Lex gives to Lionel’s question. :yay3:

moultipass1
18th January 2004, 05:07
A/N: I should be sleeping by now, but noooo, that stupid muse :hammer: had to come up with it and wouldn’t let me get some rest until I agreed to write it down... so, if you like this chapter, thank her, if you don&#39;t, blame her. And if you’re glad about the quick update... well, don’t thank ME, ‘cause I’d be more than happy to be in my bed right now instead of posting it&#33; lol. Oh, and please, try not to pay attention to any grammar mistake, ‘cause it&#39;s 4am and I think I&#39;m not able to think straight even in my own language&#33; :lol:

“Do you love Chloe Sullivan?”
There were so many ways he could answer that question... he could tell the truth, he could lie, he could answer with a question, he could use sarcasm, he could refuse to answer... it would probably have helped if he’d known why his father was asking it...
“I’m waiting, Lex.”
He snapped out of his thoughts and stared at his father before choosing the fourth solution he had come up with.
“I thought love wasn’t in the Luthors’ vocabulary.”
Lionel nodded in agreement.
“It shouldn’t be.”
There it was. Three words. Three simple words. Three confusing words. He’d always been amazed by his father’s ability to answer a question only to bring out more only with a few words. It was an art he’d been trying to perfect for years. What did he mean? Was it a warning, a threat, a fact, a regret? Lex was tired of mind games. And, for once, he decided to ask his father exactly what he wanted to ask him:
“What do you mean?”
If Lionel was surprised by his son’s reaction, he didn’t show it. ‘How shocking’ Lex thought wryly.
“Luthors aren’t allowed to love. Love is an emotion, and emotions make you weak. But some things just can’t be helped. Just because I order you to do – or, more exactly, not to do – something, doesn’t mean you can obey.”
“Since when?”
“Since we’re talking about Chloe Sullivan.”
If Lex hadn’t been lost before, he’d certainly be by now.
“Why is it different this time?”
“Maybe I’ll answer your question when you answer mine. Do you love her?”
Lex shrugged.
“Does it matter?”
“It does.”
“Why?”
Lionel let out an exasperated sigh. Well... as much of an exasperated sigh as Lionel Luthor would let pass his lips.
“Can you stop fighting me? I’m not here as your enemy... just this time. If you hadn’t noticed, I’m not exactly the most patient person in the world, I’ll ask it one more time... one last time, Lex. You can tell me the truth, you can lie if you want to, but whatever you decide, choose carefully. Are you in love with Chloe Sullivan?”
He had no idea what answer his father was expecting. All he knew was that if he told him the truth, Chloe’d be in danger... even more than she already was. And he couldn’t allow that to happen... could he? On the other hand, his father seemed sincere when he said he wasn’t here as his enemy... Lex nearly rolled his eyes at that thought. His father had made it his favourite hobby to seem sincere when he wasn’t, there was no way to tell whether he really was or not. How the hell was he supposed to deal with that kind of situation? Suddenly he made up his mind. Chloe deserved the only thing he could give her other than his love: the truth. But it was more than that. It was the truth told to his father. Lex took a deep breath.
“Yes. I am.”
Lionel smirked at that. He knew Lex had told him the truth. Actually, he’d suspected his son’s feelings for Chloe went as deep as they could get the first time he’d seen them together, and the sincerity in Lex’s eyes as he’d spoken the words directly to his face was the only proof he needed.
“What would you do for her, Lex? Until where would you go? Would you die for her?”
Now that he’d told him the truth about the most important thing in his life, he may as well keep going that way.
“Yes, I would.”
“Would you kill for her?”
Lex smirked.
“Are you sure you want to know the answer to that?”
When Lionel simply nodded, Lex couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow. It wasn’t like his father to keep quiet. But he’d seen many things that weren’t like his father in the past twenty minutes.
“I would.”
Lionel nodded once more and made a move to leave, but Lex called after him.
“I’d like to understand.”
“There’s nothing to understand. You love her. Who am I to stand in the way of true love?”
Lex let out an humourless chuckle at that.
“You’re Lionel Luthor. You can stand in the way of whatever you feel like standing in the way of. Especially if that whatever has anything to do with me. And anyway, when has love ever stopped you?”
“When have you ever loved, Lex?” Lionel shot back.
Lex was at a loss for words for a moment, but he recovered quickly enough to avoid any kind of comment from his father.
“I loved Julian. I loved Mum.”
“I know. Can you give me only one example of me preventing you from spending time with them, from loving them.”
Lex had to admit he was right: his father had never done anything against his relationships with his brother and mother. He’d made him suffer a lot throughout his childhood, during his teenager’s years, and even now, but he had never... he stopped thinking about them at this moment.
“What about Pamela? I loved her.”
“Yeah. But I had to take her away from you. She was your weakness.”
Lex was more and more confused as seconds passed by. If he hadn’t known any better, he would’ve said his father’s tone sounded... apologetic. Suddenly his mind went to a halt as he thought back on what Lionel had just said, then went into overdrive. And, forgetting who he was dealing with and what were the risks for showing any kind of emotions in front of him, he was unable to keep the total amazement out of his voice as he asked:
“Wait a second&#33; You don’t think Chloe’s a weakness?”
“I think she can become your greatest strength.”

TBC...

hfce
18th January 2004, 05:15
I am glad your muse made you post this. Good job :clap: I still dont trust Lionel .

Hope :blinkkiss:

vardaquareien
18th January 2004, 10:39
Great update&#33;&#33;&#33; I really luv the last line&#33; It&#39;s so true&#33;&#33;&#33;

Susie Q
18th January 2004, 19:14
Well it seems the verbal judo is not just limited to the Chlex. I liked this special-edition round featuring Lex and Lionel. I think they both walked away somewhat more enlightened. Still, I wonder how long the quasi-truce will last http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/Yahoo_20.gif.

Originally posted by moultipass1+ Jan 17 2004, 09:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moultipass1 &#064; Jan 17 2004, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lionel let out an exasperated sigh. Well... as much of an exasperated sigh as Lionel Luthor would let pass his lips.
“Can you stop fighting me? I’m not here as your enemy... just this time.[/b] :lol: I was imagining Lionel trying not to pout and resisting the urge to stomp his foot in frustration when I read this. I was also tickled by his “just this time” qualifier. It was like, okay Lex, just this once I’m not gonna stab you in the back :hehe:.

<!--QuoteBegin-moultipass1@ Jan 17 2004, 09:07 PM
He’d always been amazed by his father’s ability to answer a question only to bring out more only with a few words.[/quote] Yeah I hear ya Lex, I know of just such a person. *looks pointedly in moultipass’s direction* Hee. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist :tongue:.

asharnanae
18th January 2004, 19:51
:biggrin: oh now this is really getting good&#33; agh but now I need more&#33; great update&#33; :worship2:

gina
19th January 2004, 12:18
Great update&#33; I refuse to trust Lionel, but I must admit the man does have a point...

I can&#39;t wait to see where this goes, please post more soon&#33; :)

autumngold
19th January 2004, 18:31
You are so wonderful&#33;&#33; While I&#39;m sorry you had to be up posting at 4am, I just loved your new chapter&#33;&#33; Please thank your muse for me :biggrin: &#33;&#33; Now that Lex knows his father approves what will he do? :chlexsign4:

carebear72884
19th January 2004, 23:54
hee, i love your lionel, he is sweet and mostly evil at the same time, to bad the atual lionel isn&#39;t like that. keep this fic up, it is one of my favorites, update soon, please

moultipass1
20th January 2004, 20:28
A/N: Why do I know which part’s gonna be your favourite in this chapter? :blinkkiss:

QUOTE (moultipass1 @ Jan 17 2004, 09:07 PM)
He’d always been amazed by his father’s ability to answer a question only to bring out more only with a few words.

Yeah I hear ya Lex, I know of just such a person. *looks pointedly in moultipass’s direction* Hee. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist I have no idea what you&#39;re talking about&#33; :biggrin:

“Chlo, Principal Reynolds is asking for you.”
Chloe raised an eyebrow.
“What does he want?”
Clark shrugged.
“Dunno. Just told me to tell you to go see him as soon as possible.”
Chloe frowned, unable to think clearly when her mind was still in need of sleep. She’d gotten only a few hours, and that wasn’t nearly enough after two days of work and research. She’d woken up at noon and decided she’d go to school this afternoon. She made her way to the principal office, knocked on the door and got in after being told to do so.
“Ah, Miss Sullivan. Sit down.”
She obeyed, wondering what she was doing here.
“It you were anybody else, I’d have asked you to come and see me to give you a lecture about your relationship with Lex Luthor, but you’re not anybody else. I just wanted to see you to tell you the Torch’s problem has been solved.”
She didn’t need anything else. She stood up, not bothering to thank him, and left the room after mumbling a “I’m going to kill him” that made Reynolds smile.

“Luthor&#33; Where are you?”
Lex smirked when he heard Chloe’s voice coming from the hall. She sounded rather angry. He didn’t answer, knowing she’d find him soon enough. He’d barely had time to think it when his office door burst open.
“Chloe. Nice to see you. How are you?”
She smiled sweetly... way too sweetly.
“Lex, care to tell me what happened today that had Reynolds reopen the Torch?”
“I told him he could.”
“Like that’s a good explanation. I told you...”
“I know what you said, Chloe. I wanted to help you.”
“I didn’t want you to.”
“And I still don’t understand why.”
“Two reasons: first, I didn’t want you to feel like I was using you...”
“Nonsense. You didn’t ask me anything.”
She ignored his interruption and went on:
“Second, I wanted to do it by myself.”
Lex smiled.
“Reynolds didn’t tell you, did he?”
“Didn’t tell me what?”
“Why he’d done it.”
“I didn’t exactly give him a chance to say anything.”
“You couldn’t have made him reopen it.”
“How do you know? I can always...”
He stood up and made his way toward her, interrupting her once more.
“It was my father, Chloe.”
She was stunned for a second but she quickly recovered.
“What? What do you mean?”
“My father made him close the Torch.”
“But... why? I mean... I don’t understand. This newspaper isn’t a threat to him.”
Lex nodded.
“It wasn’t about the newspaper. It was about you.”
Chloe frowned.
“You’re gonna think I’m repeating myself, but what do you mean?”
Lex sighed. How did he explain it? He had thought about it since his father had left a few hours earlier, and he’d reached a conclusion, but he wasn’t sure he’d really understood why his father had done it. He reached out to gently caress her cheek, smiling when she leaned slightly into his touch, and put a lock of hair back behing her ear.
“I think he figured what I feel for you when we were in Metropolis. He just wanted to know if it was real or if it was just like for every other women in my life.”
“I... why?”
He shrugged.
“I’ve never really understood my father. All I know is this whole closing the Torch thing was just a test. He wanted to see if I’d confront him about it. If you meant enough to me that I’d go as far as challenging him for you.”
Chloe looked into his eyes, searching for what he wasn’t telling her, but she couldn’t find anything. He was sincere. Understanding drowned on her... the fact that the Torch had been reopened could mean only one thing...
“You did.”
Half statement, half question, her whisper made him smile and he nodded once.
“I did.”
Unable to tell him how grateful she was for it, even more so knowing how hard it always was for him to confront his father, she hesitated for a split second before raising her head and meeting his lips with her own. Gentle at first, the kiss quickly grew in passion. Lex turned them and pushed her backward until she sat on his desk. She moaned when she felt one of his hands reach under her top and trace soft patterns on her back while the other rested on her hip, holding her as close as physically possible. Lost in the moment, she undid the top two buttons of his shirt, before she felt a hand on her wrist.
“Chloe, stop.”
Confused, she looked up to meet his gaze. That’s when she understood what he was doing. His eyes were a few shades darker than usual and he looked like he was fighting hard not to tear her clothes apart. Pride swelled through her as she realized that he’d lose control if she pushed things only a little further. She smirked.
“What if I don’t want to stop?”
Not sure he’d heard her right, Lex raised an eyebrow.
“Then don’t count on me to be the reasonable one this time.”
Chloe smiled and pulled him down for another kiss before asking:
“Promise?”

TBC...

carebear72884
20th January 2004, 21:02
AHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Amber has now run away, she will not be able to funtion until this fic is updated..

autumngold
20th January 2004, 21:12
Originally posted by carebear72884@Jan 20 2004, 08:02 PM
AHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Amber has now run away, she will not be able to funtion until this fic is updated..
Please, please save Amber&#33;&#33; In other words, update quickly&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign3: :biggrin:

asharnanae
20th January 2004, 21:22
:biggrin: whoo hooooooo&#33; fantastic stuff&#33; love it all&#33; :yay:

hfce
20th January 2004, 23:37
More now please....

scifichick774
21st January 2004, 04:53
Finally. ;)

MissMed03
21st January 2004, 07:46
You would stop it there wouldn&#39;t u? Son of a b*&#33;%E& ass monkey &#33;%#&# I can&#39;t believe you&#33; How long must I wait for smut, how long will u torture us. Shame on you. Great Update tho. Hurry with the next chapter will you.

gina
21st January 2004, 11:44
:yay:
Ooh, niiiiiiiice&#33; But I can&#39;t believe you ended it there, please update soon&#33;

Béatrice
21st January 2004, 12:20
:biggrin:
You can&#39;t stop here. Please continue&#33; :worship2:

moultipass1
21st January 2004, 16:16
Hi guys&#33;
Sorry, it&#39;s not an update, I&#39;d just like to remind you that this fic is PG13 and that I don&#39;t plan on changing it.
Sorry, you&#39;ll have to wait for my next fic for the smut&#33; :biggrin:
Anyway, thanks for the reviews

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

Susie Q
21st January 2004, 22:29
Eh, being reasonable is overated http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/yellwinky.gif. Chloe’s given the green light so go for it Lex http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/makeout.gif. Speaking of which, what is this ‘no smut’ business? I can’t believe you’d tease us with desk smut only to pull the ‘cut to the next scene where they’re smoking cigarettes’ scenario :tease:. *gives long-suffering sigh at being denied desk smut* Ah well, I still love this fic so chop, chop with the update. :yay3:

moultipass1
22nd January 2004, 10:21
A/N: I didn’t really see the point in writing another chapter before the epilogue, so here it is: the end of my fic. :crygreen:

I can’t believe you’d tease us with desk smut only to pull the ‘cut to the next scene where they’re smoking cigarettes’ scenario :hehe:
Nope, you won&#39;t even get this one&#33; :tease:
Anyway, thanks to those who read it and to those who reviewed&#33; Love you guys&#33; :love:

When Pete entered the Talon, the first thing he noticed was Clark watching – you’ll never guess – Lana. The second thing was Lex Luthor talking with Chloe. He stopped and hesitated for a few seconds. He wanted to see his friend, but on the other hand, there was a Luthor at her table. Pete shrugged. He may not like the guy, but even he had to admit that the sentence ‘like father, like son’ couldn’t very well apply in his case. Nodding to himself, he made his way toward their table. Only when he got closer did he notice a few things that were different from the usual situation: first, Luthor was smiling – really smiling, not smirking, not looking smug. Second, they were too close to each other. And Luthor’s arm was on the couch behind Chloe and she was leaning into his touch, letting him play absently with a lock of her hair while talking. There was also something else that seemed strange, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. He moved a little so he could see Chloe’s face and frowned as he realized what it was. Chloe was giving Luthor the same look she used to direct at Clark, only more... intense. This was not good. Not good at all.
Chloe’s back was to the door, so she couldn’t see who was coming in the coffee shop, but when she heard the doorbell ring, she knew it had to be him. She felt someone looking intently at her and met Lex’s gaze. He answered her unspoken question with a curt nod of his head and she sighed. He gave her a comforting smile.
“Chloe... if you don’t want to do this today, say it. It can wait.”
She shook her head. It was time to face the music, she knew it as well as he did.
“It’s been a month, Lex. Clark and Lana know, my dad knows. He’s gonna be pissed enough when he learns we waited all this time to tell him, no need to make it any longer.”
Lex nodded and looked up to see Pete coming closer to them. Contrary to what he’d thought, Chloe’s friend didn’t look angry... more like confused. He knew Pete had seen what there had to see: his smile, his arm, every little indication of what was happening between Chloe and him, everything they’d decided to stop hiding. Pete finally arrived at their table and looked like he wanted to say something. He opened his mouth to speak, but thought better of it and closed it again. Lex acknowledged his presence with a nod and Chloe nervously looked up at him.
“Hey.”
“Hey. C... can I talk to you for a second, please?”
Lex took the hint and stood up, gently brushing his fingers against Chloe’s arm, knowing she could use the physical contact, before going to the counter. Pete sat down in front of her and an uncomfortable silence fell upon them before they both started:
“So...”
They smiled.
“You first.”
Pete nodded.
“Okay... I’m not nearly as good as you with words and not nearly as good as Luthor to avoid embarrassing topics, so... can you tell me what’s going on?”
“Lex and I... er... we’re kind of... together.”
Pete sighed and leaned back into his chair.
“That’s the answer I was dreading. Since when?”
“Well... remember when I arrived late one morning and you noticed I was wearing the same clothes as the day before?”
Pete’s eyes widened.
“That was a month ago&#33;”
Chloe didn’t answer. She knew it was wrong to keep something like that from one of her best friends for so long, but she just hadn’t been able to say it. It wasn’t quite the kind of thing she could throw just like that. How could she have done that knowing Pete’s infamous hatred for all Luthor-related things? ‘Yeah Pete, glad about your A in maths. Oh, you know, that rich man you hate.. what’s his name? L something... No, not Lionel Luthor, his son... yes, Lex, that’s it. Yeah, him... well, I’m fucking him. Or he’s fucking me, it depends. So, how’d you do to get that A?’ Yeah, that would have gone well&#33;
“Why didn’t you tell me, Chloe?”
“You mean apart from the fact I wasn’t sure you wouldn’t go straight to the manor to tear him into pieces?”
Even though he was sad she hadn’t told him, he had to laugh at that.
“I see your point.” He motioned to Clark and Lana. “Do they know?”
Chloe nodded.
“Lana lives with me, it was kinda hard not to let her know and well... she couldn’t lie to Clark.”
“But you could lie to me.”
There was a hint of hurt in his voice she understood only too well.
“Technically, I didn’t lie to you. I just... forgot to mention a few details of my sex life.”
She took a sip of her coffee and winced when she noticed it’d gone cold. She was starting to get worried by Pete’s lack of reaction. She locked eyes with him and breathed a sigh of relief when she couldn’t see any anger in his. He looked a bit disappointed that they hadn’t told him sooner, but not furious. He sighed.
“Do you love him?”
She couldn’t help but smile at his question. She knew that eventually, he was going to ask it. And she knew what answer would satisfy him. It was the only one she could give him. The truth.
“Yes.”
A soft smile graced Pete’s features at that.
“Then what can I say... except for ‘thanks for finally letting me know’.”
She noticed the way he’d emphasized the ‘finally’ and chuckled at the playful tone in his voice. He wasn’t mad at her, and for that, she’d be eternally grateful. He stood up.
“Well... I guess you want to talk to him, so I’m gonna let you and see Lana and Clark. Even though I’m almost okay with it, I’m not ready to have a decent conversation with him while you two are making out.”
She laughed and watched him leave her table, go to Lex and speak to him for a second before going to their two friends.
Lex smirked as he saw Pete coming to him. He knew what was to come. Without stopping near him, the young man simply said:
“Hurt her, you die.”
Lex just nodded and went back to Chloe, sitting down next to her and letting her snuggle against him.
“How did it go?”
“He just asked me one question.”
“What was it?”
“If I loved you.”
Lex felt his stomach drop to his knees and then rise to his throat as he waited for her to elaborate. When she didn’t, he swallowed hard and asked, hating the vulnerability he could hear in his own voice:
“And what... what did you say?”
“Well... he didn’t kill you, did he?”
Lex just watched her. She was going to say it. She had to say it. He needed to hear her say it. Knowing exactly what he was thinking, Chloe smiled softly at him.
“I love you, Lex.”

THE END.

scifichick774
22nd January 2004, 15:08
Oh, wow. Nicely done. The perfect ending. :)

vardaquareien
22nd January 2004, 15:31
Yep I agree&#33; That really was the perfect ending to a wonderful fic. I especially loved the last few lines. :wub:

Great job&#33; :clap: Can&#39;t wait to read your next fic&#33; *hint, hint*

hfce
22nd January 2004, 16:16
Awwww that was a beautiful ending. :wub:

Hope :wub:

katspell
22nd January 2004, 16:41
aaaawwwww, that was great. Thanks for the great ending.

carebear72884
22nd January 2004, 18:41
so good, i love this fic, but i will review later, as i am late for class

ok, i am back now, i do really love your story, what i like most of all was how sweet lionel was, all though i dont see it as being true to his charactor, it was nice to see a change from his normal self. great job, can&#39;t wait to see your next fic, i am looking forward to it.

marrycherry
22nd January 2004, 18:48
SO SWEET :wub:

I LOVE THE END, GREAT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

autumngold
23rd January 2004, 05:13
You are a wonderful, wonderful person&#33;&#33; I love the fluffy, happy ending&#33;&#33; I hope you write another story soon&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign4:

gina
23rd January 2004, 07:41
Aww, what a sweet ending&#33;

This was a great fic&#33; I hope you write more soon&#33; :)

Susie Q
24th January 2004, 02:19
THE END? But, but....what about....because....I mean....*sighs in defeat* I guess it had to come to an end eventually http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/verdriet.gif. But hey, hooray for happy endings http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/schwenk.gif. It’s so nice to see Lex using his little corner in the Talon for Chloe snugglies rather than brooding. And awww….Chloe finally told Lex she loved him http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/I-Love-You.gif. Oooo and how great a friend is Pete. He’s such a good sport http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/smitten.gif. This was a great ending to a wonderful fic http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/clapping.gif.

P.S.
I can’t wait for your next story complete with smut filled antics. I have it in writing *points to a previous post* and I have multiple copies so you can’t back out http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/PaperDevil.gif.

Ainur
24th October 2004, 04:29
Very nice story. Love Chlex but the thing I really likes was Lionel acting like a real father. Crazy still but like a father. Great story&#33; ;)

starmoon
14th May 2005, 22:49
loved this story espally the ending.

welshy
14th May 2005, 23:46
It was a wonderful story, and I loved the ending :wub:

darkangel
5th July 2005, 03:29
I liked this fic.

Goldielocks
8th December 2005, 23:22
OMG i love it, and i have to say that the loinal's first pov. was one of the best i've ever read. i was def. intresting to see things from his pov., we sure don't see that often....i truly love this story u have to write another one...PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ,

spaceboi's pixie
11th January 2006, 18:34
:clapclap: :clapclap: great fic and lovely ending:wub:

:respect:

zho9
12th February 2006, 00:37
:clapclap: :clapclap: great fic and lovely ending:wub:

:respect:

ditto!

persephone47
12th February 2006, 16:08
great story, the ending was sweet

CrazyGirlWriter
13th June 2010, 11:27
this is a very cute story. Lionel admitted he loved Lex and that he was evil, Chloe didn't go crazy on the ability to learn the truth, Lex was adorable and very little clark and lana drama. greatness all around